Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Mad Men

Mad Men

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
9 Posts 4 Posters 591 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    I hear this is the last season. I spent the last couple weeks watching all the episodes of season 6 and now I am through episode number 3 in season 7.

    anybody else been riding this train from the beginning? I'm going to miss these guys. Four more episodes and they go on hiatus before they close out with the last 4.

    next I might start on Fargo, black sails or turn.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • slowburn slowburnS
      • 2k Posts
      • 116 Reputation
      slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
      #2

      be curious to know how the coen bros view their tv adaptation. Fargo TV... I'm not buyin. The True Detectives slamdunk will be new the standard in premium cable channels series evaluation.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I have two episodes of True detective left.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • slowburn slowburnS
          • 2k Posts
          • 116 Reputation
          slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I thought they all were damn good. Rust is one of the most evil on screen characters sine Dr. Hannibal Lecter

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #5

            What are you talking about slowburn?

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • slowburn slowburnS
              • 2k Posts
              • 116 Reputation
              slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
              #6

              MM really sent the chill down my spine esp. in interview rants. It's hard to take your eyes off him (im not gay).

              The last character I recall having the same impact was dr lecter in Silence of the Lambs

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 15k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I wouldn't call rust evil though. As it turns out..

                Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • T The Cysko Kid

                  I wouldn't call rust evil though. As it turns out..

                  Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 125 Reputation
                  OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @the-cysko-kid said:

                  I wouldn't call rust evil though. As it turns out..

                  Agreed, I dont think Rust was evil at all. I think, in fact, he was good, but the "any means necessary" and flawed kind of good. They never would've caught the bad guys if weren't for Rust. We know that Rust thought of himself as a bad guy from what he said in the car to Marty, but that was mostly due to his pessimistic outlook.

                  "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • slowburn slowburnS
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 116 Reputation
                    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    A description of evil is highly subjective. Let's say he was "flawed" to the extent that his behavior was becoming almost sociopathic. The barroom scene where he first meets Dewall was telling. Dewall took one look at him and told him the next time they meet he will "put him down".

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate