Skip to content

Celebrity Draft

The Browns Board
75 20 2.1k
  • Elliot Ness - can't touch the Untouchable.

  • Now I've lived out of the Cleveland area for awhile now so my opinion may be moot but wouldn't Drew Carey (sp) qualify for this list? I enjoyed both of his shows back in the day (I was an impressional (sp) tween/teenager at the time) and he launched quite a few careers as well. Plus he's the host of the Price is Right which is a pretty ballin gig. Hundreds of people excited out of their mind to be on stage with you (granted their winning stuff) and gorgeous girls walking around back stage who may be dumb enough to think they can further their careers by tickling your pickle. Plus we all know the Price is Right is a bone fide cure for all ills. I'd take that job for sure.

    However, I've never heard of this Reznor fella, but I've never been into the hardcore death metal so y'all will have to forgive me.

    @taco918 said:

    Now I've lived out of the Cleveland area for awhile now so my opinion may be moot but wouldn't Drew Carey (sp) qualify for this list? I enjoyed both of his shows back in the day (I was an impressional (sp) tween/teenager at the time) and he launched quite a few careers as well. Plus he's the host of the Price is Right which is a pretty ballin gig. Hundreds of people excited out of their mind to be on stage with you (granted their winning stuff) and gorgeous girls walking around back stage who may be dumb enough to think they can further their careers by tickling your pickle. Plus we all know the Price is Right is a bone fide cure for all ills. I'd take that job for sure.

    However, I've never heard of this Reznor fella, but I've never been into the hardcore death metal so y'all will have to forgive me.

    Ya, Drew Carey is slid second round or early third round pick.

    Z

    --ahead of Reznor on my draft board

  • This is all great guys.....but San Diego is on the board

    The San Diego Chargers select:

    Cameron Diaz

    Cameron+Diaz.jpg

  • Now Cleveland in on the clock. First Celeb taken gets it.

  • Now Cleveland in on the clock. First Celeb taken gets it.

    @the-gipper said:

    Now Cleveland in on the clock. First Celeb taken gets it.

    halle-berry-11.jpg

    Z

  • New Orleans is on the clock

    And with that pick New Orleans makes the only selection that by rights it should make:

    Louis Armstrong "Satchmo"

  • Charlotte (Carolina) is on the clock.

  • Carolina chooses Pro Wrestler Ric Flair

  • Carolina chooses Pro Wrestler Ric Flair

    @stillmotion said:

    Carolina chooses Pro Wrestler Ric Flair

    Another fake wrestler? Jesus, really? (speaking of Jesus....Billy Graham from Charlotte would have been an option)

    So be it. Ric Flair.

    Boston/New England is on the clock

  • New England -- Seth McFarlane

  • Boston/New England selects: Samuel Adams.......patriot, signer of declaration of Independence. Beer dude.

    San Francisco is on the clock.

  • Selects Tony Bennett

  • Selects Tony Bennett

    @momszer said:

    Selects Tony Bennett

    I'll go with it, though I don't know if he is actually from San Fran.

  • Cleveland 7th round pick kielbasa and sauerkraut lol

  • With the 31st pick in the first round of the 2014 Celebrity Draft, the Denver Broncos select:

    Henry J. Deutschendorf Jr.

    The Seattle Seahawks are on the board for the final pick in the first round.

  • Cleveland 7th round pick kielbasa and sauerkraut lol

    @browns616 said:

    Cleveland 7th round pick kielbasa and sauerkraut lol

    It's between them or The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Maybe we've got a shot at getting the WWE guys UDFA.

    iwp6tRa.jpg

  • Seattle take Jim Hendrix!

  • The very fine choice of Jimi Hendrix finishes round 1. I will do Round 2 myself, and here it is:

    33. Houston selects: Beyonce Knowles

    34. Washington DC selects: Bill Nye, the Science Guy

    35. Cleveland selects: John D. Rockefeller

    36. Oakland selects: Tom Hanks (born and raised there)

    37. Atlanta selects: DeForrest Kelley (Dr. McCoy/Bones)

    38. Tampa Bay selects: Ray Charles

    39. Jacksonville selects: Alfred DuPont

    40. Minnesota selects: The Coen Brothers

    41. Buffalo selects: the tag team of Millard Fillmore and Grover Cleveland.

    42. Tennessee selects: Davy Crockett

    43. NY Giants select: Humphrey Bogart

    44. St. Louis selects: Chuck Berry

    45. Detroit selects: Joe Louis

    46. Pittsburgh selects: Christina Aguilera

    47. Dallas selects: Jensen Ackles (Supernatural)

    48. Baltimore selects: Tom Clancy

    49. NY Jets select: Groucho Marx

    50. Miami selects: Gloria Estafan

    51. Chicago selects: Al Capone

    52. Arizona selects: Alice Cooper

    53. Green Bay selects: Harry Houdini (from nearby Appleton)

    54. Philadelphia selects: Benjamin Franklin (it is, after all, all about him, no?)

    55. Cincinnati selects: Jerry Springer

    56. San Francisco selects: Bruce Lee

    57. San Diego selects: Robert Duval

    58. New Orleans selects: Al Hirt

    59. Indianapolis selects: David Letterman

    60. Charlotte/Carolina selects: Billy Graham

    61. San Francisco selects: Clint Eastwood (are you gonna argue about this one?)

    62. New England selects: Leonard Nimoy

    63. Denver selects: Molly Brown (the unsinkable)

    64. Seattle selects that guy that is worth more than all other combined (excluding Rockefeller): Bill Gates.

  • For round 3 and beyond feel free to select any city/celebrity in any random order.

    And to save us all some time, here is the list of Clevelanders:

    Jim Backus ...Mr. Magoo/Gilligan's Island

    Drew Carey

    Eric Carmen

    Tracy Chapman

    Marc Cohn

    Wes Craven

    Dorothy Dandridge

    Ruby Dee

    Phil Donahue

    Joe Eszterhas

    Alan Freed

    James Garfield

    Joel Grey

    Arsenio Hall

    Margaret Hamilton

    John Heisman

    Bob Hope

    Carol Kane (have fun storming the castle)

    Don King

    Gerald Levert

    Henry Mancini

    Burgess Meredith

    Paul Newman

    Jesse Owens

    Harvey Pekar

    Alan Ruck

    Molly Shannon

    Shuster & Siegel (Superman)

    Michael Stanley

    George Steinbrenner

    Joe Walsh

    Fred Willard

    Debra Winger.