Skip to content

Look at this far out draft .....has us trading down

The Browns Board
7 7 358
  • that draft would make my decade!

  • 1a) Mike Evans - 6

    1b) Blake Bortles - 26

    1c) Xavier Sua-Filo - 32

    Yeah, I can deal with that!

  • 1a) Mike Evans - 6

    1b) Blake Bortles - 26

    1c) Xavier Sua-Filo - 32

    Yeah, I can deal with that!

    @utzie said:

    1a) Mike Evans - 6

    1b) Blake Bortles - 26

    1c) Xavier Sua-Filo - 32

    Yeah, I can deal with that!

    Yep, that would be a dream scenario.

  • Yeah, I posted that yesterday - not a whole lot to complain about in that one.

    And here's a bit on the Browns Draft board status :

    http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/07/browns-gm-enjoys-keeping-draft-board-a-secret-including-manziels-status/

    BEREA, Ohio – The Cleveland Browns’ draft board sits on a white board in a locked room, directly across the hall from general manager Ray Farmer’s office, and only three men in the Browns’ organization have the code that grants them access inside.

    But just in case someone other than Farmer, head coach Mike Pettine or owner Jimmy Haslem has slipped in unattended to try to sneak a peek at the final draft board for the team slated to select with the No. 4 and 26 picks Thursday night, Farmer built in one more security measure.

    “I’m not quite paranoid, but I’m close, and so for all of those that think they know, or for everyone that was in the room, the board is still not final,” Farmer told USA TODAY Sports. “There are five or six magnets that are strategically moved out of place that we’ll move into place when [Thursday] comes.”

    So, yes, the Browns’ draft board still technically remains unfinished, though Farmer, the Browns’ first-year general manager, knows exactly which player he wants to select there at No. 4, as well as a game plan for how to use his other nine picks, including five within the first 83 selections.

    “I recognize that everyone is going nuts, ‘They’ve got to take a quarterback!’ No one knows what we’re going to do, and that’s the best part about it,” Farmer said. “It’s good to lay low and in the weeds so that no one knows what you’re going to do.”

    Though Pettine and Haslem each have full access to the super-secret draft room, Farmer will be the man making the final call on the Browns’ draft this week. That includes the decision on which quarterback the Browns will take, and when they will take him.

  • rayweeds.jpg

  • I would rather pick Gilbert at 6 - too many good receivers in this draft. At 26, we need to move up to get Mosley at #20. Then Filo at 32. Yes, that means a QB is picked really late in this draft.