Skip to content

Browns take Bitonio OT at 35

The Browns Board
30 20 1.7k
  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Can play anywhere on the line. Will likely play RG.

  • G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Raiders got your boy PoG.

  • SCDawg82S SCDawg82 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Must be confedent Gordon won't be gone.....

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #9

    We needed a lineman so this is a great pick. He has a kick your ass attitude.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    He'll be RT, Schwartz will move inside. This guy is better than Schwartz.

  • B Bummie wrote on last edited by Bummie
    #11

    Real agile. Quick. Will be great in Shanahans scheme. I like it. Improves 2 positions with 1 pick.

  • C Town's SoldierC C Town's Soldier wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I think we need the pieces to install shanahans offense. I dont think the browns believe we have the O-Line necessary to run the zone blocking run scheme that we are going to run. They probably just have OL higher on the draft board than WR with or without gordon for that reason. My guess is that we take receiver with the next pick, farmer has been brilliant thus far and at least im not totally confused/frustrated by Cleveland draft picks.

    Go Browns!

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #13

    I like it. We might actually be able to run the ball now.

    You guys thin Abberderis will be there at #71?

  • S sig570 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I live in Vegas and have seen this guy play a bunch if times, and he is an absolute beast. It should solve a lot of the problems on the right side and give the QB time to throw. To who is another question.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

  • B Bummie wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Might have been me. He was a guy that some said could fall because hes smaller than most at the position. I thought he was perfect for what it appears we want to do. I heard the texans take Sua Filo and was disappointed. Looking at it now, Bitonio may provide us more improvement that Filo would have.

  • Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

    SCDawg82S SCDawg82 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

    I mentioned him. I just had just read he was a freak, and had a good senior bowl. I still think Post GordonGate we needed a WR, but this should make for a nasty oline!!

  • Great pick. Fills huge hole. Macks replacement near future.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @cdl15 said:

    Great pick. Fills huge hole. Macks replacement near future.

    Polian was saying he will end up as a All-Pro Center... Apparently Polian's kid coached him.

    @bob806 said:

    You guys thin Abberderis will be there at #71?

    Yes... and unless a real WR run starts soon, so will a number of other WRs, e.g., Bryant.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

    Yup... About the same time McShay started talking him up. I had not given him a look up till then.

    I like the pick.

  • He'll be RT, Schwartz will move inside. This guy is better than Schwartz.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @unsympathetic said:

    He'll be RT, Schwartz will move inside. This guy is better than Schwartz.

    I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #20

    My second choice for this position after Xavier. No complaints from this cat.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    He'll be RT, Schwartz will move inside. This guy is better than Schwartz.

    I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

    Faulk, Gilkey, Pinkston.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

    Faulk, Gilkey, Pinkston.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by Harry Buffalo
    #22

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Faulk, Gilkey, Pinkston.

    So a UDFA, 7th round pick, and a guy who came back from a blood clot last year.

    I think our best bet for Schwartz to get replaced or just simply have a solid season from someone pushing for his spot is Faulk.

  • @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Faulk, Gilkey, Pinkston.

    So a UDFA, 7th round pick, and a guy who came back from a blood clot last year.

    I think our best bet for Schwartz to get replaced or just simply have a solid season from someone pushing for his spot is Faulk.

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @harry-buffalo said:

    So a UDFA, 7th round pick, and a guy who came back from a blood clot last year.

    I think our best bet for Schwartz to get replaced or just simply have a solid season from someone pushing for his spot is Faulk.

    Schwartz wasn't the issue ... He had to pick up the slack for Cousins who was AWFUL, then Lava came back, and he wasn't much better.

    Now, with Bitonio, Gilkey, Faulk, there is the potential for some interchangeable flexibility. We shall see.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #24

    we kind of need ILB's too though. I'm really surprised Borland and Bullough aren't off the board yet.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    So a UDFA, 7th round pick, and a guy who came back from a blood clot last year.

    I think our best bet for Schwartz to get replaced or just simply have a solid season from someone pushing for his spot is Faulk.

    Schwartz wasn't the issue ... He had to pick up the slack for Cousins who was AWFUL, then Lava came back, and he wasn't much better.

    Now, with Bitonio, Gilkey, Faulk, there is the potential for some interchangeable flexibility. We shall see.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Schwartz wasn't the issue ... He had to pick up the slack for Cousins who was AWFUL, then Lava came back, and he wasn't much better.

    Now, with Bitonio, Gilkey, Faulk, there is the potential for some interchangeable flexibility. We shall see.

    Agreed