Guard or inside linebacker
-
Yeah, thats the guy. I was really impressed with him. Scouts probably knock his speed, but Carolina is a d@^% fast program and he did great! This draft is absolutely make or break! I'm so sick of this team not even getting a chance because of p*ss poor draft decisions. The good news is....the browns have great options (in my opinion) in areas of absolute need. Being in SC (and being an OSU/Clemson fan) I've been watching Watkins play for 3 years. That dude is Deion Sanders at WR! But if you take a QB, (which would be my choice JohnnyM). There's something like 7 other WR's that are sick!. I'm hopefully, this season there are 3 games close enough to make. (ATL, Charlotte, Nashville.)
-
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
-
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
-
On second thought, give Pettine a solid ILB to play with a pick up a guard later. Who's the guy that tore his ACL, Brandon Thomas? I'd also get him as an UDFA.
i think someone will actually draft the kid thomas, torn ACL or not.
remember pettine and farmer are both D players and coach/scout so if there's a question of which way i think they lean on a pick if things are all square id think they'll go D. but i also believe they have to have answered those holes for there to be a question like that. i'm pretty sure they have their game plan which will probably surprise some and not so much others.
i think at this point we as fans are more worried about this shit than they are.
i think someone will actually draft the kid thomas, torn ACL or not.
Agree... I would tab Brandon as high as with one of our 6th round picks even if we land Xavier.
Yeah, (Borland's) the guy. I was really impressed with him. Scouts probably knock his speed, but Carolina is a d@^% fast program and he did great!
They knock his speed and size, but you have to love his motor. He's just the kind of spark plug that can ignite a D...
-
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I'm with ya here. Acquiring a second 2nd rounder, without trading down in the first, could very well be the difference between a good and great draft. Could be done by giving up both 3rds (then moving both 4ths to get back into the 3rd) or by a combination of our 3a, 4a, and something like 6 or 7. I personally prefer the latter, and all the better if it means we can grab a QB to groom, and a WR, CB, ILB, and OG with day one starting potential by 3b.
-
I agree. I think he could end up being one of the bigger steals of the draft if he recovers to form for 2015.
Weren't we saying this about Chris Faulk a year ago? He was a first round prospect entering his final year, tore his leg (not sure which part) and then went undrafted. We picked him up, red-shirted him and now he's ready to go.
-
very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?
-
very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?
very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?
if mack is there at 4 (which i doubt) then the only reason we WOULDN"T pick him is the FO is going to draft a QB then.
simple as that.
-
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I agree on both counts. I think going after him later than #35 is iffy. I would also like to see another 2nd rounder, but don't want to part with any of our 3rd & 4th rounders. Possibly trade a current DL or OLB (I really believe we MAY get Mack at 4) plus maybe a late pick for another #2?? Who knows? Certainly not me.
Once again......."We'll see".
Mike
-
I watched the Wisconsin vs. USC bowl game this last year. That MLB from Wisconsin is LEGIT! He should be there late in the second round. First 2 picks HAVE to be offense... Defense wasnt horrible last season. Offense, particularly QB was horrible!!
I watched the Wisconsin vs. USC bowl game this last year. That MLB from Wisconsin is LEGIT! He should be there late in the second round. First 2 picks HAVE to be offense... Defense wasnt horrible last season. Offense, particularly QB was horrible!!
Were we watching the same Team the last 7 games (more really) of the Season ?
-
Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?
QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?
Give me your thoughs
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.
Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.
Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).
Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.
Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB

-
very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?
if mack is there at 4 (which i doubt) then the only reason we WOULDN"T pick him is the FO is going to draft a QB then.
simple as that.
-
I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.
And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.
Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.
My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.
I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.
I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.
Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.
Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).
Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.
Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB

I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.
Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.
Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).
Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.
Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB

who did ever talk about making Clowney an ILB? please tell me not someone here? If we draft Mack at 4 that's who we're going to groom to play inside with Dansby even though there will be a lot of downs where we line him up at OLB to take advantage of his pass rush. Mack may not be an every down OLB in the NFL. To do that he'd have to put on more weight to be able to hold up the run...which is something I'm not sure we'd want him to do. We have good run stoppers on the edge with Kruger and Sheard who will funnel the run game into Dansby and Mack....I like that scenario. Than on passing downs we can get creative with Mack. I really think this is who we should take if the kid is smart and has the potential to be a field general.
-
I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.
Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.
Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).
Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.
Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB

who did ever talk about making Clowney an ILB? please tell me not someone here? If we draft Mack at 4 that's who we're going to groom to play inside with Dansby even though there will be a lot of downs where we line him up at OLB to take advantage of his pass rush. Mack may not be an every down OLB in the NFL. To do that he'd have to put on more weight to be able to hold up the run...which is something I'm not sure we'd want him to do. We have good run stoppers on the edge with Kruger and Sheard who will funnel the run game into Dansby and Mack....I like that scenario. Than on passing downs we can get creative with Mack. I really think this is who we should take if the kid is smart and has the potential to be a field general.
who did ever talk about making Clowney an ILB? please tell me not someone here? If we draft Mack at 4 that's who we're going to groom to play inside with Dansby even though there will be a lot of downs where we line him up at OLB to take advantage of his pass rush. Mack may not be an every down OLB in the NFL. To do that he'd have to put on more weight to be able to hold up the run...which is something I'm not sure we'd want him to do. We have good run stoppers on the edge with Kruger and Sheard who will funnel the run game into Dansby and Mack....I like that scenario. Than on passing downs we can get creative with Mack. I really think this is who we should take if the kid is smart and has the potential to be a field general.
I think I've actually seen this in a lot of places, even some Mock Drafts from the Media pundits threw it in the comments.
This of course, is all justification for the Browns taking him, which I don't think is going to happen.
-
I'll have to read on Faulk. I was never big into the draft or following the ins and outs of team activity until this year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. You heard any news on him?
I'll have to read on Faulk. I was never big into the draft or following the ins and outs of team activity until this year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. You heard any news on him?
Fully recovered cleared to go. 6'6" 330 pounder that's a bit heavy footed. Supposed to be getting snaps at RG but can fill in at RT in a pinch. Either he or fragel should push for a job.
-
very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?
if mack is there at 4 (which i doubt) then the only reason we WOULDN"T pick him is the FO is going to draft a QB then.
simple as that.
-
I'm not sold that we'll actually be picking 4th.
Saw a comment referencing Pettine that he said his phone has been ringing off the hook in regards to trades/players.
This Draft is sounding like there's potential for a lot of movement all over the place.
Counter to this :
Mayock: "I'm not sure you want to go up and get anybody in this draft. Can't give up picks."
-
who did ever talk about making Clowney an ILB? please tell me not someone here? If we draft Mack at 4 that's who we're going to groom to play inside with Dansby even though there will be a lot of downs where we line him up at OLB to take advantage of his pass rush. Mack may not be an every down OLB in the NFL. To do that he'd have to put on more weight to be able to hold up the run...which is something I'm not sure we'd want him to do. We have good run stoppers on the edge with Kruger and Sheard who will funnel the run game into Dansby and Mack....I like that scenario. Than on passing downs we can get creative with Mack. I really think this is who we should take if the kid is smart and has the potential to be a field general.
I think I've actually seen this in a lot of places, even some Mock Drafts from the Media pundits threw it in the comments.
This of course, is all justification for the Browns taking him, which I don't think is going to happen.
I think I've actually seen this in a lot of places, even some Mock Drafts from the Media pundits threw it in the comments.
This of course, is all justification for the Browns taking him, which I don't think is going to happen.
no dude, OLB...not ILB. No one in their right mind would try to make him an ILB...he wouldn't do it anyway. They've talked about him moving to OLB spot. Use him like we use Sheard and Kruger. Which I think at least is where he'd shine. That's why I'm not gonna be pissed if we somehow end up with him...I think he'd displace either Sheard or Kruger in a year.
-
I think I've actually seen this in a lot of places, even some Mock Drafts from the Media pundits threw it in the comments.
This of course, is all justification for the Browns taking him, which I don't think is going to happen.
no dude, OLB...not ILB. No one in their right mind would try to make him an ILB...he wouldn't do it anyway. They've talked about him moving to OLB spot. Use him like we use Sheard and Kruger. Which I think at least is where he'd shine. That's why I'm not gonna be pissed if we somehow end up with him...I think he'd displace either Sheard or Kruger in a year.
no dude, OLB...not ILB. No one in their right mind would try to make him an ILB...he wouldn't do it anyway. They've talked about him moving to OLB spot. Use him like we use Sheard and Kruger. Which I think at least is where he'd shine. That's why I'm not gonna be pissed if we somehow end up with him...I think he'd displace either Sheard or Kruger in a year.
There are so many freakin' Mocks out there, I just don't want to dig through them all.
Pretty sure I read something about how Pettine would use him (not strictly ILB, but sometimes playing that position) - moving him around, pretty much what they'd do with Khalil Mack.
Who would of ever though we'd have too many Pass Rushing OLB's

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login