Skip to content

Back up QBs

The Browns Board
8 8 460
  • Are there any back up QBs in the NFL you would trade for and have start over Hoyer and any in this draft class ? ......

  • To sit and learn : McCarron, Mettenberger, Savage, Guiton

    To trade for : Orton, Cousins, Glennon

    Still, Hoyer would be my starter

  • mallet. don't know who would start.

    i think his lease is coming up for renewal and BB likes to clean house every once in a while.

    there's also a reason he's kept him around this long....

  • Mallet ain't got it Tox. The Pats preseason games last year showed it.

  • I heard, for the first time since I haven't followed the kid, that Mettenburger has some pretty bad off the field problems anybody know what those are?

    Someone mentioned violence against women but I don't know if it was him. Maybe it's that berger portion of his name...

    It may have just been dope and that old groping charge.

    WSS

  • NOPE!! We already have 3 back ups right now 😎

  • I would absolutely trade for Glennon. He looked composed, comfortable, and smart in the 13 games he started for the Bucs, throwing 19 tds against 9 picks on an absolutely garbage offense with no o-line, an insignificant run game, and what amounted to a one man show at receiver. Pretty impressive for a rookie. Flacco didn't even look that good his rookie season.... Even Manning had far worse number than that his rookie year.....

    Logic says he will do much better in year two on a better team with more reps in training camp etc. I would absolutely give up one of our fourth or third rounders for him. I think he shows just as much promise and potentially more than any of the QB prospects in this draft.

  • I heard, for the first time since I haven't followed the kid, that Mettenburger has some pretty bad off the field problems anybody know what those are?

    Someone mentioned violence against women but I don't know if it was him. Maybe it's that berger portion of his name...

    It may have just been dope and that old groping charge.

    WSS

    There's not really a back-up that I covet, but former back-up Nick Foles would make an interesting acquisition.

    @westside-steve said:

    I heard, for the first time since I haven't followed the kid, that Mettenburger has some pretty bad off the field problems anybody know what those are?

    Someone mentioned violence against women but I don't know if it was him. Maybe it's that berger portion of his name...

    It may have just been dope and that old groping charge.

    WSS

    Groping charge that he pled guilty on while at UGA was all I knew of, until he made this combine's "diluted sample" list... Never have liked the kid. His on-field judgment is as questionable as his off-field...