Skip to content

Elite vs Game Jerseys

The Browns Board
21 17 1.0k
  • I am not really concerned about waiting till next year's new designs as if they are really good, I will be adding another one to my ever growing collection that goes back part of my support since the early 80's and if they look too cray I just won't add them.

    As for this current jersey, I heard someone say he would add if he got a bonus from teaching. I get a bonus coming up so that is what has me leaning towards the elite one.

    Thanks for all the remarks. 😎

  • I am not really concerned about waiting till next year's new designs as if they are really good, I will be adding another one to my ever growing collection that goes back part of my support since the early 80's and if they look too cray I just won't add them.

    As for this current jersey, I heard someone say he would add if he got a bonus from teaching. I get a bonus coming up so that is what has me leaning towards the elite one.

    Thanks for all the remarks. 😎

    @tattooedsean777 said:

    I am not really concerned about waiting till next year's new designs as if they are really good, I will be adding another one to my ever growing collection that goes back part of my support since the early 80's and if they look too cray I just won't add them.

    As for this current jersey, I heard someone say he would add if he got a bonus from teaching. I get a bonus coming up so that is what has me leaning towards the elite one.

    Thanks for all the remarks. 😎

    I had it backwards- the elite is the on field jersey. $300. The gameday is the knock off. $150. LOL when Nike got the contract they doubled the price on the knockoff- they used to run around $80. 🙁 The authentics were $225.

  • My new one is number 70, the year I graduated. Says westside on the back.

    normally I would wear 72 73, 12 or 17. Jerry Sherk Doug Dieken Don Cockroft and Brian Sipe.

    yeah I'd like to have one with the numbers sewn on.

    WSS

  • Are the browns getting new jerseys next year?

  • Are the browns getting new jerseys next year?

    @ocelott said:

    Are the browns getting new jerseys next year?

    From everything I have read we are, they should be debuting at next years draft unless the designs get leaked somehow.

    Throwbacks are the safest way to go. I also have a Joe Thomas and Joe Haden that I wear on a regular basis. I also have a Trent Richardson and two Brady Quinn jerseys that sit in the bottom of my drawer. I did cave and get a Manziel so hopefully that one isn't at the bottom of the drawer in 2-3 years.

    If I manage to make it out to Cleveland this year for a game then I will drop money on an elite but as long as you take care of the game line of jerseys they will last.

  • So anyone have a Weeden they will pay me to take? 😆

    PS-you probably could still sell a McCoy over in Asstin.

  • Only a JJ jersey....even though he was short lived. Wife grew up in state college.....so....

  • My new one is number 70, the year I graduated. Says westside on the back.

    normally I would wear 72 73, 12 or 17. Jerry Sherk Doug Dieken Don Cockroft and Brian Sipe.

    yeah I'd like to have one with the numbers sewn on.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    My new one is number 70, the year I graduated. Says westside on the back.

    normally I would wear 72 73, 12 or 17. Jerry Sherk Doug Dieken Don Cockroft and Brian Sipe.

    yeah I'd like to have one with the numbers sewn on.

    WSS

    I'd role with 70 too. I wore it all through pee wee to high school.

    But yes, safest bets are always throw backs or long term contract players.

    Or you can take a slight gamble on this jem. I assume it doesn't take too long for him to make it into the ring of honor after he retires.

    http://www.fanatics.com/NFL_Cleveland_Browns/Nike_Cleveland_Browns_Youth_Phil_Dawson_Game_Team_Color_Jersey/partnerid/8429/source/GPA_CA-1276200-5022?CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=330000530000025143

  • i'll buy the throw back and game day for my collection with correct names and numbers. for personalization just buy something you can wear out and you don't care if it gets purple shit on it or a back swag from some english patient when he falls into the drum set trying to play moby dick.

    HA!

  • Another Laundry thread?