Skip to content

Worst Case/Best Case @4

The Browns Board
22 17 1.0k
  • If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

  • If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

    oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him
  • @harry-buffalo said:

    If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

    oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him

    @comeonman said:

    oh man, that would be highly unlikely but very interesting. Do you take Clowney with his immense talent, or take an awesome trade offer......hard to pass on him

    I think clowney would be much better suited to 4-3 DE than a 3-4 DE. Regardless he is a supreme being of talent. I'm glad I'm not making these decisions for the browns because I am so torn between a variety of approaches we could take to this draft....

  • well a couple of mocks from other sites i looked at this morning had manziel to houston, watkins to st. louis, and mack to jacksonville, so................

    i personally see houston taking clowney. isn't he the 'consensus' (hate that word now) no-brainer pick?

    ^ Agree... better 4-3 DE fit.

    @miktoxic said:

    i personally see houston taking clowney. isn't he the 'consensus' (hate that word now) no-brainer pick?

    Yes... if (insert team here) has gotten past Clowney's motivation questions, then they will take him at the first opportunity.

  • If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    If we could somehow have Clowney at our pick so we could trade back Id be happy.

    I don't see it possible for him to be there at 4, but going along with the scenario...him there at 4 is my best case. He's a guy someone would give up their 2014 first and second rounder, and 2015 first rounder for, at a minimum. If we made a trade like that I would spend all season rooting against our trade partner, hoping to get a top 4 pick again next year.

    I agree that the Clowney, Mack, Watkins scenario is the worst.

  • Best case- Bortles

    Worst case- anyone else

  • Best case- Bortles

    Worst case- anyone else

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Best case- Bortles

    Worst case- anyone else

    HA!

    don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

    bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Best case- Bortles

    Worst case- anyone else

    HA!

    don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

    bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

    @miktoxic said:

    HA!

    don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

    bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

    I'm doing this in response to POG.

    Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

    I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

  • I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

  • I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

    @suomi said:

    I hitched my wagon to Watkins a long time ago, well before he torched OSU in their bowl game, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    Although I've got a sneaking suspicion that Farmer will call out...........Carr at #4. Either at #4, or at whatever spot Farmer trades back to in the 1st.

    Watkins has been a consensus #1 WR since last season.

  • Best case. Whoever we draft is a hall of famer and wins us Super Bowls.

    Worst case. Something similar to a Browns draft from '99 to '06.

  • Best Case:

    Houston: Clowney

    St. Louis: Matthews

    Jaguars: Bortles

    Browns: Manziel

    Worst Case:

    Houston: Manziel

    St. Louis: Watkins

    Jaguars: Clowney

    Browns: Mack or any OG/OT

  • Worst Case Scenario: We take Manziel

    Best Case Scenario: Clowney/Mack/Watkins/(Evans maybe)/Robinson

  • @miktoxic said:

    HA!

    don't ever bust PoG's balls again.

    bortles and manziel are the key players in this draft meaning where they go will dictate a lot of everything else that unfolds. we all know mack and clowney will go top 4 or 5. what we don't know is where the 2 best QBs will go.

    I'm doing this in response to POG.

    Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

    I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm doing this in response to POG.

    Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

    I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    You have to love the draft I have going on here for the Browns now then. I grabbed Bortles for us at 26 and gave him Robinson x2 to help out. That being Greg and Allen

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm doing this in response to POG.

    Too often are there people on here who hitch their wagons to sinking ships, or however the saying goes. I'm doing that but in reverse.

    I hitched my wagon to Bortles a long time ago, well before he was even mentioned in talks about this draft class, and damn it I'm sticking with it.

    You have to love the draft I have going on here for the Browns now then. I grabbed Bortles for us at 26 and gave him Robinson x2 to help out. That being Greg and Allen

    @jcam222 said:

    You have to love the draft I have going on here for the Browns now then. I grabbed Bortles for us at 26 and gave him Robinson x2 to help out. That being Greg and Allen

    That would be nice, but there's no way Bortles makes it to #26. He'll be the first QB off the board, I'm sure, and there's no way a QB doesn't go in the top 15. The league is too quarterback driven for one not to be taken early. Look at EJ Manuel last year.

  • Worst Case - We draft Manziel

    Best Case - Bortles

    Hopefully, it's 1 - Clowney, 2 - Watkins, 3 - Mack, 4 - Bortles... that way people can't b**ch about passing on any of the 3 "studs," but instead just accept the fact that we need a QB head-and-shoulders above anything else, so with 4 more picks in the top 100, why not risk it??