Earl Bennett
-
I have also heard things, i think its true
-
I mean, Earl Bennett wasnt the worst reciever, but why does this remind me of signing Willis Mcgahee last year when we were paper thin at RB??
-
Matt Mramer on Fansided - The article is titled "Browns Options at Wide Receiver" - I pulled it up using the Bleacher Report app so I don't have a link
Earl Bennett never really got a fair shake in Chicago. He always seemed to be overlooked after being taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, sitting behind noted studs Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery last season. Bennett could be a relatively cheap investment, as he has drawn minimal interest on the free agent market.
At just over 6 feet and 200 pounds, Bennett offers solid route-running ability and a set of sure hands to the offense, something that Cleveland has been lacking for several years. While he doesnt have top-end speed, Bennett is a smart wideout and uses tools such as head fakes and quick jukes to get separation from defenders, even if they are faster or more athletic than he is.
This was on display last December, when the Bears came to Cleveland and handed the Browns a 38-31 loss, with Bennett catching a critical touchdown pass with under five minutes left in the game. Even with the Browns brass being comprised of new leaders this offseason, Clevelands front office had a chance to see first-hand the impact Bennett can have less than six months ago.
If given an opportunity to play a more substantial role in a teams offense, Bennett could be a major contributor and a valuable asset to whatever team decides to sign him.
-
-
"Pro Football Focus had him rated as the No. 72 receiver in the league in 2013" He's already better than any WR we put on the field last year with the exception of Puffy.
-
Questionable is still an appropriate word to describe why Farmer didnt at least draft one reciever.
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
-
No it isn't
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Cheerio.
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Later twat waffle.
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
They sign Earl Bennett and the wheels fall off your bandwagon! Hahahaha
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Hey! C'mon back! You forgot your tampons cum dumpster.
-
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.
Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.
See ya, looking for a real team to follow.
We will always look back fondly on the acmikeac era: May 11 - May 15th, 2014
Fare thee well, and thank you for those inspirational four days of front runner fandom.
Zombo
-
See ya JF fan, fans that follow one player are douchebags btw
-
I love when people see moves like this (see Vince Young) and assume this entails more than what it is. Vets get picked up and dropped all the time, it's the name of the game in the NFL. Just because we signed him doesn't mean he even makes it past the first round of cuts. Kicking the tires on players this time of year isn't a bad thing.
-
@mike-h said:
He was signed in Chicago because he had a rapport with Cutler from college, but it never really materialized. Not a bad player, but not a superstar.
He's only six foot, so Im sure there will be some tears.
What??? Where do you get this bullshi**??
The Bears DRAFTED Bennett in the 3rd round, a year before they even signed Jay Cutler...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login