Skip to content

Everyones Draft Weekend Plans

The Browns Board
28 16 1.2k
  • They have rootbeer at Roosters?

  • Going to my cousin's on Thursday night. Friday and Saturday we are throwing a surprise bachelor party for my buddy in Pittsburgh of all places. I will be paying close attention to my phone/the tv wherever we are.

  • I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.

  • They have rootbeer at Roosters?

    @calfoxwc said:

    They have rootbeer at Roosters?

    Yeah Mike, I just called 'em & they DO have rootbeer. Fountain drink, not cans or bottles.

    Mike

  • I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.

    Same here. I haven't touched a personal day this school year and I'm cashing in.
  • I'll watch every minute of the draft.

    Last winter I was co-oping with an auto company and had to get up at 4am the day after rd 1 to get into work early. I got like 2 hours of sleep but it was worth it.

    Since it falls later this year I'll be back in Strongsville for it instead of Ann Arbor. I'll have to see which of my buddies are back home.

    Either way, I'll watch every minute of it going back and forth between ESPN and NFL Network

  • The draft party is pretty cool, a lot of fun. If anybody else is going ,let Canton Mike and I know...

  • The draft starts at 1am, UK time. I'll be in bed, and probably waking up extra early like christmas morning, only to find we've somehow selected Brandon Weeden again.

  • The draft starts at 1am, UK time. I'll be in bed, and probably waking up extra early like christmas morning, only to find we've somehow selected Brandon Weeden again.

    @gftchris said:

    The draft starts at 1am, UK time. I'll be in bed, and probably waking up extra early like christmas morning, only to find we've somehow selected Brandon Weeden again.

    You just won this thread.
  • I will say actually sitting and watching the draft last year was the most boring experience of my life. That was why I was losing my shit over those trades. Not because they weren't good value but because they made me watch the first half of Saturdays draft show without a Browns selection.

  • that's why i didn't mind the old format.

    at least we have 2 first rounders this year so thursday night will be a lot more exciting.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in San Diego too. Lots of Browns fans down here. Well, not really, but not many chargers fans until the playoffs. Until then it's a mixed bag haha

    So, both you and MarkO live there.

    I have thought about that area for retirement...but the wife says NO, because of the cost of real estate and the cost of living. My wife is probably right....but I would like her to be wrong.

    Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.

  • I liked it far better when the draft started on Saturday Morning and finished on Sunday. This is dumbassery to string it out over 3 days.

  • I will be at The Red Ivy in Chicago Thursday and Friday with other transplant Browns fans along with some friends- I generally watch every pick of the draft but Saturday conflicts with the regional ToughMudder race, I will be wearing my old peyton hillis jersey and getting draft updates during the race though.

  • I like the 3 day format and I wouldn't be mad if they split round 4-7 up into two days cause that's a lot of shit to watch in one sitting.

  • Going to be at Buffalo Wild Wings in Ridgeland MS with a few others for the first night. So if ya in the area stop by.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in San Diego too. Lots of Browns fans down here. Well, not really, but not many chargers fans until the playoffs. Until then it's a mixed bag haha

    So, both you and MarkO live there.

    I have thought about that area for retirement...but the wife says NO, because of the cost of real estate and the cost of living. My wife is probably right....but I would like her to be wrong.

    Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.

    I'll be on the couch with the lappie dialed into the Tavern for the duration. The question is which channel I'll be watching.

    I'm pretty well tired of the main ESPN crew, especially after Chuckie was added, but like the guys behind the scene, e.g., Mort and Polian. However, I'm not sure how much I can take of the NFL Network crew.

    I also like the 3-day set up. And once Wingo and company jump in (Day 3 IIRC) my channel dilemma disappears.

    @the-gipper said:

    Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.

    LOL... dream on...
  • There are plenty of Browns Backer's taverns in the Cbus, about 30 miles down the 71, that will be rocking and rolling during the draft. I will be hangin in the chill zone with my 50" LG LED HD tv, however.

    I've put a stop to my drinking and driving. My "leading a charmed life" status came to an end back in 2010 when I caught my first OVI after 40 years of rolling the dice.

  • I'm moving to LA so I'll be down in that area, but draft night first round I'll be in San Diego. Never been there before so if there's any browns backers in that area meeting up for the draft id love to join you.