Official NFL Draft Discussion
-
We can't assume cause at #4 pick #26 hasn't happened yet. How about we assume that QB isn't the pick at #4. I think that works better. Honestly I don't see us going QB or OL at #4, so I think it comes down to 4 players. Watkins, Evans, Mack, and Donald.
Just took Phil Taylor's option for 5th year. I feel like Mack would be a great replacement for D'Qwell Jackson (and eerily similar to one of the characters in movie Draft Day).
That said - I'd really like to see us trade down with Minnesota or Tampa and grab WR, Mike Evans or CB, Darqueze Dennard.
Then, if the front office is truly sold on a QB as our second pick in Rd. 1 - use whatever pick(s) Minnesota/Tampa gave us to move up (assuming they are mid/late-round picks for this or next year) to move up and grab the QB we want in the teens or twenties.
Just took Phil Taylor's option for 5th year. I feel like Mack would be a great replacement for D'Qwell Jackson (and eerily similar to one of the characters in movie Draft Day).
That said - I'd really like to see us trade down with Minnesota or Tampa and grab WR, Mike Evans or CB, Darqueze Dennard.
Then, if the front office is truly sold on a QB as our second pick in Rd. 1 - use whatever pick(s) Minnesota/Tampa gave us to move up (assuming they are mid/late-round picks for this or next year) to move up and grab the QB we want in the teens or twenties.
I'm sure a lot of people would like to see us move down, but that doesn't mean it will happen and it doesn't mean its even possible. Someone has to be willing to not only offer a trade to the Browns, but offer one that makes sense. That's why I don't get jazzed up about trades and why I am dumb founded when I read how mad people get on this board get when they claim we should have traded down, when they have no idea what a kind of trade offers the team got, if any.
Yes we picked up Taylors option. Taylor is a NT, Donald is a 3-4 DE. Rubin is on his final year of his contract. Don't be surprised if our FO is taking a serious look at Donald. Also if we are drafting Mack to be a full time ILB starter, it's a wasted pick. He is going split time between ILB and OLB, or play full time at OLB for the pick to make sense. He is a weapon who at the very least needs to spend 50% of his snaps going after the QB.
-
Clowney.
If he's gone as well... Matthews.
If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.
I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.
Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.
-
Try to trade down and then take the best CB they can get
-
Clowney.
If he's gone as well... Matthews.
If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.
I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.
Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.
Clowney.
If he's gone as well... Matthews.
If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.
I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.
Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.
I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.
-
Clowney.
If he's gone as well... Matthews.
If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.
I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.
Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.
I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.
I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.
As Rich would say..."very astute"...All joking aside...I have the very same concern...I'm ok at 26 but hell no @#4...Not in My neighborhood....My biggest fear..(facepalms) is the browns trade Alex Mack and a #1 to the Jag's to get they're spot and take whomever (insert name here)..the worst I would accept is trade down a spot or 2 if your guy isnt there.
Edit: Yeah...that's asking way too much and most likely (We hope) that never happens "LOL"
-
Evans or Mack
-
-
I made my post because of the "experts" on the mock draft portion of nfl.com have us taking Sammy at #4 and a QB at 26 (Carr, Bridgewater and Bortles). Sammy is an immediate impact player and there might be a good chance that he is gone at #4. None of them have us taking Manziel.

-
Changed my mind. Been reading more about Evans. He seems like a great option if Sammy is gone at 4. Is the dude really 6'5"!?
-
I'm down for Evans at 4. I don't think it's that much of a reach to grab him there ... Most have him gone by 7 anyways.
I like Mathews and Mack there too. My 1 is Watkins then I'd go Evans.
-
Damn... you're every where with this
-
I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.
As Rich would say..."very astute"...All joking aside...I have the very same concern...I'm ok at 26 but hell no @#4...Not in My neighborhood....My biggest fear..(facepalms) is the browns trade Alex Mack and a #1 to the Jag's to get they're spot and take whomever (insert name here)..the worst I would accept is trade down a spot or 2 if your guy isnt there.
Edit: Yeah...that's asking way too much and most likely (We hope) that never happens "LOL"
Alex Mack has a no trade clause in his contract that he just signed. Fear not my friend, he isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years. After the 2nd year he can opt out if he wants to hit free agency.
As Rich would say..."very astute"...All joking aside...I have the very same concern...I'm ok at 26 but hell no @#4...Not in My neighborhood....My biggest fear..(facepalms) is the browns trade Alex Mack and a #1 to the Jag's to get they're spot and take whomever (insert name here)..the worst I would accept is trade down a spot or 2 if your guy isnt there.
Edit: Yeah...that's asking way too much and most likely (We hope) that never happens "LOL"
-
If Watkins is gone then one of these 3 will be available: Mack, Robinson, Clowney.
Absolute no-brainer.
If we take JF ahead of any of these 4, i'm going to throw my TV out the window and call it a night.
-
If Watkins and Mack were at the top of their board, and they are both gone,
I'd trade back.
Odell Beckham Jr.'s stock keeps rising....
-
I am not in favor of drafting an OL at #4....even though it could work out. I guess I am a Ghoolie disciple in this regard...at least for this draft.
I want an impact player. That could certainly be Clowney, Mack, Watkins. If all three of those are taken....then the choice could be down to an OL or a QB.
Or....who else would be worthy of #4 if not one of those 3 and not OL or QB?
Mike Evans?
Barr?
Denard?
Clinton-Dix?
Marquise Lee?
Mosley?
It sounds to me that yes, if those 3 are gone...and no OL or QB is worth it, then trading down would be a plausible ploy.
-
Evans would be legit. None of the others.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Justin Gilbert.
that's the route i'd go if we could find someone to trade back with like minnesota and take gilbert or fuller. evans will be gone by 8. i know it's a reach at 4 but if the top 3 mentioned above are gone, hell evans or one of those 2 CBs is more of a sure thing than any one of the QBs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login