Skip to content

Buckeyes draft day mock

The Browns Board
10 4 479
  • 4. Blake Bortles

    Everyone's been clamoring for Manziel (including me), and Bortles has been almost forgotten. We finally get our big AFC North QB. Lets hope hes at least as good as Ben and Flacco.

    26. Xavier Sua Filo

    Time to pony up for a guard. He'll instantly improve the run game.

    35. Martavis Bryant

    Hes everything were looking for in a WR. I think he'll be better than Evans

    3A. LaMarcus Joyner

    This guy is a clone of Tyronn Mathieu. Hell transition to FS and be the ball hawk we need

    3B. Pierre Desir

    long fast and physical. I think hes a day one starter.

    4A. Jordan Tripp

    this years Kiko Alonso

    4B. Jeremy Hill

    the best back in the draft falls to us because of character concerns.

    5. Jerick McKinnon

    Back to back RBs. McKinnon is highly undervalued, but could develop into an impact player

    6. Brandon Thomas

    falls right into our lap

    7. Brock Jensen

    A developmental QB

  • Nice... a mock I could live with.

    Tripp was one of the players that did not fit into my mock that I really liked.

    Only real questions I'd raise is the RB double tap and 2nd QB in the 7th.

  • A little insurance never hurt anyone

  • I'd replace one of the RB's with a developmental D-lineman or OLB, but I liked it overall.

  • Yeah maybe, I think Gilkey and Faulk could surprise as developmental guys already on the roster though.

  • Yeah maybe, I think Gilkey and Faulk could surprise as developmental guys already on the roster though.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Yeah maybe, I think Gilkey and Faulk could surprise as developmental guys already on the roster though.

    Which is why I suggested a developmental defensive lineman instead of offensive lineman. If we get someone like Su'a-Filo in the end of the first, I wouldn't touch O-line again in the draft anyways.

    Maybe even grab the best kicker? Cundiff obviously isn't the long term answer. I just think grabbing two RB back to back would be sorta counter-productive at that point in the draft when we already have guys like Tate and Ogby on the roster.

    But, like I said, it was a solid mock and I'd be happy if that's the way the draft looked Saturday night.

  • I like it. I think drafting 2 QBs is out of the picture now that we brought in Young and Thigpen

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Yeah maybe, I think Gilkey and Faulk could surprise as developmental guys already on the roster though.

    Which is why I suggested a developmental defensive lineman instead of offensive lineman. If we get someone like Su'a-Filo in the end of the first, I wouldn't touch O-line again in the draft anyways.

    Maybe even grab the best kicker? Cundiff obviously isn't the long term answer. I just think grabbing two RB back to back would be sorta counter-productive at that point in the draft when we already have guys like Tate and Ogby on the roster.

    But, like I said, it was a solid mock and I'd be happy if that's the way the draft looked Saturday night.

    @utzie said:

    Which is why I suggested a developmental defensive lineman instead of offensive lineman. If we get someone like Su'a-Filo in the end of the first, I wouldn't touch O-line again in the draft anyways.

    Maybe even grab the best kicker? Cundiff obviously isn't the long term answer. I just think grabbing two RB back to back would be sorta counter-productive at that point in the draft when we already have guys like Tate and Ogby on the roster.

    But, like I said, it was a solid mock and I'd be happy if that's the way the draft looked Saturday night.

    gotcha, yeah my bad, working outside and the glare on my phone makes it hard to read sometimes. We could also use another CB imo.
  • I like it. I think drafting 2 QBs is out of the picture now that we brought in Young and Thigpen

    @thenew23 said:

    I like it. I think drafting 2 QBs is out of the picture now that we brought in Young and Thigpen

    yeah youre probably right, unless they only brought those guys in to enhance the giant smoke screen Farmers putting up
  • @thenew23 said:

    I like it. I think drafting 2 QBs is out of the picture now that we brought in Young and Thigpen

    yeah youre probably right, unless they only brought those guys in to enhance the giant smoke screen Farmers putting up

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    yeah youre probably right, unless they only brought those guys in to enhance the giant smoke screen Farmers putting up

    SIgning 2 QB's a week before the draft in order to to smokescreen the fact that you want a high QB to fall is some serious committment. I wouldn't put it past the FO to pull off something like that, actually...