Skip to content

Gordon is out for year. damnit.

The Browns Board
325 81 21.9k
  • Also NFL is going into negotiations on the current drug policy to do two things. First is to get a system in place to test for HGH.

    Second is to... Reduce the penalty for use of pot! This might be why farmer doesn't seem as worried. If talks about reducing the penalty go through, Gordon's punishment could be reduced to reflect the new rules. What those new rules will be is anyone's guess, and it all depends on how long this takes the league and the NFLPA to work out but if it gets done sooner we could very well see Gordon playing this season as the rules would go into affect immediately.

    B Bummie wrote on last edited by

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Also NFL is going into negotiations on the current drug policy to do two things. First is to get a system in place to test for HGH.

    Second is to... Reduce the penalty for use of pot! This might be why farmer doesn't seem as worried. If talks about reducing the penalty go through, Gordon's punishment could be reduced to reflect the new rules. What those new rules will be is anyone's guess, and it all depends on how long this takes the league and the NFLPA to work out but if it gets done sooner we could very well see Gordon playing this season as the rules would go into affect immediately.

    I would love to see this as just a fine going, maybe 1-4 games.
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    well as much as I'd like to see the dumbass get a break just because it would be good for the Browns I'd guess it would be hard for the league to give him a break while other players had to take the suspension.

    I did hear on the radio, just for mitigation purposes, some sports writer saying that he knew the kid and that he was a nice humble young man. I guess that's better than being a punk. So he's just stupid, which is better then a shitty attitude I suppose. WSS

  • B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by

    Its a shame that gordon is going to be suspended for smoking weed. The only reason i would have people abstain from weed in professional areas is because of the damn smell it leaves, but on someones off time i see nothing wrong with it. Sure rules are rules, and josh should've known, but it seems like hes just dumb enough to get caught, its been stated over and over again that a large number of players smoke weed in the national football league

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Not only in the NFL, but really in every position across the board- Across America. Everyone's done it or IS doing it. And if you haven't ever tried it because the MAN told you not to... You are a pussy and you haven't lived.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    As an active duty military member, I would lose the last 12 years of my life if i were to pop positive for any type of drug. Hell if I get an DUI i will be processed for seperation. I wish I could give these guys an easy way out, but dudes who play a sport for a living and make millions in my book, need a damn reality check.

  • Its a shame that gordon is going to be suspended for smoking weed. The only reason i would have people abstain from weed in professional areas is because of the damn smell it leaves, but on someones off time i see nothing wrong with it. Sure rules are rules, and josh should've known, but it seems like hes just dumb enough to get caught, its been stated over and over again that a large number of players smoke weed in the national football league

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @brownsfanatic said:

    Its a shame that gordon is going to be suspended for smoking weed. The only reason i would have people abstain from weed in professional areas is because of the damn smell it leaves, but on someones off time i see nothing wrong with it. Sure rules are rules, and josh should've known, but it seems like hes just dumb enough to get caught, its been stated over and over again that a large number of players smoke weed in the national football league

    Vapes are pretty much odorless. Check em out. Theyre also way better for your health.
  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    Why did this all become huge news the day after round one and go away for a week? Does anyone know what the process is for the suspension?

  • @brownsfanatic said:

    Its a shame that gordon is going to be suspended for smoking weed. The only reason i would have people abstain from weed in professional areas is because of the damn smell it leaves, but on someones off time i see nothing wrong with it. Sure rules are rules, and josh should've known, but it seems like hes just dumb enough to get caught, its been stated over and over again that a large number of players smoke weed in the national football league

    Vapes are pretty much odorless. Check em out. Theyre also way better for your health.
    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Vapes are pretty much odorless. Check em out. Theyre also way better for your health.

    I won't hijack the thread but that statement very well may not be true. It's pretty much assumed that they are less harmful but there really hasn't been a proven study on it. I've never been a smoker but those things still do put nicotine into your system although at a reduced rate. I'm sure they do help though, but I just hope it encourages people to stop smoking in any form. My dad doesn't have lung cancer thank God but years of smoking have made him have so many damn health problems, it's just saddening.

  • P Pavel2881 wrote on last edited by

    Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

  • Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @pavel2881 said:

    Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    LOL, I suppose he can now claim he tested positive because of all that second hand smoke in the room. 🙂

  • @pavel2881 said:

    Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    LOL, I suppose he can now claim he tested positive because of all that second hand smoke in the room. 🙂

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, I suppose he can now claim he tested positive because of all that second hand smoke in the room. 🙂

    Just tell them he's been driving through Colorado with the windows open...

    WSS

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Vapes are pretty much odorless. Check em out. Theyre also way better for your health.

    I won't hijack the thread but that statement very well may not be true. It's pretty much assumed that they are less harmful but there really hasn't been a proven study on it. I've never been a smoker but those things still do put nicotine into your system although at a reduced rate. I'm sure they do help though, but I just hope it encourages people to stop smoking in any form. My dad doesn't have lung cancer thank God but years of smoking have made him have so many damn health problems, it's just saddening.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    I won't hijack the thread but that statement very well may not be true. It's pretty much assumed that they are less harmful but there really hasn't been a proven study on it. I've never been a smoker but those things still do put nicotine into your system although at a reduced rate. I'm sure they do help though, but I just hope it encourages people to stop smoking in any form. My dad doesn't have lung cancer thank God but years of smoking have made him have so many damn health problems, it's just saddening.

    yeah I was speaking for cannabis, not that synthetic nicotine shit
  • Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @pavel2881 said:

    Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    Bizarre , I just trained a new hire several weeks ago that lives in that same building. what are the odds

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    Why would you want to live in downtown cleveland? Even if you work there I would not want to live there. The commute is not that bad.

  • broganreynikB broganreynik wrote on last edited by broganreynik
    DawgPoundNation.net@DawgPoundNation
    Greg Little says Josh Gordon's failed drug test "wasn't in his control, so to speak". Hmm.

    Greg Little says Josh Gordon's failed drug test "wasn't in his control"

    ???

  • DawgPoundNation.net@DawgPoundNation
    Greg Little says Josh Gordon's failed drug test "wasn't in his control, so to speak". Hmm.

    Greg Little says Josh Gordon's failed drug test "wasn't in his control"

    ???

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by

    @broganreynik said:

    https://twitter.com/dawgpoundnews/status/469672312703156225

    Greg Little says Josh Gordon's failed drug test "wasn't in his control"

    ???

    I just read about this. Three possibilities would be that instead of simply testing positive he either missed a drug test (for whatever reason), had a deluted sample, or whoever gave him the test didn't follow the proper procedures and the testing was flawed. If evidense good evidense is given for any of these reasons, there is a chance he would instead miss between half a season, to missing no time at all.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    When was that radar guns calibrated officer? Hope it works

    WSS

  • B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by BrownsFanatic

    Browns need to find any loophole to make this not happen. Its freaking weed.

  • @pavel2881 said:

    Josh Gordon lives directly 2 floors above me in downtown Cleveland. His condo is constantly blasting load terrible music and has weed seeping out of the door. F him.

    LOL, I suppose he can now claim he tested positive because of all that second hand smoke in the room. 🙂

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, I suppose he can now claim he tested positive because of all that second hand smoke in the room. 🙂

    the NFL THC tolerence levels are very generous. You are talking some serious passive inhalation here