Skip to content

Bitonio interview

The Browns Board
35 19 1.5k
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Another well spoken intelligent sounding guy.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I'm delighted with the Bitonio pick. big, tough, smart, high character, quick feet, can play anywhere

    along the line, loves the game, athletic, powerful, quick punch....Huge upgrade to the locker room

    and the field... same drafting type for the Browns.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

  • Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #5

    @cambridgeho said:

    Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    i don't think it's a big deal. we all know where the accolades fall when it comes to playing the game of football. we hardly ever hear from JT or phil taylor etc. the celebrity spotlight will always be on the guys the run throw and catch the ball.

    you know the pretty boys.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    i don't think it's a big deal. we all know where the accolades fall when it comes to playing the game of football. we hardly ever hear from JT or phil taylor etc. the celebrity spotlight will always be on the guys the run throw and catch the ball.

    you know the pretty boys.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #6

    @miktoxic said:

    you know the pretty boys.

    You mean like us? 😎

    Speaking of pretty boys... Bitonio has Tom Brady's eyes... weird.

    All the draftee vids were worth a listen.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    was very impressed with everyone on that vid.

    liked pettine. think he's a perfect fit for cleveland. no nonsense, not an over-thinker and tough as nails.

    all the rookies were very humble and come off smart and determined.

    man i thought i had some strong shoulders, did you see desir's ready to pop out of that shirt?

    damn G.

  • Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @cambridgeho said:

    Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    Don't complain to use. Complain to the media.

  • I'm delighted with the Bitonio pick. big, tough, smart, high character, quick feet, can play anywhere

    along the line, loves the game, athletic, powerful, quick punch....Huge upgrade to the locker room

    and the field... same drafting type for the Browns.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm delighted with the Bitonio pick. big, tough, smart, high character, quick feet, can play anywhere

    along the line, loves the game, athletic, powerful, quick punch....Huge upgrade to the locker room

    and the field... same drafting type for the Browns.

    What Cal said.

    WSS

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

  • Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @cambridgeho said:

    Sounds like a pretty good guy. Am I the only one who feels like Justin Gilbert is not getting the respect he deserves. The guy was our #1 pick and his name isnt even in the top 5 of the threads. I just think it is sad to see.

    I for one, am more excited about the Gilbert pick than I am any of the others. Well... Desir as well. I love the idea of a revamped secondary and feel that rather quickly, it's going to help this team to a few victories this season that we normally wouldn't have had hope of seeing in the recent past.

    As per the schedule, I still only have the Browns going 6-10 this year. But that's per the tough start and giving the guys some time to acclimate themselves as a team and to the NFL.

  • The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    I was in Long Beach back in the day. Ship was in the Yards at the Naval Ship Yard. Bad 9 months.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Long Beach is a pretty good size city. like all others good parts bad parts. Whole downtown has changed quite a bit in last few years/

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Ya. Well this was in 1977-1978. Living on a ship when it going thru an overhaul is like living in a steel mill. They had the oil rigs that looked like buildings off the coast. A couple of good Vietnamese bars we used to hang out at.

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

  • Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tml1138 said:

    Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

  • The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

  • @tml1138 said:

    Someone else mentioned talking about Bitonio some more and it got me thinking about questions I had in regards to his particular position. With Thomas as the LT, does that mean Bit is automatically taking the RT position? What about the guards? I know we need help there as well. After I read articles where he said "I'll play whatever position the Browns want me to.", I took it he's a versatile guy that can play anywhere on the line?

    Just curious to know if they have a plan yet here, particularly for our new RB core...

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @cambridgeho said:

    As of right now, they are having him beef up the left guard spot. That left side is gonna be fun to watch.

    Indeed, if they keep him at that spot.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    The kid is from LBC. Went to Wilson High. one of the better schools in the area

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    So? He is from Long Beach California....and is as tough iron, and is as huge as an Ocean Liner....ergo, I have found a nickname for him:

    The Fucking Queen Mary. (does he transport troops and war brides?)

    Since he is so big and nasty, we shall call him "lil bit"

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    He looks mean as hell too. Maybe that'll translate to some intimidation on the field...lol.

    Shave and a haircut, two bits.