Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Hyde at 26?

Hyde at 26?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
32 Posts 18 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • BrownieMan B
    • 53 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    B BrownieMan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I hate the idea of taking a RB so early, as this mock has us taking a RB at 26. I don't even really love Hyde. Dumb dumb dumb get a QB/OL or a QB/WR with our first two picks!

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

    What do you guys think? Am I missing the boat on Hyde?

    hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BrownieMan B
      • 53 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      B BrownieMan wrote on last edited by BrownieMan
      #2

      My bad duplicate thread.

      http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29129

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I hate that mock, i hate all the mocks, including the

        mock I posted a few days ago.

        I hate waiting so long for the draft, hate the rain,

        and hate the steelers. hate the confusion and ambiguity

        about all the quarterbacks.

        But, I love the idea of cloning the best aspects

        of Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr, Garoppolo and Murray

        into one qb, and drafting him at 4.

        This is taking for freakin ever.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          The nature of the NFL and the recent failings of our beloved Trent Richardson to me signal that a RB like Hyde will hardly ever be drafted in the 1st round again. I really like Hyde and I think he'll be a good pro, but I'd be really surprised to see him go before mid 2nd round.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • jcam222 jcam222J Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 3k Posts
            • 873 Reputation
            jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            love Hyde but surely not in the 1st round. If we pick a RB before round 3 someone needs shot.,

            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • BrownieMan B
              • 53 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              B BrownieMan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I agree. We have Tate and we can pick someone late.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Additionally, if kid Shanahan has any say you know he's going to follow his Dad's footsteps in scouting those late round RB's.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • SCDawg82 SCDawg82S
                  • 170 Posts
                  • 5 Reputation
                  SCDawg82S SCDawg82 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I like Hill better.but def not in the first round.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ClevelandBigDawg C
                    • 571 Posts
                    • 8 Reputation
                    C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    In Houston and Washington their highest draft pick (2nd and 4th rounders) were both backups to an undrafted rookie and a 6th rounder. I dont see us looking at RB until at least the fifth round, unless there's someone that falls that we just cannot pass up (I doubt). And no matter when we draft a RB I believe that they will have a chance to compete for the starting job. It's Ben Tate's to lose but he isn't just going to be given it either.

                    Not to mention that RBs aren't as highly valued as they used to be. Just look at some of the high profile names that have left their teams in the past 2 years.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      No, too many other needs. I like Hyde, but I'd look at CB at #26, Jean-Baptiste if he's there.

                      Karlis Missed
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B BrownieMan

                        I hate the idea of taking a RB so early, as this mock has us taking a RB at 26. I don't even really love Hyde. Dumb dumb dumb get a QB/OL or a QB/WR with our first two picks!

                        http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

                        What do you guys think? Am I missing the boat on Hyde?

                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 20k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @brownieman said:

                        I hate the idea of taking a RB so early, as this mock has us taking a RB at 26. I don't even really love Hyde. Dumb dumb dumb get a QB/OL or a QB/WR with our first two picks!

                        http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

                        What do you guys think? Am I missing the boat on Hyde?

                        That mock is total BS.

                        @jrb12711 said:

                        The nature of the NFL and the recent failings of our beloved Trent Richardson to me signal that a RB like Hyde will hardly ever be drafted in the 1st round again. I really like Hyde and I think he'll be a good pro, but I'd be really surprised to see him go before mid 2nd round.

                        Yup, unlikely any RB goes in the first round this year.

                        VesnaKociper said:

                        The kind of poster who says " I hate Hyde at 26", is the same kind of guy who got fired for saying " I hate Tom Brady in the second round. that's WAY too high"

                        Draft analysis is total horseshit, and ANYONE who thinks they have a fooking clue of who should go where, is a moron. Carlos Hyde is a stud. Watkins and Hyde, w Hoyer, Bess and Gordon? That becomes an unstoppable offense. AN offense that any fatass lineman can look terrific blocking for. That is an offense that will tire, confuse and have too many options for NFL defenses.

                        Trade Joe Thomas and the #4, bump up to #2 and secure Watkins. Take Hyde at 26 and in one draft, add two of what all the previous drafts (Save Gordon) back to 1999 failed to do.........add an impact player

                        I took a load of shit for wanting to trade Joshua Cribbs 5 years ago, but he was worth something then and it would have been a great trade for us. Same deal with Joe Thomas, he's on his last legs, but still has high value. I would be shopping his lard ass all over the place.

                        Nice try Tom. Bess isn't even on the team anymore, you're a tad behind the times. I like Hyde- I really do, but he's damn near a clone of Ben Tate. Luxury pick to take him in the first round- he may well still be there at the top of the third- and I would draft him there. Yes, Joe Thomas has value- he also has a contract that makes him virtually untradeable. Incidentally, the history of stud HOF left tackles- Orlando Pace, Jon Ogden says those types of guys play their entire career with one team, and Thomas in on a career track to get to Canton too. So unless you want to see Hoyer get broken in half from a blindside hit because the putz that replaced Joe can't block worth a crap, be my guest.

                        BTW, do watch Thursday- because those GMs that don't know crap about offensive line are going to draft a couple Left Tackle Lardasses in the top ten again. Happens almost every year too.

                        G 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hoortaH hoorta

                          @brownieman said:

                          I hate the idea of taking a RB so early, as this mock has us taking a RB at 26. I don't even really love Hyde. Dumb dumb dumb get a QB/OL or a QB/WR with our first two picks!

                          http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

                          What do you guys think? Am I missing the boat on Hyde?

                          That mock is total BS.

                          @jrb12711 said:

                          The nature of the NFL and the recent failings of our beloved Trent Richardson to me signal that a RB like Hyde will hardly ever be drafted in the 1st round again. I really like Hyde and I think he'll be a good pro, but I'd be really surprised to see him go before mid 2nd round.

                          Yup, unlikely any RB goes in the first round this year.

                          VesnaKociper said:

                          The kind of poster who says " I hate Hyde at 26", is the same kind of guy who got fired for saying " I hate Tom Brady in the second round. that's WAY too high"

                          Draft analysis is total horseshit, and ANYONE who thinks they have a fooking clue of who should go where, is a moron. Carlos Hyde is a stud. Watkins and Hyde, w Hoyer, Bess and Gordon? That becomes an unstoppable offense. AN offense that any fatass lineman can look terrific blocking for. That is an offense that will tire, confuse and have too many options for NFL defenses.

                          Trade Joe Thomas and the #4, bump up to #2 and secure Watkins. Take Hyde at 26 and in one draft, add two of what all the previous drafts (Save Gordon) back to 1999 failed to do.........add an impact player

                          I took a load of shit for wanting to trade Joshua Cribbs 5 years ago, but he was worth something then and it would have been a great trade for us. Same deal with Joe Thomas, he's on his last legs, but still has high value. I would be shopping his lard ass all over the place.

                          Nice try Tom. Bess isn't even on the team anymore, you're a tad behind the times. I like Hyde- I really do, but he's damn near a clone of Ben Tate. Luxury pick to take him in the first round- he may well still be there at the top of the third- and I would draft him there. Yes, Joe Thomas has value- he also has a contract that makes him virtually untradeable. Incidentally, the history of stud HOF left tackles- Orlando Pace, Jon Ogden says those types of guys play their entire career with one team, and Thomas in on a career track to get to Canton too. So unless you want to see Hoyer get broken in half from a blindside hit because the putz that replaced Joe can't block worth a crap, be my guest.

                          BTW, do watch Thursday- because those GMs that don't know crap about offensive line are going to draft a couple Left Tackle Lardasses in the top ten again. Happens almost every year too.

                          GuNNerGatSKi G Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 331 Posts
                          • 86 Reputation
                          G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @hoorta said:

                          That mock is total BS.

                          Yup, unlikely any RB goes in the first round this year.

                          Nice try Tom. Bess isn't even on the team anymore, you're a tad behind the times. I like Hyde- I really do, but he's damn near a clone of Ben Tate. Luxury pick to take him in the first round- he may well still be there at the top of the third- and I would draft him there. Yes, Joe Thomas has value- he also has a contract that makes him virtually untradeable. Incidentally, the history of stud HOF left tackles- Orlando Pace, Jon Ogden says those types of guys play their entire career with one team, and Thomas in on a career track to get to Canton too. So unless you want to see Hoyer get broken in half from a blindside hit because the putz that replaced Joe can't block worth a crap, be my guest.

                          BTW, do watch Thursday- because those GMs that don't know crap about offensive line are going to draft a couple Left Tackle Lardasses in the top ten again. Happens almost every year too.

                          This.

                          Especially the last part responding to the " lard ass" who thinks Bess is still on the team and that trading future HOFer Joe Thomas is a good idea. Can you say fucking. Idiot.

                          Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            VesnaKociper said:

                            The kind of poster who says " I hate Hyde at 26", is the same kind of guy who got fired for saying " I hate Tom Brady in the second round. that's WAY too high"

                            Draft analysis is total horseshit, and ANYONE who thinks they have a fooking clue of who should go where, is a moron. Carlos Hyde is a stud. Watkins and Hyde, w Hoyer, Bess and Gordon? That becomes an unstoppable offense. AN offense that any fatass lineman can look terrific blocking for. That is an offense that will tire, confuse and have too many options for NFL defenses.

                            Trade Joe Thomas and the #4, bump up to #2 and secure Watkins. Take Hyde at 26 and in one draft, add two of what all the previous drafts (Save Gordon) back to 1999 failed to do.........add an impact player

                            I took a load of shit for wanting to trade Joshua Cribbs 5 years ago, but he was worth something then and it would have been a great trade for us. Same deal with Joe Thomas, he's on his last legs, but still has high value. I would be shopping his lard ass all over the place.

                            1.Why do you keep talking about Bess? He is gone to maryjane heaven. Maybe you mean Little or Benjamin?

                            2. As for taking Hyde at 26...it wouldn't break my heart. He very well may be a stud. But the NFL now won't draft RBs in the first round. That is just the way it is. So, get him where it is appropriate and hope he is a stud whether he is drafted at #26, or in the third round.

                            3. I have no interest in trading up from #4 to #2 unless the price is like a 5th round draft pick.

                            4. As far as I am concerned, the Browns did exactly what they should have done with Cribbs. They used him. And if they used him up, so be it. He was a UDFA who played extremely well for the Browns for a long while. The Browns certainly got their investment worth out of the guy. As far as I am concerned, you can ask for no more.

                            5. Same with JT. Best thing the Browns can do is to just use him. Get your investment out of him. Someone has to play that spot. It might as well be him at this point. If you get rid of him, you could just spend a dozen years trying to replace him. That is what happened after Cody Risien retired. No, we got him for a first round pick 7 years ago. Let that pick continue to pay dividends. At least we know what we have with him....a Hall of Fame player. If you trade him, you don't know WTF you may end up with. Another Braylon Edwards?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              VesnaKociper said:

                              Bess is gone? Holy schidt.

                              He was one of our best recievers going back to Eric Hieden. That guy caught everything.

                              Eric Heiden was an ice skater.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                • 57k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                                #15

                                VesnaKociper said:

                                Joe Thomas was a waste of a first round pick. Pure, plain and simple.

                                But, less of a waste than any other first round pick we have made this century.

                                Or do you think the likes of Jeff Faine, William Green, Courtney Brown, Brady Quinn, K2, Braylon, Alex Mack, etc. were better?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • G GuNNerGatSKi

                                  @hoorta said:

                                  That mock is total BS.

                                  Yup, unlikely any RB goes in the first round this year.

                                  Nice try Tom. Bess isn't even on the team anymore, you're a tad behind the times. I like Hyde- I really do, but he's damn near a clone of Ben Tate. Luxury pick to take him in the first round- he may well still be there at the top of the third- and I would draft him there. Yes, Joe Thomas has value- he also has a contract that makes him virtually untradeable. Incidentally, the history of stud HOF left tackles- Orlando Pace, Jon Ogden says those types of guys play their entire career with one team, and Thomas in on a career track to get to Canton too. So unless you want to see Hoyer get broken in half from a blindside hit because the putz that replaced Joe can't block worth a crap, be my guest.

                                  BTW, do watch Thursday- because those GMs that don't know crap about offensive line are going to draft a couple Left Tackle Lardasses in the top ten again. Happens almost every year too.

                                  This.

                                  Especially the last part responding to the " lard ass" who thinks Bess is still on the team and that trading future HOFer Joe Thomas is a good idea. Can you say fucking. Idiot.

                                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 241 Reputation
                                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  GuNNerGatSKy said:

                                  This.

                                  Especially the last part responding to the " lard ass" who thinks Bess is still on the team and that trading future HOFer Joe Thomas is a good idea. Can you say fucking. Idiot.

                                  A good idea to trade up only two spots mind you.

                                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                                  hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                    • 3k Posts
                                    • 241 Reputation
                                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Everything that I have heard is that Hyde is one of the guys on Farmers radar at #35.

                                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • gftChris gftChrisG
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 428 Reputation
                                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      VesnaKociper said:

                                      Bess is gone? Holy schidt.

                                      He was one of our best recievers going back to Eric Hieden. That guy caught everything.

                                      VesnaKociper said:

                                      Joe Thomas was a waste of a first round pick. Pure, plain and simple.

                                      Aaaaaand now anything you say is meaningless trollery. Thanks for playing.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                        GuNNerGatSKy said:

                                        This.

                                        Especially the last part responding to the " lard ass" who thinks Bess is still on the team and that trading future HOFer Joe Thomas is a good idea. Can you say fucking. Idiot.

                                        A good idea to trade up only two spots mind you.

                                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 20k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @harry-buffalo said:

                                        A good idea to trade up only two spots mind you.

                                        Depends on the price- I'm sure the Rams would bite if we offered our #26.

                                        @gftchris said:

                                        Aaaaaand now anything you say is meaningless trollery. Thanks for playing.

                                        Don't mind him- it's our old pal Ghoolie back for more fun & games.

                                        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • hoortaH hoorta

                                          @harry-buffalo said:

                                          A good idea to trade up only two spots mind you.

                                          Depends on the price- I'm sure the Rams would bite if we offered our #26.

                                          @gftchris said:

                                          Aaaaaand now anything you say is meaningless trollery. Thanks for playing.

                                          Don't mind him- it's our old pal Ghoolie back for more fun & games.

                                          Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 241 Reputation
                                          Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @hoorta said:

                                          Depends on the price- I'm sure the Rams would bite if we offered our #26.

                                          Don't mind him- it's our old pal Ghoolie back for more fun & games.

                                          I was being sarcastic. I don't want to see us spend picks or franchise players to move up two slots. If they want to try and trade up from #26 or #35 then fine.

                                          Ruining threads since 1897.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate