Skip to content

NFL To Reduce Pot Discipline

The Browns Board
92 27 3.4k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Not all jobs are created equal...

    Surgeon vs. burger flipper

    Chemical Plant Operator vs. Administrative Assistant

    Commercial Airline Pilot vs. Pro Football WR

    And smoking weed in your free time while off the job would not affect your ability to do any of those.

    @mld-woody said:

    And smoking weed in your free time while off the job would not affect your ability to do any of those.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html

    Eh, I don't know. I'd rather by pilot or surgeon not be a stoner. There is some evidence that it affects motivation. I don't smoke it so I don't know but I've no idea how someone when faced with losing millions doesn't decide to stop.

  • How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year?

  • How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year?

    @scdawg82 said:

    How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year

    No Play No Pay

  • How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year?

    @scdawg82 said:

    How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year?

    I think it's without pay.

    I wonder if it affects his contract with the Browns if in fact he comes back.

    WSS

  • Tell that to your present employer who gives drug tests. Alcohol is legal, but if you come in buzzed still from the night before you could be fired.

  • I don't believe the nfl considering changing it's rules as soon as Gordon tests positive to be a coincidence. The nfl wants to see this guy play. I don't think he's going to get the full year ban.

  • So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

  • So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

    Good question!

  • I don't believe the nfl considering changing it's rules as soon as Gordon tests positive to be a coincidence. The nfl wants to see this guy play. I don't think he's going to get the full year ban.

    @jlowe said:

    I don't believe the nfl considering changing it's rules as soon as Gordon tests positive to be a coincidence. The nfl wants to see this guy play. I don't think he's going to get the full year ban.

    Was thinking the same. They might give him 4 games....but they're potentially losing a league star.
  • So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

    Like what....specifically?

    Can you illicit an example that's a similar comparison, or you gonna jump straight to ray rice and ray lewis?

    You ever get a speeding ticket or jaywalk? Fucking criminal!!!

  • @westside-steve said:

    So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

    WSS

    Like what....specifically?

    Can you illicit an example that's a similar comparison, or you gonna jump straight to ray rice and ray lewis?

    You ever get a speeding ticket or jaywalk? Fucking criminal!!!

    @choco said:

    Like what....specifically?

    Can you illicit an example that's a similar comparison, or you gonna jump straight to ray rice and ray lewis?

    You ever get a speeding ticket or jaywalk? Fucking criminal!!!

    You sound a little irate...

    (I thought weed mellowed you out)

    Did Ray Lewis get a suspension? Nope.

    Burglary, illegal possession of a firearm, grand theft auto, domestic violence, assault, statutory rape, DUI?

    Oh wait a minute, what if he made politicalLy incorrect statements.. Can that get you kicked out of the league?

    PS I've never been convicted of jaywalking.

    WSS

  • So what's your point? Besides dodging the question? Missed the point completely....on with your straw man....

  • Just get some doctor to say it eliminates the NFL's liability for TBI's (Traumatic Brain Injuries) and the NFL will legalize it in a minute.

  • I can make my point. ITS ILLEGAL. No, you dont get fired for Jay walking. Some jobs you DO get fired for a DUI. MOST jobs you DO get fired for failing drug tests. It doesnt matter if you FEEL like it shouldnt be illegal. IT IS. Here is SC we have Personal Property Tax. Its complete BS! Everything you own you have to pay taxes on JUST for owning them (my bike for example.) I COMPLETELY disagree with "Spread the wealth others didnt earn" non sense, but its the law. I gotta pay.

  • Is Gordon a dumbass? Yes, undoubtedly so. Should anyone get into trouble for smoking a bowl? No. Just because it is illegal does not make it wrong. If that were always true, then shooting Native Americans from a covered wagon in South Dakota would be considered right and good, because that is still legal there. I don't think most Americans would be happy if we went around South Dakota in a wagon, shooting indigenous peoples. However, nobody has bothered to change the law. Some laws are seriously outdated.

    I, for one, am tired of having to hide the fact that I love pot. Shit, I'm hitting the vapor pen full of hash oil right now. Would I be ripping from it if I were about to be tested? Probably not. Do I feel bad for those that choose yes and get in trouble for it? Yes. Although, if I got arrested for it, I would be in deep shit career-wise, but I take that chance. My body likes hash oil and beer much more than the opiates doctors have been trying to force feed me. Oh, and it would be perfectly legal for me to be in the depths of a dilauded binge going around in public not giving a fuck. Trust me when I say nobody wants to see that.

  • So what's your point? Besides dodging the question? Missed the point completely....on with your straw man....

    @choco said:

    So what's your point? Besides dodging the question? Missed the point completely....on with your straw man....

    Fun, right?

  • @mld-woody said:

    And smoking weed in your free time while off the job would not affect your ability to do any of those.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html

    Eh, I don't know. I'd rather by pilot or surgeon not be a stoner. There is some evidence that it affects motivation. I don't smoke it so I don't know but I've no idea how someone when faced with losing millions doesn't decide to stop.

    @downsouthkc said:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html

    Eh, I don't know. I'd rather by pilot or surgeon not be a stoner. There is some evidence that it affects motivation. I don't smoke it so I don't know but I've no idea how someone when faced with losing millions doesn't decide to stop.

    This study could also mean that those that genetically produce less dopamine are more prone to smoke weed, and not that weed causes dopamine levels to fall. This just shows a correlation, not necessarily a causation.

  • waiting for the first annual browns puffin tailgate blowout!

    hey man, where'd the cheetos go?

  • waiting for the first annual browns puffin tailgate blowout!

    hey man, where'd the cheetos go?

    @miktoxic said:

    waiting for the first annual browns puffin tailgate blowout!

    hey man, where'd the cheetos go?

    Mik you missed out on the old stadium with the (in)famous o-zone? Yeah- there was some smoking going on, and it wasn't tobacco.

  • i mention cheech and chong to young stoners i know and they just look at me like..............................................