Everyones Draft Weekend Plans
-
I used to have a draft party. kegs, BBQ, strippers etc.....
now I am married with kids so it is with a 6 pack and a pizza and me watching on the couch. LOL
-
1) I'm going to the Draft Party in Cleveland with Calfoxwc, another friend, & my 6 year old Grandson, Michael, who is a HUGE Browns' Fan (he & I will be wearing our Joe Thomas jerseys).
2) I'll watch the remainder of the Draft on TV, either at home or at a local sports bar.
3) Tracking UDFA signings may be my favorite part of player acquisition. These guys usually have no sense of entitlement & play with a chip on their shoulder. Some true "diamonds in the rough" surface here. True "rags to riches" stories.
I have always loved the Draft & this year I'm actually confident in what we'll do.
Mike
-
Wings and a 12 pack of Breckenridge Vanilla Porter for each day

I normally work Saturday but booked it off ........

-
i stock my 'bar' with something light like corona, have plenty of lime and throw a bottle of stoli in the freezer.
come into the bedroom where i have my office and put the 42" plasma on while i'm on the brownsboard TAVERN. it's pretty cool to read the comments before and after each pick.
it's a roller coaster ride for sure. i'll do the same friday night. by saturday though there's only a couple of stragglers left here so i'll watch the rest of the rounds at the local watering hole.
-
@mike-h said:
I'll be in Cleveland. Flying Friday night though, so will miss some of Day 2. Thursday night I'm staying home with some whiskey and my laptop.
If anyone wants to meet up on the west side for Saturday, it'd be fun to grab a drink or two and watch the final rounds. Message me on here
Sucks being a Cleveland fan in the LA area. I have a buddy who is from Ohio but is moving to San Diego. A lot of Raider fans who end up somewhat watching the Browns due to me. LOL converting them slowly
-
Browns play in San Diego next year.
-
I work 2nd shift, but I took Thursday and Friday off to be able to watch it. I know the wife will want to go out Friday night so I may suggest Roosters in Canton so I'll still be able to watch.
-
I work 2nd shift, but I took Thursday and Friday off to be able to watch it. I know the wife will want to go out Friday night so I may suggest Roosters in Canton so I'll still be able to watch.
I work 2nd shift, but I took Thursday and Friday off to be able to watch it. I know the wife will want to go out Friday night so I may suggest Roosters in Canton so I'll still be able to watch.
Good idea. Roosters has excellent prices & the TVs are well positioned. If you decide to head there, shoot me a PM if you want. It's always good to meet another board member & I just may spring for a round.
Mike
-
They have rootbeer at Roosters?
-
Going to my cousin's on Thursday night. Friday and Saturday we are throwing a surprise bachelor party for my buddy in Pittsburgh of all places. I will be paying close attention to my phone/the tv wherever we are.
-
I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.
-
-
I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.
Same here. I haven't touched a personal day this school year and I'm cashing in.I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.
-
I'll watch every minute of the draft.
Last winter I was co-oping with an auto company and had to get up at 4am the day after rd 1 to get into work early. I got like 2 hours of sleep but it was worth it.
Since it falls later this year I'll be back in Strongsville for it instead of Ann Arbor. I'll have to see which of my buddies are back home.
Either way, I'll watch every minute of it going back and forth between ESPN and NFL Network
-
The draft party is pretty cool, a lot of fun. If anybody else is going ,let Canton Mike and I know...
-
The draft starts at 1am, UK time. I'll be in bed, and probably waking up extra early like christmas morning, only to find we've somehow selected Brandon Weeden again.
-
The draft starts at 1am, UK time. I'll be in bed, and probably waking up extra early like christmas morning, only to find we've somehow selected Brandon Weeden again.
-
I will say actually sitting and watching the draft last year was the most boring experience of my life. That was why I was losing my shit over those trades. Not because they weren't good value but because they made me watch the first half of Saturdays draft show without a Browns selection.
-
that's why i didn't mind the old format.
at least we have 2 first rounders this year so thursday night will be a lot more exciting.
-
@mike-h said:
I'm in San Diego too. Lots of Browns fans down here. Well, not really, but not many chargers fans until the playoffs. Until then it's a mixed bag haha
So, both you and MarkO live there.
I have thought about that area for retirement...but the wife says NO, because of the cost of real estate and the cost of living. My wife is probably right....but I would like her to be wrong.
Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login