Kiper and McShay joint mock
-
When I get the time I would like to research theses idiots previous mock drafts through the years. I can't see them being anywhere close to what actually happens on draft day
-
When I get the time I would like to research theses idiots previous mock drafts through the years. I can't see them being anywhere close to what actually happens on draft day
When I get the time I would like to research theses idiots previous mock drafts through the years. I can't see them being anywhere close to what actually happens on draft day
Just done a quick look at their final mocks from last year (here), and comparing against reality isn't pretty. Excluding trades:
Mel Kiper correct picks - 1 out of 24
Todd McShay - 4
MK correct position projections - 5
TM - 9
-
"Just done a quick look at their final mocks from last year (here), and comparing against reality isn't pretty. Excluding trades:
Mel Kiper correct picks - 1 out of 24
Todd McShay - 4
MK correct position projections - 5
TM - 9"
Not surprised. Pretty good gig there at ESPN. I would be willing to bet Mike and Mike would do better than that.
-
Bruce Ellington? Who? I'm betting there were better receivers still on the board at that point...
-
Bruce Ellington - 5'9", 197lb, 4.45 40-yd.
STRENGTHS: Short but possesses a stout, athletic frame with broad shoulders and a thick lower half. Excellent quickness at the snap to avoid press coverage. Possesses the burst to put defenders on their heels, as well as very good lateral agility and a hesitation move that leaves corners guessing. Good fluidity and balance as a route-runner. Best attribute is his body control and hand-eye coordination when the ball is in the air. Shows the ability to contort his body to adjust and possesses very natural hands and a surprisingly wide catch radius to extend and pluck. Can track over either shoulder, as well as turn back and time his leap well to out-jump taller, bigger defenders. Good vision, elusiveness and acceleration with the ball in his hands. Talented returner who shows no hesitancy in attacking holes. Starting point guard for the Gamecocks over his first two seasons, averaging 11.4 points per game over his career. Cousin, Andre Ellington, impressed as a rookie running back in 2013 as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
WEAKNESSES: Short. Wasn't asked to run a full route-tree with the Gamecocks and as such is a bit of a project in this regard. Relies on his burst and athleticism to get open and will freelance to do so, leaving his quarterback in the difficult position of having to predict when he'll make his breaks. Extends his arms but doesn't block with passion despite his stout frame. Gets to top speed quickly but does not possess a second gear to break away. Basketball was clearly a priority for Ellington while at South Carolina and scouts will want to investigate how much he is committed to improving in football. COMPARES TO: Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers - Ellington has a long way to go as a route-runner before he'll be confused with Cobb, one of the NFL's most dangerous receivers, but the short, thick frame, raw athleticism and versatility are there. Perhaps even better, each has shown a history of making the game-changing play.
-
I've seen him play many times. Good looking prospect for late 2nd or 3rd round. Big reach at 26.
-
I've seen him play many times. Good looking prospect for late 2nd or 3rd round. Big reach at 26.
I've seen him play many times. Good looking prospect for late 2nd or 3rd round. Big reach at 26.
Huge reach. Considering that there were a lot better options still available as well. But something like this is going to happen on draft day which is what I think they were mostly trying to get across. Every year some team picks guy like Ellington real early for whatever reason. The reason I think it was stupid was because they said Manziel was their gamble pick for the Browns and then they turn right around with an even bigger out of no where gamble.
-
Here's a list of some Draft Mockers records for last year :
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/mockdrafts.shtml
This one has 5 year averages plus each year of those 5 years :
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/top100.shtml
For the 5 year average, Kiper was ranked 20th.
I don't even see McShay listed here unless he's under a "Publication".
FYI, Mayock is #9 over 5 years.
-
@mike-h said:
The Browns are going to draft like Scott Crichton or Louis Nix at 26 and everyone here is going to lose their minds.
I have a feeling we'll see someone early on that's not a position of need, just because he's BPA, and Nix might just be that guy.
-
@mike-h said:
The Browns are going to draft like Scott Crichton or Louis Nix at 26 and everyone here is going to lose their minds.
-
I'll definitely lose it!
-
Lol , all the hate for Kiper.
If we pick JF I'll be pissed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login