Skip to content

Mathews at 4?

The Browns Board
11 10 429
  • I'm fine with that as well.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Sorry man, I don't believe in the whole legacy thing.

    No WAY Jimmy Haslam is going to allow a RT to go 4, they are going to make a splash. (Watkins, Mack, or Manziel)

    Manziel shit yet again??? So you are talking splash as in the way it splashes when a turd hits the toilet then I guess.

  • I think taking Mathews would be brilliant. He could

    take over at LT if Joe Thomas gets dinged and has to

    sit out couple games.

    Otherwise, without a guy to really play LT, the Browns

    would be screwed over.

    I don't know the guys on the depth chart as backups.

    My guess is, that Bitonio later would do the same thing for the Browns maybe.

  • Bitonio would be a great grab, and if we could get him with 3a that would be clutch money. He'd do well in a zone blocking scheme.

  • Please no. We need playmakers with the 4th overall pick. Watkins, Clowney, Mack, or a QB. We'll get a meat shield in the 2nd or 3rd.

  • I think he is going to be a really good player but not for us at #4

  • yeah we need a guard and there is still good value in the 3rd and 4th round when it comes to that position.

  • If Watkins and Mack are gone by 4 I would be down for Mathews if we can't find a trade partner ... Which I don't think we would be able to. I'm not sure what a team would want to trade up for with Clowney Watkins Mack off the board.

    Those 3 gone I'm fine with Mathews or whichever QB they like.

  • I think we are going to get a lot more value from other positions at #4 than if we were to go OT. Clowney will be gone, that's a given. If not by #1, then the Rams will take him, or trade out to someone who wants him. Now lets assume Watkins and Mack are also gone and our FO doesn't want to go QB. I think at that point if we cannot trade back, then we would still get better value drafting Evans or even Gilbert at #4. We just don't need another OT this high. Adding another RT isn't going to be the turning point to win us more games, but one of those two could. And I don't even want Gilbert at #4, I think that is too high for him as a prospect, but I would gladly take him over both Robertson or Matthews.

  • Clowney, Mack and Watkins all gone at 4 is the nitemare scenario...

    I have to believe that at least one team with a top ten pick would offer fair value to land either Jake or Robinson as their franchise LT. As tempting as it might be to have bookend, All-Pro OTs, that would be a luxury. I take the deal...