Skip to content

Trader Ray

The Browns Board
18 12 954
  • LOL. I was thinkin Bootsey for being ridicules if nothing pans out.

  • True... the jury is still out, and will be for awhile, but in contrast to our last two GMs the step change in "presence" is palpable.

    Then again it is our first truly empowered GM in years.

  • I love Farmer so far, I hated Banner and Lombardi from hello.

  • Ray is the first GM that I have had huge admiration and respect for.

    Dynamic additions to the Browns' roster.

    Should be a far more competitive team from the first preseason game.

  • Jesus Christ, the difference between Farmer and Lombanner is night and day. This draft would have been a disaster if they were still here.

  • Well, the first guy in this town with that moniker was "Trader" Frank Lane, who traded Rocky Colavito for Harvey Kuene...and to date, that may have been the biggest fuckup in the history of Cleveland Sports.

  • If you don't understand the title reference, then you haven't watched the video of his Draft Summary presser that was posted late last nite on the Browns' website. It's 25 minutes well spent...

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Ray-Farmer-2014-Draft-Summary-/fcce6286-1ad2-4d9b-b543-ad511f525f1a

    He was in a word "impressive." Not that he hasn't been before, but took it to a new level. Such an unassuming air of quiet confidence...

    @tour2ma said:

    If you don't understand the title reference, then you haven't watched the video of his Draft Summary presser that was posted late last nite on the Browns' website. It's 25 minutes well spent...

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Ray-Farmer-2014-Draft-Summary-/fcce6286-1ad2-4d9b-b543-ad511f525f1a

    He was in a word "impressive." Not that he hasn't been before, but took it to a new level. Such an unassuming air of quiet confidence...

    I'm glad I watched the video, he doesn't look like Mike Brown in my head anymore. I can erase all Mike Brown memories now.

    Zombo

  • Teams that continue to have multiple first rounders will get better, we did great in that first round.

  • I wonder if there will be a Trader Ray jersey...

  • I wonder if there will be a Trader Ray jersey...

    @tour2ma said:

    I wonder if there will be a Trader Ray jersey...

    Playoffs and there will be a statue.

    Zombo

  • Jesus Christ, the difference between Farmer and Lombanner is night and day. This draft would have been a disaster if they were still here.

    @vaportrail said:

    Jesus Christ, the difference between Farmer and Lombanner is night and day. This draft would have been a disaster if they were still here.

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

  • @vaportrail said:

    Jesus Christ, the difference between Farmer and Lombanner is night and day. This draft would have been a disaster if they were still here.

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

    Well, lets just say that yes, the circus is coming to town, but this is the circus's second act. All the clowns came and went and what we are getting now are the trapeze artists, lion tamers, and flame eaters.

    How about that?

  • @nuckin-futz said:

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

    Well, lets just say that yes, the circus is coming to town, but this is the circus's second act. All the clowns came and went and what we are getting now are the trapeze artists, lion tamers, and flame eaters.

    How about that?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, lets just say that yes, the circus is coming to town, but this is the circus's second act. All the clowns came and went and what we are getting now are the trapeze artists, lion tamers, and flame eaters.

    How about that?

    OK, I'm good.

  • @vaportrail said:

    Jesus Christ, the difference between Farmer and Lombanner is night and day. This draft would have been a disaster if they were still here.

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

    @nuckin-futz said:

    It has been said "the circus is coming to town" in reference to the Manziel selection. I say "BULLSHIT". The circus left town when Lombardi and Banner were sent packing. Watching Farmer's presser really drove home the fact that the adults are in charge now. I have to give credit to Mr. Haslam for recognizing his mistake of bringing those two turds in and taking action to bounce their asses. The best move of the entire off season was shit canning those two ass hats and promoting Ray Farmer to GM.

    I remember posting at one point that the ONLY chance Haslam had of gaining any credibility was to get rid of Banner & Lombardi BEFORE the FA & Draft periods. He did that & installed Farmer as GM. I totally agree that those were the key off season moves. Without those, we get shit in free agency & screw up the draft. We've come a LONG way, baby!

    Mike