Skip to content

Earl Bennett

The Browns Board
40 24 2.2k
  • Just reading through a few stories on the pickup and was surpised to see how many Bears fans responded to the stories and think he is a good reciever, nothing flashy but good hands. Sounds like could be good depth for the WR core.

    Personally, I have no problem with this types of guys. Give them new life on a new team and they might produce. I always think of that season Brandon Lloyd had with the Broncos. He came out of no where that year and I think he was 30 or 31. Didn't do much after that season, but if you can squeeze one solid year out of some of these guys and get you to the next off season it's win win for everybody.

  • @acmikeac said:

    Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.

    Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.

    See ya, looking for a real team to follow.

    They sign Earl Bennett and the wheels fall off your bandwagon! Hahahaha

    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out

    Not sure what the argument would be to not give Bennett a look...

    @hx214 said:

    They sign Earl Bennett and the wheels fall off your bandwagon! Hahahaha

    LOL... apparently that was one camelback just waiting for another straw.

    A moment of silence for our departed acmikeac...2...3...4... that ought to do it...

  • YEAH, YEAH!!! FUCK YEAH! OH YEAH!!! I CANT BELIEVE-LAND IT!!!

    But seriously, I don't mind it ... Especially if Gordon's issues are exaggerated. Without Gordon I'm still hoping for an Andre Johnson type splash.

  • @mike-h said:

    He was signed in Chicago because he had a rapport with Cutler from college, but it never really materialized. Not a bad player, but not a superstar.

    He's only six foot, so Im sure there will be some tears.

    What??? Where do you get this bullshi**??

    The Bears DRAFTED Bennett in the 3rd round, a year before they even signed Jay Cutler...

    @thenew23 said:

    What??? Where do you get this bullshi**??

    The Bears DRAFTED Bennett in the 3rd round, a year before they even signed Jay Cutler...

    Hey now! He writes articles for bleacher report. He knows his stuff *cough*

  • Per various sports sources.

    Thoughts?

  • I absolutely agree.

  • News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

  • News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

    Zombo said:

    News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

  • maybe this means theyve heard something about Gordon??? or maybe he just sucked...

  • maybe this means theyve heard something about Gordon??? or maybe he just sucked...

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    maybe this means theyve heard something about Gordon??? or maybe he just sucked...

    I think you answered your own question.

    Zombo

  • maybe this means theyve heard something about Gordon??? or maybe he just sucked...

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    maybe this means theyve heard something about Gordon???

    More likely one of the younger guys caught the eye of the coaching staff.

  • @acmikeac said:

    Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.

    Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.

    See ya, looking for a real team to follow.

    Later twat waffle.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Later twat waffle.

    my god, just spit out my beer. best name of the month.

  • http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/earl_bennett_released_by_cleve.html

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns must not have liked what they saw from seventh-year receiver pro Earl Bennett at mandatory minicamp last week.

    They released the veteran wideout Tuesday despite the fact they're thin at the position and awaiting the indefinite suspension of Josh Gordon.

    So, um, positive spins...one or more of the UDFA rookies must be looking amazing in practice.

  • News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

    Zombo said:

    News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

    So... we expecting acmikeac back any moment now?

  • Zombo said:

    News: Browns have terminated the contract of WR Earl Bennett

    So... we expecting acmikeac back any moment now?

    @tour2ma said:

    So... we expecting acmikeac back any moment now?

    LOL, I was thinking the same thing ...

    Zombo