Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Worst Case/Best Case @4

Worst Case/Best Case @4

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
22 Posts 17 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • CLEinCHI CLEinCHIC
    • 201 Posts
    • 15 Reputation
    CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am interested to hear what everyone's realistic best/worst case scenarios for the picks previous to #4 are.

    Below are mine:

    Best Case

    #1 Houston (or trade): Johnny Manzel

    #2 St Louis (or trade): Greg Robinson

    #3 Jacksonville (or trade): Blake Bortles

    Worst Case

    #1 Houston (or trade): Jadeveon Clowney

    #2 St Louis (or trade): Sammy Watkins

    #3 Jacksonville (or trade): Khalil Mack

    Go Browns

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 4k Posts
      • 959 Reputation
      darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I would love either Houston or Jags to take a QB that means we have 1 of Mack, Clowney or Watkins for sure......if we did have your best case scenario knowing The Browns we would take Carr at 4 🙂

      CLEinCHIC 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • darren15D darren15

        I would love either Houston or Jags to take a QB that means we have 1 of Mack, Clowney or Watkins for sure......if we did have your best case scenario knowing The Browns we would take Carr at 4 🙂

        CLEinCHI CLEinCHIC
        • 201 Posts
        • 15 Reputation
        CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @darren15 said:

        I would love either Houston or Jags to take a QB that means we have 1 of Mack, Clowney or Watkins for sure......if we did have your best case scenario knowing The Browns we would take Carr at 4 🙂

        Ha Ha you might be right there, or we could trade down to Atlanta - Personally if we can somehow end up with Clowney I will be doing cartwheels.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Houston selects Lyle Lovett

          St. Louis selects Charles Lindhberg

          Jacksonville selects Lynyrd Skynyrd

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • miktoxic miktoxicM
            • 13k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
            #5

            well a couple of mocks from other sites i looked at this morning had manziel to houston, watkins to st. louis, and mack to jacksonville, so................

            i personally see houston taking clowney. isn't he the 'consensus' (hate that word now) no-brainer pick?

            Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tiott T
              • 200 Posts
              • 5 Reputation
              T Tiott wrote on last edited by Tiott
              #6

              Best case :

              #1 Clowney

              #2 Robinson

              #3 Manziel

              Worst case :

              #1 Clowney

              #2 Watkins

              #3 Mack

              Clowney is the best case for us but there is no way he is available at #4.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                ComeonmanC B 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                  If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                  Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 359 Reputation
                  ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @harry-buffalo said:

                  If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                  oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him
                  G 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ComeonmanC Comeonman

                    @harry-buffalo said:

                    If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                    oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him
                    GuNNerGatSKi G Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 331 Posts
                    • 86 Reputation
                    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @comeonman said:

                    oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him

                    I think clowney would be much better suited to 4-3 DE than a 3-4 DE. Regardless he is a supreme being of talent. I'm glad I'm not making these decisions for the browns because I am so torn between a variety of approaches we could take to this draft....

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • miktoxicM miktoxic

                      well a couple of mocks from other sites i looked at this morning had manziel to houston, watkins to st. louis, and mack to jacksonville, so................

                      i personally see houston taking clowney. isn't he the 'consensus' (hate that word now) no-brainer pick?

                      Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                      #10

                      ^ Agree... better 4-3 DE fit.

                      @miktoxic said:

                      i personally see houston taking clowney. isn't he the 'consensus' (hate that word now) no-brainer pick?

                      Yes... if (insert team here) has gotten past Clowney's motivation questions, then they will take him at the first opportunity.

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                        If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                        Bummie B
                        • 164 Posts
                        • 10 Reputation
                        B Bummie wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @harry-buffalo said:

                        If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

                        I don't see it possible for him to be there at 4, but going along with the scenario...him there at 4 is my best case. He's a guy someone would give up their 2014 first and second rounder, and 2015 first rounder for, at a minimum. If we made a trade like that I would spend all season rooting against our trade partner, hoping to get a top 4 pick again next year.

                        I agree that the Clowney, Mack, Watkins scenario is the worst.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 8k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Best case- Bortles

                          Worst case- anyone else

                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                          miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                            Best case- Bortles

                            Worst case- anyone else

                            miktoxic miktoxicM
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                            #13

                            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                            Best case- Bortles

                            Worst case- anyone else

                            HA!

                            don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

                            bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

                            Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • miktoxicM miktoxic

                              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                              Best case- Bortles

                              Worst case- anyone else

                              HA!

                              don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

                              bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

                              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @miktoxic said:

                              HA!

                              don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

                              bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

                              I'm doing this in response to POG.

                              Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

                              I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                              jcam222J 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Suomi SuomiS
                                • 466 Posts
                                • 88 Reputation
                                SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                                Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • SuomiS Suomi

                                  I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                                  Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

                                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 8k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @suomi said:

                                  I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                                  Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

                                  Watkins has been a consensus #1 WR since last season.

                                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Hunt Daddy H
                                    • 594 Posts
                                    • 72 Reputation
                                    H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Best case. Whoever we draft is a hall of famer and wins us Super Bowls.

                                    Worst case. Something similar to a Browns draft from '99 to '06.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • PlaygroundLegend PlaygroundLegendP
                                      • 927 Posts
                                      • 4 Reputation
                                      PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Best Case:

                                      Houston: Clowney

                                      St. Louis: Matthews

                                      Jaguars: Bortles

                                      Browns: Manziel

                                      Worst Case:

                                      Houston: Manziel

                                      St. Louis: Watkins

                                      Jaguars: Clowney

                                      Browns: Mack or any OG/OT

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                        • 33k Posts
                                        • 3k Reputation
                                        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Worst Case Scenario: We take Manziel

                                        Best Case Scenario: Clowney/Mack/Watkins/(Evans maybe)/Robinson

                                        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                          @miktoxic said:

                                          HA!

                                          don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

                                          bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

                                          I'm doing this in response to POG.

                                          Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

                                          I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                                          jcam222 jcam222J Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 873 Reputation
                                          jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                          I'm doing this in response to POG.

                                          Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

                                          I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

                                          You have to love the draft I have going on here for the Browns now then. I grabbed Bortles for us at 26 and gave him Robinson x2 to help out. That being Greg and Allen

                                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate