Skip to content

Greg Little Released

The Browns Board
119 54 6.4k
  • A guy who could make a catch with 3 people on him, but could not catch a 5yrd pass wide open. Best of luckk to him. Crazy Phil Taylor is the last of the Julio Jones trade. The Steelers will sign him.

    @cambridgeho said:

    The Steelers will sign him.

    That would be Cleveland's Murphy's Law wouldn't it?

    He goes to Pittsburgh and becomes Hines Ward reincarnated

  • @d-bone said:

    I love the direction this ship is starting to head in. We're not totally on course yet, but I can clearly see what our FO & coach want this team to be.

    If we get consistent QB play this year I hope the improvement in the run game outweighs the loss of Gordon and his home run threat presence.

    With consistent QB play and a seemingly vastly improved running game the offense should be better in 15 even without Gordon.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    If we get consistent QB play this year I hope the improvement in the run game outweighs the loss of Gordon and his home run threat presence.

    With consistent QB play and a seemingly vastly improved running game the offense should be better in 15 even without Gordon.

    Agreed. QB play by whomever is under center, running the damn football and playing tough, physical D are the keys, and it looks like we should expect two out of those three, with the QB part being an unknown.

  • Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

    And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

  • Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

    And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

    IF the NFL changes the policy on marijuana, I could possibly see the FO sticking it out with Gordo. But that being said, if they choose to trade him, having the Mary Jane limits lowered would help raise his trade stock a bit.

    @frenchie said:

    Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

    And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

  • Just lurking for you mik. πŸ˜†

  • I was rooting for the guy. Liked his passion hated his hands. Wish him luck just not against us. Still shoulda maybe tried tailback last year.

  • I swear this front office makes me happier and happier. I'm so glad we didn't give this guy one more shot to go out there and be awful.

  • wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

    now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

    ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

    @miktoxic said:

    wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

    now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

    ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

    LOL, seems I've gotten real unpopular with a certain segment of this board lately. There's a difference between being a fan and a fanboy.

  • wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

    now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

    ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

    @miktoxic said:

    wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

    now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

    ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

    Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

    @frenchie said:

    Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

    And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

    Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

    I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

  • @miktoxic said:

    wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

    now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

    ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

    Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

    @frenchie said:

    Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

    And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

    Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

    I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

    @tml1138 said:

    Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

    Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

    I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

    You would have to think it's looking less promising after they sign two veteran WR in less than 24 hours. Even with dropping Little, they have added 4 veteran WR this offseason. I know it was absolutely warranted to overhaul the receiving corps, but it seems like they are signing guys with the thought that Gordon will be gone all season at this point.

  • @tml1138 said:

    Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

    Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

    I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

    You would have to think it's looking less promising after they sign two veteran WR in less than 24 hours. Even with dropping Little, they have added 4 veteran WR this offseason. I know it was absolutely warranted to overhaul the receiving corps, but it seems like they are signing guys with the thought that Gordon will be gone all season at this point.

    @utzie said:

    You would have to think it's looking less promising after they sign two veteran WR in less than 24 hours. Even with dropping Little, they have added 4 veteran WR this offseason. I know it was absolutely warranted to overhaul the receiving corps, but it seems like they are signing guys with the thought that Gordon will be gone all season at this point.

    covering their asses at this point.

    it would REALLY suck if the browns of 2014 make a major jump and play at a high caliber and could make it to the playoffs but the fact that we don't have any WRs due to injuries popping up with some of these vet signings and miss the playoffs because we didn't have enough players to field at that position.

  • 70 days until training camp!

  • You had to see this one coming after the Browns signed 4 WR this offseason, not including any UDFA.

    So what does that leave the current WR depth chart looking like?

    Josh Gordon (pending suspension)

    Miles Austin

    Nate Burleson

    Andrew Hawkins

    Earl Bennett

    Travis Benjamin

    I can honestly say that I'm 100x happier with that potential WR corps than last year's.

    @utzie said:

    You had to see this one coming after the Browns signed 4 WR this offseason, not including any UDFA.

    So what does that leave the current WR depth chart looking like?

    Josh Gordon (pending suspension)

    Miles Austin

    Nate Burleson

    Andrew Hawkins

    Earl Bennett

    Travis Benjamin

    I can honestly say that I'm 100x happier with that potential WR corps than last year's.

    Didn't we stash away a WR we picked off of Green Bays practice squad last year but he had a bum knee?

  • CUT HIS SORRY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    @topdawg31 said:

    CUT HIS SORRY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Looks like I called that one right? Thank god, he killed us on third down drops.

  • @utzie said:

    You had to see this one coming after the Browns signed 4 WR this offseason, not including any UDFA.

    So what does that leave the current WR depth chart looking like?

    Josh Gordon (pending suspension)

    Miles Austin

    Nate Burleson

    Andrew Hawkins

    Earl Bennett

    Travis Benjamin

    I can honestly say that I'm 100x happier with that potential WR corps than last year's.

    Didn't we stash away a WR we picked off of Green Bays practice squad last year but he had a bum knee?

    @topdawg31 said:

    Didn't we stash away a WR we picked off of Green Bays practice squad last year but he had a bum knee?

    Charles Johnson

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/10/_browns-packers_pre-game_notes.html

  • Dropped his pink slip on the way out.

    @usfbrown said:

    Dropped his pink slip on the way out.

    Perfection...

    @frenchie said:

    Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation.

    It feels like a HC who had to game plan against Little, and never sweated it, got with a GM that was signing better WR talent and decided, "He played hard for the team for 3 years. Let's do the guy a favor and release him now."

    It does maximize his chances of catching on with another team. I wish him well...

  • Finally all the ifs, could have beens, convert him to a rbfbsafteycorner comment and threads can die along with his career. He sucked the whole time he was here. What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

  • Finally all the ifs, could have beens, convert him to a rbfbsafteycorner comment and threads can die along with his career. He sucked the whole time he was here. What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

    @jcam222 said:

    What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

    Yeah... thank God all that self-aggrandizing, individual celebration BS is behind us... πŸ™‚

  • @jcam222 said:

    What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

    Yeah... thank God all that self-aggrandizing, individual celebration BS is behind us... πŸ™‚

    @tour2ma said:

    Yeah... thank God all that self-aggrandizing, individual celebration BS is behind us... πŸ™‚

    lol!

  • I posted this elsewhere & will post it here...

    I think these guys have set a bar & performance beneath that bar will NOT be acceptable. A WR who neither runs good patterns nor consistently catches the ball would definitely be beneath that bar. As was the case with cutting Campbell & Weeden, they are sure they can better the position elsewhere. I applaud doing business far differently than it was done previously (when we weren't worth a shit!). The only way we could reverse the Browns' fortunes was by implementing sweeping & dramatic change & by God, they're doing it.

    These guys are thinking out of the box & there's not a Team in the NFL that needed that more than our Browns.

    Mike