Current WR Corps
-
Two things LBC-
1)Puff, puff, pass.
2)Don't be taking out Gordon yet. I'm sure he'll appeal and retest. The test that he supposedly failed was from over 4 months ago. If he's been clean and sober and doing the right things and he retests and passes, he good.
Gordon needs to be here. You don't walk away from potential HOFERs. There have been many who have risen to the challenge and overcame their demons, there is no reason Gordon cannot do so. Having to work with Weeden for 2 years would make you smoke the cronic like a fucking chimney too!
-
Did he pass or was he just puff, puff, puff, puff.........
-
Wasn't Charles Johnson a pick up last year from GB who is suppose to have so potential?
Ya. Last year in the draft he was very similar to this year Jeff Janis. Unfortunately when we signed him off the Packers practice squad we found he had an ACLU tear that he didn't know about so he missed the whole season.
Two things LBC-1)Puff, puff, pass.2)Don't be taking out Gordon yet. I'm sure he'll appeal and retest. The test that he supposedly failed was from over 4 months ago. If he's been clean and sober and doing the right things and he retests and passes, he good.Gordon needs to be here. You don't walk away from potential HOFERs. There have been many who have risen to the challenge and overcame their demons, there is no reason Gordon cannot do so. Having to work with Weeden for 2 years would make you smoke the cronic like a fucking chimney too!
I agree, but even if the original test showed that he had a very small the count, he brought in witnesses saying he didn't smoke but people around him were, brings in someone that says he blew smoke in face, and passes a new drug test, he is still going to miss half the season at least.
-
With the exception of Burleson the players are super young.
P.S. I am not giving too much hope for Gordon. Think he will be here at week 1? you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
-
I'm rooting for Gerald Ford. Named after our greatest president
-
Burleson does not have a broken arm, he had minor surgery to adjust the plate that was put in - is supposed to be ready and in camp day 1.
Latest I've seen on the Receiving corps is this (Krause wasn't on your list) :
Wide Receiver
Willie Snead IV- Ball State
Kenny Shaw- Florida State
Chandler Jones- San Jose State
Gerald Ford- Valdosta State
Taylor Gabriel- Abilene Christian
Jonathan Krause- Vanderbilt
Tight End
Blake Jackson- Oklahoma State
Zane Fakes, Tight End, Ball State
-
I only listed WR's in the wake of everyone freaking out that we didn't pick a WR in the draft. Some of the TE are not all receivers but are in for blocking schemes and not solely receivers.
-
1 - Hawkins
2 - Burleson
3 - Little
4 - Benjamin
5 - Jones
Not very impressive
-
Rookie tryouts are next weekend.
-
I only listed WR's in the wake of everyone freaking out that we didn't pick a WR in the draft. Some of the TE are not all receivers but are in for blocking schemes and not solely receivers.
I only listed WR's in the wake of everyone freaking out that we didn't pick a WR in the draft. Some of the TE are not all receivers but are in for blocking schemes and not solely receivers.
Understood, just pointing out that there's still activity going on.
I saw somewhere that we have well over a 100 players coming to Rookie camp, but only 90 can be in Training camp.
There's going to be a lot shuffling and competition coming up.
-
This guy looks interesting, I know the Packers were high on him :
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8615/charles-johnson
Second-year WR Charles Johnson (ACL surgery) is working on the side with trainers at Browns pre-draft minicamp.We're keeping tabs on Johnson because he's a physical freak with 4.39 wheels and an insane 11-foot-1 broad jump.The Browns also have an opening at No. 2 wideout, although they may address it early in May's draft. Johnson tore his ACL sometime between June and October of last year.He's 6'2 / 215. Apr 30 - 9:30 PM -
I'm rooting for Gerald Ford. Named after our greatest president
That's sarcasm correct?
-
I'm rooting for Gerald Ford. Named after our greatest president
And I was hoping at some point the Browns would have acquired ILB Andrew Jackson from W. Ky. He was drafted by someone else.
And, for our WR needs, we could always bring back Naman Roosevelt.
-
Here's my questions. With so many new WR's coming into the league, do you think there will be a lot of them on the waiver wire (both new and old) as we get closer to game 1?
And will staff will go for one or more of the free agents still out there?
-
Here's my questions. With so many new WR's coming into the league, do you think there will be a lot of them on the waiver wire (both new and old) as we get closer to game 1?
And will staff will go for one or more of the free agents still out there?
Here's my questions. With so many new WR's coming into the league, do you think there will be a lot of them on the waiver wire (both new and old) as we get closer to game 1?
And will staff will go for one or more of the free agents still out there?
I don't feel like I'd be going out on too much of a limb to say there will be some veteran WR talent available when cuts start getting made.
I assume we'll take a look at who becomes available. We'll more then likely be able to offer more money than most any other team as well so we have that going for us as well.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
-
Here's my questions. With so many new WR's coming into the league, do you think there will be a lot of them on the waiver wire (both new and old) as we get closer to game 1?
And will staff will go for one or more of the free agents still out there?
Here's my questions. With so many new WR's coming into the league, do you think there will be a lot of them on the waiver wire (both new and old) as we get closer to game 1?
And will staff will go for one or more of the free agents still out there?
There are going to be MANY names on the waiver wire come roster cut downs. That not only includes veterans, but even late round draft picks from teams that over drafted at the positions (The Packers come to mind).
-
I have read some good things about Jonathan Krause. He measured in shorter than what was expected, but he also ran a 4.34 40. He returned kicks and was a productive WR across from Jordan Matthews. He could be our udfa steal like Kearse from Seattle
-
I have read some good things about Jonathan Krause. He measured in shorter than what was expected, but he also ran a 4.34 40. He returned kicks and was a productive WR across from Jordan Matthews. He could be our udfa steal like Kearse from Seattle
I have read some good things about Jonathan Krause. He measured in shorter than what was expected, but he also ran a 4.34 40. He returned kicks and was a productive WR across from Jordan Matthews. He could be our udfa steal like Kearse from Seattle
I'd just counter that by saying Jones is taller, just as fast and athletic, and was the #1 WR on his team. I don't know why, all of a sudden, I am reading people be all over Krause in comparison to Jones. I think it has to do with the guys from dawgsbynature ding a quick overview of every prospect and they put Krauses pro day stats in a nice big twitter feed box while they put Jone's pro day stats just in the little paragraph they did on him.
Which isn't to say I don't find Krause interesting. Apparently the Browns gave him a $10,000 signing bonus, so they must see something in him that they like.
-
Pretty sure Krause is 5'11/6' where as Jones is 5'9. Jones is also only 180 lbs compared Krauses 215.
I like Jones but his size makes him a slot receiver and we just signed Hawkins for that. I like his potential, but I think Krause is a better prospect for us
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login