Skip to content

My Thoughts and Opinions on the Draft

The Browns Board
63 23 2.6k
  • As fans, most are holding onto faith... But really, that's all we have had since 1999.

    Yet again, (for the billionth time)... This is what you get every regime change. New coach(s), new GM - another QB. The mili-second we feel good about ourselves, we get bombed on with the josh Gordon fiasco.

    How frustrating this is... NFL gods only give us like 18 hours of joy...and I slept through most of that...and here we are...A graded into big fat F... Unbeleivable.

    Is farmer tanking us....? Why not--- it's like "sandbagging as a salesperson"... Why risk "win now moves" when you don't need to ? Even if we go 0-16, farmers not getting fired...farmer was headed to south beach ...Haslem promised him 3-4 years, I'm sure...with the crap Haslem is into- firing farmer will be the VERY last thing the owner will do. (Old jesse would be fueling his rainbow coalition jet and aiming it for northern Ohio.)

    Bottom line... 4-12... With all the hope and change to come.

    Bermeck (this draft sucks... Someone save my post and make me eat it someday...please)

  • Above:

    If it were not for Gordon being a dumb shit and the info coming out the day after we took JF, we would be saying how this draft has been fantastic. We addressed DB with elite talent. We got a QB that could be a savior, a beast lineman, a ILB prospect that was rated very high. A small school DB that we absolutley stole in the 4th round that will be our starting FS. Even if we drafted a top tier talent WR, they usually take 2-3 years to develope anyway. So why draft one late, just because. Personally I think we bring in Holmes or Meachem for a year.

  • We just traded out of the draft?

  • Yep. We're done for this year. No receivers.

  • so what happened to our last pick?

  • We traded the pick for a 2015 6th round pick

  • so what happened to our last pick?

    @miktoxic said:

    so what happened to our last pick?

    Traded for Ravens #6 next year.

  • Last pick when to the Ravens for their 6th round pick next year.

    They drafted Michael Campanaro WR Wake Forrest

  • So we do have a little Bill B. in our FO...

    When's the presser?

  • no storm johnson? lol.

    guess they're expecting the UDFA list to be quite bountiful.

  • guess so

  • Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

  • @miktoxic said:

    so what happened to our last pick?

    Traded for Ravens #6 next year.

    @jafbf said:

    Traded for Ravens #6 next year.

    Yet another great move. This FO really earned their strips in all three days of this draft. Idiots can disagree but they are just that idiots.

  • Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    @bermeck08 said:

    Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    Yea if that is all that happend this weekend it would be a F+ which is miles above ur assessments. Go home loser!!

  • solid draft.

    if these guys pan out we will have a freakishly good defense and will finally be able to run the ball.

  • Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    @bermeck08 said:

    Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    You have no clue of what you speak. I think they will probably address the WR position with available FAs and possible roster causalities. Not ideal but its obvious the mentality of this team is moving more towards a ground and pound ball control offense anyways. Burleson will be ready for camp. They had a plan and stuck to that plan, they were not going to panic and deviate it from it.

  • Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    @bermeck08 said:

    Great end to farmers first draft... F+

    He's tanked it... For next years draft- that's the "plus"

    WR 1, pot busted

    WR 3/2 arm surgery

    And no drafted receivers... Am I missing anything ?

    That old ass steeler D gets major break week 1... Bastards

    Haslem should pull out his checkbook and sign you to be a part of the organization right away. Maybe you can be an UDFA as part of FO. Are you even a fan of the team buddy? If so you have got to be worst one I have EVER heard. Have some faith and pride in them. Not one of them has played a down in the NFL yet and you are proclaiming them to be the worst thing ever. An F? So we get the top rated CB, the top rated QB (even though I wasn't high on him, but I am behind him now that he is a Brown), a nasty OL, a ABSOLUTE STEAL with 2nd round talent CB/S in the 4th, a pretty good LB who can step in from day 1 maybe, and a good backup RB. How is that an F?

  • End the draft with 6 players. I guess I can't be mad that we manage to trade a 7th rounder for a 6th rounder next year, but it still just highlights my point, that Farmer needs to NOT do what he did this year come next draft, and that is trade away our picks just to move up a few spots. Once is fine for a special player, but you can't do that for half your draft. We end up with 6 players on 10 draft picks.

    I like all our players, but I kept seeing players that I would have liked just as much drafted at or just after picks we traded away. Deepest draft in a decade. A decade. If there was any year to use 10 picks it was this one. Any year to use 8 picks, its this one. We come out with 6 out of 10 picks.

    All the selections average out as an A right now for me. The BPA strategy gets an A from me. Farmers trading pattern gets a D, and it is only helped out because we got a 1st and 4th rounder for next year. He gets further points docked because of trading away our 7th rounder for a future pick, to a devision rival, who took a WR, when we had only selected 6 players in the draft. The only trade up that made sense was for Manziel, and even that trade was way above value. Because of that it averages out to a B for me. I'm going to call it a B- because it was the second year in the row where I watched all through the last day for no damn reason.

  • I'm one of the few on here who didn't consider our receiving corps to be missing much. We'll see how long Gordon is out for, but I believe Farmer and Co. accurately assessed the weak points of the Browns... and then proceeded to strengthen them (while also of course, adding to the draft for NEXT season).

    Gordon will be out and that sucks. But we still have some talent remaining and Gordon will return when he's allowed to do so.

    5 or 6 losses last season by about a touchdown or less. And this year we have depth at most positions, will likely have a running game (which we didn't at ALL in 2013) and have made significant additions to the defense.

    Even if one isn't a Manziel fan, one has to admit that the Browns look to be vastly improved.

    I am very happy with how the draft went down and for once I feel as though my silly optimism about my team is finally credible.

  • I'm one of the few on here who didn't consider our receiving corps to be missing much. We'll see how long Gordon is out for, but I believe Farmer and Co. accurately assessed the weak points of the Browns... and then proceeded to strengthen them (while also of course, adding to the draft for NEXT season).

    Gordon will be out and that sucks. But we still have some talent remaining and Gordon will return when he's allowed to do so.

    5 or 6 losses last season by about a touchdown or less. And this year we have depth at most positions, will likely have a running game (which we didn't at ALL in 2013) and have made significant additions to the defense.

    Even if one isn't a Manziel fan, one has to admit that the Browns look to be vastly improved.

    I am very happy with how the draft went down and for once I feel as though my silly optimism about my team is finally credible.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    I'm one of the few on here who didn't consider our receiving corps to be missing much. We'll see how long Gordon is out for, but I believe Farmer and Co. accurately assessed the weak points of the Browns... and then proceeded to strengthen them (while also of course, adding to the draft for NEXT season).

    Gordon will be out and that sucks. But we still have some talent remaining and Gordon will return when he's allowed to do so.

    5 or 6 losses last season by about a touchdown or less. And this year we have depth at most positions, will likely have a running game (which we didn't at ALL in 2013) and have made significant additions to the defense.

    Even if one isn't a Manziel fan, one has to admit that the Browns look to be vastly improved.

    I am very happy with how the draft went down and for once I feel as though my silly optimism about my team is finally credible.

    Right now we have a 2nd round bust, two speedsters coming off ACL tears, and UDFA picked for Weeden that has like 10 catches and 2-3 drops, and a career #2 WR with serious injury concerns.

    BTW the Packers just took Jeff Janis, he is their 9th selection in this draft. Hopefully they cut the kid like they did with Charles Johnson (minus the torn ACL) and we can pick him up and see what he has.