Skip to content

WR help ... Crabtree or Roddy White?

The Browns Board
72 25 4.2k
  • @walterwhite said:

    Mike Wallace - I give the Dolphins a 3rd round pick and re-negoitate his contract.

    Michael Crabtree - See above.

    Andre Johnson - I'd give up a 4th

    Roddy White - I'd give up a 3rd

    MIles Austin and Holmes are probably cashed at this point.

    Well I don't know where all of these names are coming from, but I don't think that any of them can be had for what is being said. We need to look at what the market is. We just saw Stevie Johnson get traded to the 49ers for a 4th round pick. STEVIE JOHNSON. Do you really think that Andre Johnson can be had for the same? Are we talking about the same Andre Johnson that is going to be a potential HOF? I know he is 32, but he also had over 1400 yards last season lol and you think a 4th can get him? What are you smoking? Like I said I would give up 3rd in a heartbeat for Roddy White. I would give up a 2 of them for him, do the same for Andre Johnson. I would gladly give up a 2nd for them.

    If you wouldn't rather have either one of them on this team over a Marquis Lee or anyone of the other 2nd round drafted WR's then I dont know what you are seeing.

  • So is somebody under the impression that there is an all-pro wide receiver in round six seven or undrafted? Really?

    I think they've known about this for a while and are happy Enough with Hawkins and Cooper.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So is somebody under the impression that there is an all-pro wide receiver in round six seven or undrafted? Really?

    I think they've known about this for a while and are happy Enough with Hawkins and Cooper.

    WSS

    It has happened that a Pro Bowl caliber WR can be obtained as a UDFA. Like a Victor Cruz.

    Browns do have some UDFA starters on this team. The Little Gipper for one. I believe Ben Tate was a UDFA, Craig Robertson

  • Ben Tate was a second round pick who lost his starting spot to Foster who was an UDFA.

  • Ben Tate was a second round pick who lost his starting spot to Foster who was an UDFA.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Ben Tate was a second round pick who lost his starting spot to Foster who was an UDFA.

    OK, I knew one of those was a UDFA, I just got the wrong one.

  • @walterwhite said:

    What would we have to give up for Crabtree?

    I could see using that 2015 6th we got from Baltimore to pick up either Crabtree or White. We won't be trading any players until we closer to the cut dates...

    Either way, a trade like this might not happen for a while, but it is the type of move we need to make to bring in a vet WR that can "act like" our WR1 this season just as a stop-gap.

    @thenew23 said:

    I could see using that 2015 6th we got from Baltimore to pick up either Crabtree or White. We won't be trading any players until we closer to the cut dates...

    Either way, a trade like this might not happen for a while, but it is the type of move we need to make to bring in a vet WR that can "act like" our WR1 this season just as a stop-gap.

    If Ray Farmer can pull off trading a 6th for either of those players he can likely walk on water as well.

  • I am going out on a limb and predicting we talk to the Giants about Rueben Randle. They brought in Beckham, are pretty deep at WR and I think its possible the would move him. I will get shit for this other one but I would like to look on the cheap at Ramses Barden who I think is now on cheap retainer with the Bills.

  • Im just gonna take a shot in the dark and predict that Green Bay cuts someone loose. Picked up a couple receivers in the draft and are tight on cap space if I remember right. I wouldn't mind taking Nelson off their books for the right pick. No basis for this, pure speculation. Even if Gordon stays on the roster, Nelson would be a solid number 2, even with his recurring injuries.

  • What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

    If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

  • We could always cut him if he doesn't produce because we would owe him no garunteed money. There is also the possibility of a restructure because he would have 0 garunteed money

  • @walterwhite said:

    What would we have to give up for Crabtree?

    Million dollar question. Only 1 year left on his rookie deal, some injury history. I wouldn't give more than a mid round pick.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I wouldn't give more than a mid round pick (for Crabtree).

    Why restrict the trade convo to a future draft pick? We have defensive depth that can be leveraged.

    Not that SF needs D now, but who knows down the road.

    This could be a long process...

  • What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

    If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

    If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

    Just to keep this interesting, what do you guys think is fair compensation for him?

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

    If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

    Just to keep this interesting, what do you guys think is fair compensation for him?

    @gunz41 said:

    Just to keep this interesting, what do you guys think is fair compensation for him?

    Much less than they'd be after, I'm sure.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    I wouldn't give more than a mid round pick (for Crabtree).

    Why restrict the trade convo to a future draft pick? We have defensive depth that can be leveraged.

    Not that SF needs D now, but who knows down the road.

    This could be a long process...

    @tour2ma said:

    Why restrict the trade convo to a future draft pick? We have defensive depth that can be leveraged.

    Not that SF needs D now, but who knows down the road.

    This could be a long process...

    You have to restrict it to draft picks with the 49ers cause they don't have any cap room.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Just to keep this interesting, what do you guys think is fair compensation for him?

    Much less than they'd be after, I'm sure.

    @gftchris said:

    Much less than they'd be after, I'm sure.

    I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

  • @gftchris said:

    Much less than they'd be after, I'm sure.

    I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

    @gunz41 said:

    I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

    Players are traded for picks all through the year. The Stevie Johnson trade was one that happened during the draft, but it was exclusively for pick in the 2015 draft.

  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/

    Andre Johnson? How would that be for a nice stop gap #1 WR?

    If he forces the Texans to trade or release him, he might come cheap.

  • There's always a few good players available after OTA's and cuts and I think Farmer knows that. It sounds like they are waiting (and hoping I imagine) the Gordan supsension is reversed or part of the season. There's also a lot of teams out there that show you don't need a dominant #1 to be competitive in the NFL.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

    Players are traded for picks all through the year. The Stevie Johnson trade was one that happened during the draft, but it was exclusively for pick in the 2015 draft.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Players are traded for picks all through the year. The Stevie Johnson trade was one that happened during the draft, but it was exclusively for pick in the 2015 draft.

    Yes players are traded for picks all through the year, but the value trades that people are talking about are done prior to a draft. Example: 2012- Chicago trade pick 73 (3rd round) and 3rd round in 2013 for Brandon Marshall. This was done on March 14th, the draft was end of April. There are plenty more examples of this, but that is just one. Of course people are traded for picks throughout the year, but teams want to get those picks right before the draft to use on prospects to bring into their team.

    Come on man, that really isn't rocket science