Skip to content

Bitonio interview

The Browns Board
35 19 1.5k
  • The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    I was in Long Beach back in the day. Ship was in the Yards at the Naval Ship Yard. Bad 9 months.

  • Long Beach is a pretty good size city. like all others good parts bad parts. Whole downtown has changed quite a bit in last few years/

  • Ya. Well this was in 1977-1978. Living on a ship when it going thru an overhaul is like living in a steel mill. They had the oil rigs that looked like buildings off the coast. A couple of good Vietnamese bars we used to hang out at.

  • Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

  • Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    @tml1138 said:

    Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

  • The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

  • @tml1138 said:

    Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

    @cambridgeho said:

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

    Indeed, if they keep him at that spot.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

    @the-gipper said:

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

    Since he is so big and nasty, we shall call him "lil bit"

  • He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.

  • He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.

    @tml1138 said:

    He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

  • @tml1138 said:

    He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    Wait till Bitonio comes at Suh. 😛

  • @tml1138 said:

    He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    The-Queens.jpg

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    Queen Mary will ride him like he is just a rolling wave.

  • The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    I graduated from Wilson.. had no idea!

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    The-Queens.jpg

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    Queen Mary will ride him like he is just a rolling wave.

    @the-gipper said:

    Queen Mary will ride him like he is just a rolling wave.

    I'm sorry... I just can't call Bitonio a "queen"... even if it is after the Queen Mary. Need a better nic...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Queen Mary will ride him like he is just a rolling wave.

    I'm sorry... I just can't call Bitonio a "queen"... even if it is after the Queen Mary. Need a better nic...

    @bleedsorange said:

    I'm sorry... I just can't call Bitonio a "queen"... even if it is after the Queen Mary. Need a better nic...

    How about another big ass emeffer that was once housed in Long Beach like Bitonio:

    The Spruce Goose. Like Bitonio, it flew the coop out of Long Beach to greener pastures. ( I think it is in Oregon?)

    (That big bubble in the above photo is where the Spruce Goose used to be housed. Not sure if that bubble is still there, or if so, what it now holds.)

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Wait till Suh comes at him.

    Wait till Bitonio comes at Suh. 😛

    @bleedsorange said:

    Wait till Bitonio comes at Suh. 😛

    I'll be surprised if THIS Browns Team doesn't retaliate against that punk (Bob Golic's description) Suh if he pulls any dirty stuff.

    Personally, I'd love to hear that his new nickname is "No Knees". Goodell won't suspend him, so let his peers take him out.

    Sorry, I know I'm not right in suggesting that, but if SOMEBODY doesn't take Suh off the field, he's going to end a career for somebody, & he's going to do it with every intent to do so & Goodell will have enabled him to do so.

    I'll get off my soapbox for now. Sorry.

    Mike

  • Heard on the radio that Bitonio got his leg trapped in a pile yesterday and limped off. Wasn't around for team activities today, let's hope it's nothing serious.

  • That shit happens all the time in football.

  • That shit happens all the time in football.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That shit happens all the time in football.

    Especially to the Browns

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That shit happens all the time in football.

    Especially to the Browns

    @d-bone said:

    Especially to the Browns

    Yeah....if only other teams also had injured players.

    Can't wait to watch Sean Lee next year.