Skip to content

OFFICIAL 2014 UDFA Thread

The Browns Board
124 34 6.3k
  • Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina, signed by Browns.

  • http://www.hustlebelt.com/2014/5/10/5700786/ball-states-willie-snead-signed-by-cleveland-browns

    Good article on Snead. Seems like a very good route runner with great hands, plus he played with my homer late round QB pick Wenning. #1 MAC WR this year, was 3rd in the nation in passing yards.

  • Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina, signed by Browns.

    @osiris said:

    Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina, signed by Browns

    Are you trying to get me to squel like a girl right now, cause I'll do it.

  • Browns signed Anthony Duma, OL UMass

  • here are where the UDFA come sweet 3 WR, FB and another QB. All part of the Farmer plan

  • @osiris said:

    Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina, signed by Browns

    Are you trying to get me to squel like a girl right now, cause I'll do it.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Are you trying to get me to squel like a girl right now, cause I'll do it.

    I saw it from two different sources so squeal away! Though one of those sources is MKC so...

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Are you trying to get me to squel like a girl right now, cause I'll do it.

    I saw it from two different sources so squeal away! Though one of those sources is MKC so...

    @osiris said:

    I saw it from two different sources so squeal away! Though one of those sources is MKC so...

  • I'd be amazed if Shaw made the team

  • I think we should still look into a FA vet under age 30. We need some leadership in this receiver corps.

    @bummie said:

    I think we should still look into a FA vet under age 30. We need some leadership in this receiver corps.

    I agree & I would also like to see Skov get a shot.

    Mike

  • Me too. Bollough (spelling), skov and Jones fell out. I would take either one. Could make #3 or #4 on the ILB depth chart ahead or behind of Robertson

  • Me too. Bollough (spelling), skov and Jones fell out. I would take either one. Could make #3 or #4 on the ILB depth chart ahead or behind of Robertson

    @bummie said:

    Me too. Bollough (spelling), skov and Jones fell out. I would take either one. Could make #3 or #4 on the ILB depth chart ahead or behind of Robertson

    Bollough already got picked up by a team last time I checked a full NFL list.

  • Harry (on phone - quote button not working for me), I saw that. Suprised all three fell.

  • Both Jones and Snead look like good pick ups. Snead looks like a Welker clone with more height. I think if Jones had been invited to the combine like he should have, he would have been drafted, but since he didn't and he was just at San Jose State, he got over looked. If I were the Ravens, I would have drafted Jones over who they got with our 7th round pick.

  • wasn't jones on the failed combine piss test list?

    i think right now might not be a good time for this FO to be looking at someone with a red flag for flunking a piss test.

    keep walking.

  • I doubt we bring him in but im hoping Kenny G gets a call. If someone sees that he gets signed, post it if you will.Hoping he gets a shot.

  • Is there a list somewhere of all the signings?

  • Go to page one Mike. Theres a link there. Bleacher report app - Browns feed also streams tweets of whos been signed. We got some UMASS OL guy as well.

  • I'd be amazed if Shaw made the team

    @mld-woody said:

    I'd be amazed if Shaw made the team

    He is a very interesting prospect. He is lanky and isnt afraid to put his body on the line. He has a nice jab step to elude defenders

    He looks really thin so he may get dinged up bit I he is my favorite to make the team so fat, I really like Mike Davis from Texas.

  • WR Willie Snead, Ball St.

    WR Chandler Jones, San Jose St.

    WR Kenny Shaw, FSU

    FB Ray Agnew, Southern Illinois

    QB Connor Shaw, South Carolina

    LB Carlo Calabrese, Notre Dame

    RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama State

    TE Blake Jackson, Oklahoma State

  • Willie Snead (WR):

    Analysis

    Strengths

    Controlled mover with nice balance. Gets in and out of breaks cleanly. Runs crisp routes -- shows some savvy and subtle physicality to work himself open. Tracks and adjusts very well. Has soft, sure hands and catches naturally. Good concentration to make contested catches. Confident and competitive. Excellent two-year production.

    Weaknesses

    Lacks ideal height. Fairly monotone -- does not have explosive speed to separate vertically. Too many catches are contested. Lacks wiggle to elude tacklers and create after the catch. Did not face top-notch competition.

    Draft Projection

    Rounds 6-7

    Bottom Line

    Productive, dependable, fairly polished possession receiver with natural receiving skills. Lacks ideal size and horsepower to thrive outside, but his sure hands give him a chance to compete for a role as a chain-moving, short-to-intermediate slot receiver.