LOL at the waiting game
-
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
-
We had to what 2 extra weeks for the draft. Which everyone hated. Now we have tryouts, then camp.. AGHH.. How do you guys sport wise deal with it? When does college games start?
I do things like...
Ridiculous 53-man roster predictions (check mine out, it's posted)
Keep an "up to the minute" 90-man roster breakdown saved in a word document (so I know exactly who is on this team and who isn't)
Refresh Twitter every 5 minutes to see if there's any Browns news
Stalk Ray Farmer at his home (just kidding)
Watch YouTube videos of all the UDFAs we just signed, only to watch all but 1 get cut in a couple months
Argue with strangers, and relatives, about the importance of having a FB when you're running a "Shanahan-style" zone-read offensive system
Talk sh** to everybody I know who is a Steelers fan (b/c this is the only time of the year we can)
Go on old Madden games for PS3 and change the Browns roster to include all the current players, including making players that weren't there before
Scheme about the best way to change the name "Couch" to "Manziel" on the back of my old jersey (and NO I won't use duct tape)
Debate with my dad about whether or not the Browns need a new... head coach, quarterback, running back, linebacker, etc...
Watch the Indians!!!
NBA playoffs - except Lebron ruined that for me the past few years, but it is always exciting
And, that's about it... other than the usual fishing, golfing, and yard work that fill my summer days...
And, f*** soccer....
I do things like...
Keep an "up to the minute" 90-man roster breakdown saved in a word document (so I know exactly who is on this team and who isn't)
Refresh Twitter every 5 minutes to see if there's any Browns news
Go on old Madden games for PS3 and change the Browns roster to include all the current players, including making players that weren't there before
lol... not sure which description is more appropriate: sick puppy or super fan...
-
I do things like...
Keep an "up to the minute" 90-man roster breakdown saved in a word document (so I know exactly who is on this team and who isn't)
Refresh Twitter every 5 minutes to see if there's any Browns news
Go on old Madden games for PS3 and change the Browns roster to include all the current players, including making players that weren't there before
lol... not sure which description is more appropriate: sick puppy or super fan...
-
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
MLS = not fun
USA vs the world in any sport (even soccer) = fun
Just think, the World Cup is a win-win for team USA. If they lose? It's soccer, no one here cares. If they win? They just beat the world at a sport that we don't care about, further proving our athletic dominance.
-
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
Just because a lot of the Americans don't dig soccer- there's a growing minority that do. I'll tune into Team USA's matches.
The rest of the world doesn't happen to think soccer is gay- time for the hatas to get with the program. The World Cup final's total viewership makes our Super Bowl look like a rerun of the Andy Griffith show by comparison in ratings.
-
I for one am pumped about the World Cup. Best sporting event in the world hands down. It may not be as big of a deal here as it should be but I guarantee if America invented it, everyone would be all in.
I'm not so much pumped about our grouping though. If we can beat Portugal and knock Ronaldo's pussy out of the tournament, I would classify that as mission accomplished.
USA is in a pool with Ghana, Germany and Portugal. If we somehow make it out of that group, we should consider it a win already.
-
Better cool it with the soccer talk or you will learn a new meaning for the term "relegation".
Just because a lot of the Americans don't dig soccer- there's a growing minority that do. I'll tune into Team USA's matches.
The rest of the world doesn't happen to think soccer is gay- time for the hatas to get with the program. The World Cup final's total viewership makes our Super Bowl look like a rerun of the Andy Griffith show by comparison in ratings.
Just because a lot of the Americans don't dig soccer- there's a growing minority that do. I'll tune into Team USA's matches.
The rest of the world doesn't happen to think soccer is gay- time for the hatas to get with the program. The World Cup final's total viewership makes our Super Bowl look like a rerun of the Andy Griffith show by comparison in ratings.
Those ratings are because all these second and third world countries watch soccer.
I doubt that within any given country the ratings for the World Cup are equal to the ratings for the Super Bowl in this country.
Maybe the countries playing for the final may approach those numbers. But otherwise, I doubt it.
I mean, the highest rating sporting even watched worldwide, ever, was when Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding went up against each other. So much for the world's taste in athletic competition.
-
Lovingly Gay said:
If America invented it they would do a much better job of hiding the corruption

Who is your sporting odds favorite to win it all? The home team, Brazil? Defending champs Spain. A neighboring S. American team like Argentina or Uruguay? Italy, who could tie Brazil for the most cups won ever?
As for the sport being the world's game, perhaps not. No team outside Europe and S. America has ever even played in the Finals in the cup. No African/Asian/N. American/Australian
-
In the words of Austin Carr: get that weak stuff out of here
(most here view the world cup as a sideshow....mild interest, no real passion for it. Maybe if the US were real contenders that could change. Unlike the UK. Is the UK a real contender? Oh...wait, correct me if I am wrong....but the UK, Great Britain don't actually field a team, nay? You have a separate team for England, and Scotland....and Wales?
Would'nt that be kind of like the USA fielding separate teams from Oh, like the Rocky Mountain states, or The South, or New England, or California?
I for one am pumped about the World Cup. Best sporting event in the world hands down. It may not be as big of a deal here as it should be but I guarantee if America invented it, everyone would be all in.
I'm not so much pumped about our grouping though. If we can beat Portugal and knock Ronaldo's pussy out of the tournament, I would classify that as mission accomplished.
I for one am pumped about the World Cup. Best sporting event in the world hands down. It may not be as big of a deal here as it should be but I guarantee if America invented it, everyone would be all in.
I'm not so much pumped about our grouping though. If we can beat Portugal and knock Ronaldo's pussy out of the tournament, I would classify that as mission accomplished.
Homo sport.
-
In fact, here is the all time record in World Cup Finals:
Brazil 5-2
Italy 5-2
Germany 3-4
Argentina 2-2
Uruguay 2-0
France 1-1
England 1-0
Spain 1-0
Netherland 0-3
Czechoslovakia 0-2
Hungary 0-2
Sweden 0-1
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login