Skip to content

Biggest Steal of the 1st Round (Not Counting JF)

The Browns Board
16 14 888
  • 4 4 Rings wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I'm not so sure there was a steal. Everybody went where they were slotted except a couple of players lead by Blake Bortles to JAX.

  • I'm not so sure there was a steal. Everybody went where they were slotted except a couple of players lead by Blake Bortles to JAX.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @4-rings said:

    I'm not so sure there was a steal. Everybody went where they were slotted except a couple of players lead by Blake Bortles to JAX.

    There were steals. Maybe less so with the top picks because they didn't fall too far from where they were projected, but when you get Mack at 5 with his kind of talent and very few people thought he would be available there, I would consider that a steal. Just like how both Dennard and Clinton-Dix were considered top 16 picks and they both fell past 20. Or even Bridgewater, who many considered to go late 1st early 2nd, was once considered to be the best player in the draft and was picked by a team who traded ahead of another to steal him from them.

  • T Tiott wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Every body think Buccanon is a reach but i think this kid is gonna be a pro bowler

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Based on their pre-draft rank, I do think Dennard may have been the biggest "bargain" in the first round.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The biggest steal of the draft was Cleveland swiping a first from Buffalo and still getting the best CB in the draft.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I bet most Bills fans feel like Robert Shaw's character in The Sting right now 🙂

  • The biggest steal of the draft was Cleveland swiping a first from Buffalo and still getting the best CB in the draft.

    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @poeticg said:

    The biggest steal of the draft was Cleveland swiping a first from Buffalo and still getting the best CB in the draft.

    This.

    But aside from that, I would have to say Dennard. IMO he was a top 16 talent, very polished and very versatile, and Cinci got a steal of a pick.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Dennard. @24

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #11

    if, and only if, this kid lives up to the hype Minnesota made a wise move. I guess that could be said for any quarterback taken in the first round but...

    There's always the chance he was overrated or under rated.

    WSS

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    JF was not a steal btw.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Ryan Shazier to Pittsburgh

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I went Clinton-Dix... saw an awful lot of boards where he went in the low to mid-teens.

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Someone told me the Bills/Browns trade had a lot to do with the Bills pending sale. Basically they want to go all-out next year so new owner keeps regime, and if new owner doesn't they won't care that they lost their first round pick because they'll be gone.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I don't think there was a big steal, but time will tell. I'm tempted to say clinton-dix.