Skip to content

One more week until Draft Day -THANK GOD

The Browns Board
57 24 1.9k
  • Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Coney dogs are a damn good idea!! I just bought 8 packs of my favorite Hebrew National Jumbos. BTW, do you have a kickass coney sauce recipe that can be shared. While there are many out there, any I've found are either too ketchuppy sweet or sort of "muddy" tasting.

    Mike

    now that's something i'd be interested in too.

    there used to be an old dive bar up here that sold pickled eggs and hot pickled sauges, the little fire hots. man talk about montezuma's revenge the next day.

    maybe i'll get a box of tabasco slim jims, ice cold beers and a bottle of stoli to stick in the freezer. wake up with the shits and zits.

    yeah baby!

  • Don't forget the the best bbq chips on earth, Snyders of Berlin BAR-B-Q chips. I get 42 small bags of those babies at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks & keep 'em in a "never empty" plastic tote in the Man Cave. In fact, this year I plan to make the big tailgate & I just may bring a couple cases of those chips. The small bags have a LOT more "stuff" on 'em than the large sized bags. Slim Jims sound good too & that reminds me that I need to make some beef jerky soon.

    Mike

  • Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

  • i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

  • Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Coney Island Sauce
    Ingredients:
    1 lb ground chuck
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.
    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    THANK YOU!! This sounds like a really good sauce & this old man will definitely be trying this "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce" Friday & Saturday during the draft although I bet I'll try it THIS weekend.

    Mike

  • i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

    @miktoxic said:

    i like the sabretts natural casing better than hebrew national. they got that snap when you bite into 'em.

    like coney dogs, but miss the chicago style with the sport peppers on top. now that's hot.

    I got introduced to, & fell in love with the Chicago style dogs at Gold Coast Dogs in Chicago many years ago & they are still the ultimate hot dog in my book. I'll have to try the Sabretts and/or Vienna Beef natural casing dogs this year at our tailgates, which are simple.....Hebrew National Hot dogs, Johnsonville Stadium Brats, Bertman's Ballpark mustard, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips & a selection of craft beers.

    Mike

  • Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    JF- hit by bus outside Radio City Music Hall- draft stock plummets.

    @canton-mike said:

    Don't forget the the best bbq chips on earth, Snyders of Berlin BAR-B-Q chips. I get 42 small bags of those babies at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks & keep 'em in a "never empty" plastic tote in the Man Cave. In fact, this year I plan to make the big tailgate & I just may bring a couple cases of those chips. The small bags have a LOT more "stuff" on 'em than the large sized bags. Slim Jims sound good too & that reminds me that I need to make some beef jerky soon.

    Mike

    It's about time you and Cal decided to show up. If I didn't have to work most of the day Thursday, I'd join you at the Draft Day Party.

  • oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

  • oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    oh come on guys you know you love it. We've still got time for 2 or 3 more threads about which quarterback you would take...

    and 2 or 3 more threads reminding you that you are homosexual for picking whoever you pick.

    😁

    WSS

    but the extra two weeks though

  • Skyline

  • Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soon JF be wearing Cleveland Uniform and all will be good.

    Thinking that Mr. Football will want his famous No. 2 when he comes in. Just imagine all you ol Couch fans can just change the name on the back and your old jersey is good to go. Like the pick, but Hoyer is going to be "the" guy for starting...

  • To Do List

    Order wings

    Stock up on beer ( Breckenridge Vanilla Porter @ Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale )

    Decide whether it is ESPN or NFL Network I watch it on

    Finalize my mock draft 1st round at NFL.com

    Take phone off hook from 7.59pm Thursday

    Prepare the cuss words for this message board when we do a typical Brown's draft 🙂

  • I'd love to watch the draft on NFL network for a change. Unfortunately I can't use my dads Direct TV info to sign into the NFL Network programing on their website. Direct TV doesn't support it. Honestly I feel like if you have NFL Ticket, which my dad does, you should also get NFL draft coverage.

    P.S. Am I being stupid, is NFL Network draft coverage free on nfl.com like the combine coverage is?

  • Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Coney Island Sauce
    Ingredients:
    1 lb ground chuck
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.
    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    Nuckin Futz,

    Ok, I made this last night & had it on 2 brats & 2 Hebrew National dogs...BEST coney sauce I've ever had. This immediately became the ONLY coney sauce in my recipe book & I named it "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce". Only change I made was a mistake, but it was so good, I'm keeping the mistake. I added 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper rather than the 1/4 tsp pepper called for originally.

    Thanks for a great recipe.

    Mike

  • I'm debating on whether or not to get a Chicago Deep dish from Kokomo's new pizza place. Got it a few weeks ago and it lasted me a whole weekend and was so god damn good. Only issue is it cost a shit ton.

  • @nuckin-futz said:

    Coney Island Sauce
    Ingredients:
    1 lb ground chuck
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.
    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    Nuckin Futz,

    Ok, I made this last night & had it on 2 brats & 2 Hebrew National dogs...BEST coney sauce I've ever had. This immediately became the ONLY coney sauce in my recipe book & I named it "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce". Only change I made was a mistake, but it was so good, I'm keeping the mistake. I added 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper rather than the 1/4 tsp pepper called for originally.

    Thanks for a great recipe.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Nuckin Futz,

    Ok, I made this last night & had it on 2 brats & 2 Hebrew National dogs...BEST coney sauce I've ever had. This immediately became the ONLY coney sauce in my recipe book & I named it "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce". Only change I made was a mistake, but it was so good, I'm keeping the mistake. I added 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper rather than the 1/4 tsp pepper called for originally.

    Thanks for a great recipe.

    Mike

    Will try this with Nathans Hot Dogs which I like best. Wish they still had Lion Brand.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Nuckin Futz,

    Ok, I made this last night & had it on 2 brats & 2 Hebrew National dogs...BEST coney sauce I've ever had. This immediately became the ONLY coney sauce in my recipe book & I named it "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce". Only change I made was a mistake, but it was so good, I'm keeping the mistake. I added 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper rather than the 1/4 tsp pepper called for originally.

    Thanks for a great recipe.

    Mike

    Will try this with Nathans Hot Dogs which I like best. Wish they still had Lion Brand.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Will try this with Nathans Hot Dogs which I like best. Wish they still had Lion Brand.

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Will try this with Nathans Hot Dogs which I like best. Wish they still had Lion Brand.

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

    Thanks! Have to give them a try. I sent an email to the company that makes Five Star Beef to find out if it is true or not. Let you know when the respond.

  • What are the odds you'll leave this site again?

  • Coney Island Sauce


    Ingredients:


    1 lb ground chuck

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 garlic cloves, minced

    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

    1 cup water

    1 tablespoon sugar

    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

    2 teaspoons chili powder

    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

    1 teaspoon salt

    1/2 teaspoon celery seed

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)

    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


    Directions:


    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.

    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.

    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.


    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Coney Island Sauce
    Ingredients:
    1 lb ground chuck
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Directions:
    1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done.
    2. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
    3. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
    Don't forget the Hebrew Nationals! Best fuckin dogs on the planet.

    @canton-mike said:

    Nuckin Futz,

    Ok, I made this last night & had it on 2 brats & 2 Hebrew National dogs...BEST coney sauce I've ever had. This immediately became the ONLY coney sauce in my recipe book & I named it "Nuckin Futz Dawg Sauce". Only change I made was a mistake, but it was so good, I'm keeping the mistake. I added 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper rather than the 1/4 tsp pepper called for originally.

    Thanks for a great recipe.

    Mike

    Thanks Mike. I'm honored!

    rdj_thanks.gif