Skip to content

One more week until Draft Day -THANK GOD

The Browns Board
57 24 1.9k
  • Cal have you gone liberal on us??? Talking about a clean weiner and a BJ?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Cal have you gone liberal on us??? Talking about a clean weiner and a BJ?

    WSS

    I'm shocked cal. Literally shocked.

  • Bring back the helmet phone for draft day.

    6cd7a650-d3cf-11e3-9d55-090ad8d17024_var

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Will try this with Nathans Hot Dogs which I like best. Wish they still had Lion Brand.

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

    Found out it is not the same. Here is email (name changed to protect the innocent).

    From: Robert GUTWEIN <[email protected]>

    To: Diehardbrownsfan

    Sent: Monday, May 5, 2014

    Subject: Re: Five Star Brand Natural Casing Beef Wiener

    Diehardbrownsfan, we did not purchase the Lion brand recipe. We use our own recipe for our wieners. Best regards, Bob Gutwein

    Sent from my iPhone

    I remember as a kid eating Lion Brand Hot Dogs in Cleveland Municipal Stadium with Stadium Mustard. Best Hot Dog ever. I have heard that you purchased the recipe from Lion Brand when they went out of business and use it as your Five Star Brand Hotdogs. Is this true?
    Thanks
    Diehardbrownsfan
  • @canton-mike said:

    Hey, lookie what I found:

    8ce523cb4fdcaff.jpg
    Anonymous Answer:

    If you are in Cleveland, Lion Brand hot dogs are now Five Star Beef weiners. I first tasted them 25 years ago at a bar on Kinsman Rd. ( and fell in love with them. ) I asked the bartender where did they get these " dogs " from, He told me they were " Lion Brand " dogs. I began purchasing them from " Stockyard Meats, But " Lion brand " went out of business. Five Star purchased their recipe, and began selling them under their name. If you are in Cleveland, you can find " Five Star Beef " wieners at Daves super markets and Sams Club.

    Mike

    Found out it is not the same. Here is email (name changed to protect the innocent).

    From: Robert GUTWEIN <[email protected]>

    To: Diehardbrownsfan

    Sent: Monday, May 5, 2014

    Subject: Re: Five Star Brand Natural Casing Beef Wiener

    Diehardbrownsfan, we did not purchase the Lion brand recipe. We use our own recipe for our wieners. Best regards, Bob Gutwein

    Sent from my iPhone

    I remember as a kid eating Lion Brand Hot Dogs in Cleveland Municipal Stadium with Stadium Mustard. Best Hot Dog ever. I have heard that you purchased the recipe from Lion Brand when they went out of business and use it as your Five Star Brand Hotdogs. Is this true?
    Thanks
    Diehardbrownsfan

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Found out it is not the same. Here is email (name changed to protect the innocent).

    From: Robert GUTWEIN <[email protected]>

    To: Diehardbrownsfan

    Sent: Monday, May 5, 2014

    Subject: Re: Five Star Brand Natural Casing Beef Wiener

    Diehardbrownsfan, we did not purchase the Lion brand recipe. We use our own recipe for our wieners. Best regards, Bob Gutwein

    Sent from my iPhone

    I remember as a kid eating Lion Brand Hot Dogs in Cleveland Municipal Stadium with Stadium Mustard. Best Hot Dog ever. I have heard that you purchased the recipe from Lion Brand when they went out of business and use it as your Five Star Brand Hotdogs. Is this true?
    Thanks
    Diehardbrownsfan

    That's why I copied & pasted that "answer". I do as you did...contact the "source", or Snopes, etc to see if the answer is valid. The internet is loaded with BS.

    Mike

  • Cal have you gone liberal on us??? Talking about a clean weiner and a BJ?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Cal have you gone liberal on us??? Talking about a clean weiner and a BJ?

    WSS

    Too bad my 6 year old Grandson is going to the Draft Party with Cal, another friend & I or we could delve deeper into this "coming out of the liberal closet" thing!

    Steve, You may have put up the post of the year!!! LMAO!!

    Mike

  • Cal have you gone liberal on us??? Talking about a clean weiner and a BJ?

    WSS

    *********************************

    Good grief. lol.

    Just so everybody knows:

  • I first met Steve while visiting the set of Steve making a commercial

    about these very same hotdogs:


    Can you tell which actor he is?




  • No, Westside, Diehard and Canton Mike are friends.

    They are coming out to our farm this spring, to groundhog skeet. 😡

  • Groundhog skeet - Canton Mike and Steve haven't gone with me yet,

    but they are really interested and can't wait....

  • Bring back the helmet phone for draft day.

    6cd7a650-d3cf-11e3-9d55-090ad8d17024_var

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bring back the helmet phone for draft day.

    6cd7a650-d3cf-11e3-9d55-090ad8d17024_var

    I would love to have a Helmet Phone. I tried to find one for years.

  • No, Westside, Diehard and Canton Mike are friends.

    They are coming out to our farm this spring, to groundhog skeet. 😡

    @calfoxwc said:

    No, Westside, Diehard and Canton Mike are friends.

    They are coming out to our farm this spring, to groundhog skeet. 😡

    sorry... I think groundhogs are cool. I will come out for a diet root beer...

    WSS

  • @calfoxwc said:

    No, Westside, Diehard and Canton Mike are friends.

    They are coming out to our farm this spring, to groundhog skeet. 😡

    sorry... I think groundhogs are cool. I will come out for a diet root beer...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    sorry... I think groundhogs are cool. I will come out for a diet root beer...

    WSS

    My dad would shoot the groundhogs, then sell or give them to someone from Snydertown.

  • sorry... I think groundhogs are cool. I will come out for a diet root beer...
    WSS

    **************************************

    Too bad. That leaves Diehard and Canton Mike.

    Groundhog skeet is where you get some knucklehead friends to come out

    and their job is to reach down in the groundhog holes, grab the groundhogs

    by their tails, and then drag em out of the holes and fling them way up in the

    air and I shoot the flying groundhogs.

    crap. Somebody must have clued Steve in as to what it was.

    Don't tell Diehard and Canton Mike, they are ready to go....

    Good help is hard to find these days....

  • Finally got the official word that I can take off Friday! 1 1/2 more days till the draft/weekend!

  • A very close friends' Mother passed today, so I'll still go to the Browns' Draft Party, but it looks like Friday & Saturday will be DVR'd & watched later. Supporting a good buddy at a stressful time overrides sports.

    Mike