Skip to content

Las Vegas

The Browns Board
23 14 2.5k
  • BTW Beans; check this out

    http://www.clippersbaseball.com/

    We should catch a game together; the first round is on me!

  • Make sure you 'casino hop' ... start off at the casino next door, gamble a few bucks, grab a free drink and then head to the next and the next and the next. Grab lunch somewhere, cross the street and hop from one casino to the next on your way back. Spend within your budget, toss a couple bucks on the roulette table, cash-out your winnings and move along. Try to cover as much of the strip as possible. There is no where better to people watch, have a little fun at each stop, eat some good food, and see a lot of sights.

    If you can get over to the Rio (which is just off the strip, down Flamino blvd) they have some of the best buffets and enteratinment going on all around. The New York New York is great for something small to eat and they have a sports book (ESPN Zone).

    Have a ball bud ... that town is awesome.

  • Haven't been there for about 3 years. but check out some shows, you might be able to wrangle some

    free tickets where you are staying...

  • Vegas golf is great.

    I usually play Las Vegas Country Club...my pro can get me on there, but many of the Hotels can get you booked....not sure where you are staying...tips out about 7000 yards and slopes about 128 if i remember correctly

    The Canyons...a TPC club is fantastic....a little longer....maybe 200 yards or so and slopes about the same.....not real hard....maybe 130 from the tips.

  • Unrelated to your question, Lister; but a Vegas story nonetheless:

    New York New York has a roller-coaster over 200ft high. I'm scared shitless of heights. My buddy and friend want to go on it. Here's the conversation:

    Brother: C'MON!!! We came all the way to Vegas we gotta do as much stuff as we can.

    Buddy: Ya really, lets go.

    Me: Nope, it's too high. I don't like heights.

    Brother: I really wanna go, C'MON!!!!

    Buddy: Heh, do it for your brother. C'MON!!!!

    Me: Nope

    Brother and Buddy (in unison): HOMO!!!!

    Me: OK, Let's go

  • Listercat,

    I like the courses off the strip, like Red Rock Country Club, Angel Park, Painted Desert or Silverstone. If you want to pay big bucks try TPC Summerlin, TPC Canyon or Southernn Highlands.

    For the money, Angel Park is the best and a very beautiful course.

    Make sure you hit Encore and Palazzo. And let me know what you think of City Center's size. Lots of cranes in the air out here.

    Definitely hit Studio 54, ROC, Tao, XS, or even Tryst - at least one or two before you leave. If your wife likes to club, that is where to take her.

  • I can tell you what not to do.

    If you rent a car, don't rent a convertible.

    I was thinkin what a great idea, drivin down La Vegas Blvd in a convertible, crusin up to red rock canyon.

    It is a great idea except for one thing

    After 10 am in Vegas it is Freakin Hot and stays that way after the sun goes down.

    What a marroon I was for that idea.

  • Living where I live now, Vegas is a potential day trip. About 7 hours by car. I've got the lowdown from a bunch of people here on where to go and what to see while spending the least amount of scratch possible.

    The wife doesn't know it yet, but we're taking a 4 day sojurn there at the end of March for our 25th Anniversary. It'll be my first time in Vegas and I'm getting psyched for it.

    Doug

  • If you are staying at any of the Harrah's properties you may be able to wrangle a deal for Rio Secco

    which is Butch Harmon's home course. It's in the canyons and is beautiful. Don't worry about being

    long off the tee. The light air there adds 30 yards to you drives.

    If it's your first time there just enjoy the strip. Plenty of free stuff there to see. The Bellagio gardens

    inside the hotel and the water show out front, the pirate show at TI, the canals at the Venetian, the

    carnival show at the Rio, etc.

    P.S.-- try the breakfast buffett at Paris. It is terrific. Go around 10:30 and pay for breakfast and get

    lunch also.

  • Take half a day to go outside of tow nand visit Red Rock Canyon.

  • Living where I live now, Vegas is a potential day trip. About 7 hours by car. I've got the lowdown from a bunch of people here on where to go and what to see while spending the least amount of scratch possible.

    The wife doesn't know it yet, but we're taking a 4 day sojurn there at the end of March for our 25th Anniversary. It'll be my first time in Vegas and I'm getting psyched for it.

    Doug

    @furnier said:

    Living where I live now, Vegas is a potential day trip. About 7 hours by car. I've got the lowdown from a bunch of people here on where to go and what to see while spending the least amount of scratch possible.

    The wife doesn't know it yet, but we're taking a 4 day sojurn there at the end of March for our 25th Anniversary. It'll be my first time in Vegas and I'm getting psyched for it.

    Doug

    Congrats on the upcoming annivesary!

    Mama Roach and i made the same trip for our 25th. Vegas is great, even if you're like us and don't gamble. During our quick trip i lost $23. i put $20 on the Browns to win the Superbowl and $3 in a slot machine.

    John G mentioned a roller coaster ride. i didn't do that, but we went up that Eiffel Tower and that gave me the creeps.

    Have fun.

  • Just saw this on Cnn

    Vegas is slashing prices, might be time to recheck your deal.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/getaways/02...ref=mpstoryview

    as far rides go Ny Ny has a roller coaster that someone else mentioned

    and there is that stupid ride above the stratosphere hotel and tower

  • Ride the coaster at the top of the Stratosphere.

  • It really depends on how much you want to spend. There are a ton of great courses. The courses at Paiute are phenomenal, but it can get really cold and windy out there and if it's like that it's miserable. TPC Las Vegas (used to be called Canyons) is probably still my favorite course out there. I enjoyed Badlands as well. There are some discount sites out there that might be able to get you on last minute at a great course without having to drop a small fortune as well.

    I've played probably 20 or so of the courses in Vegas and haven't been disappointed in one yet. Some are definitely better than others but they're all very good.

    The weather is a little shaky in SoCal this week so hopefully it stays away from Vegas for you this weekend.

  • BTW Beans; check this out

    http://www.clippersbaseball.com/

    We should catch a game together; the first round is on me!

    @listercat said:

    BTW Beans; check this out

    http://www.clippersbaseball.com/

    We should catch a game together; the first round is on me!

    Man, I keep forgetting that the baby Tribe is now in Columbus!

    Beanpot

  • Thanks to all; Mrs Lister and I are here in sunny; chilly Vegas!

    Really horrid flight in last night; there was a medical emergency aboard and it was simply horrid...that said; however, we are here!!!

    Mrs Lister and I are heading out to NY NY and to just walk around this morning to check out the sites...even though it is 50 I still may get in a round. My better half wants to play cards

    My one buddy told me of this place called The Gun Store where I can do some really cool target shooting

    Again, thanks to all and I will chat with you when I stumble back in

  • Although I can't tell you much about the golfing I can tell you about Vegas Casinos and attractions.

    Buffet?...I have to agree...the RIO has the BEST!

    DO NOT RENT A CAR unless you want to deal with all the Vegas Traffic and one way streets! The have a million Taxi's and a light rail system that runs up and down the strip

    Go to as many Casinos as you can and take tons of pictures! You will be amazed at the lavish decors in each and every one of them.

    Go to the shops at Ceasers...If anything but to see where rich people shop and look at $80k watches...

    DOWNTOWN AT NIGHT IS A MUST SEE!....Go down to Freemont St! They have a great light show!

    See a topless show! ....They aren't sleazy and they are what made the "vegas showgirl" famous!

    Go to MGM and see the Lions

    Ride the Coaster at New York, New York

    Go to the top of the Stratosphere..

    Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris

    Go for a Gondola ride at the Venetian

    Watch the Carnivale show at the RIO

    watch the Mirage Volcano

    Watch the Bellagio fountain show

    Watch the Pirate show at Treasure Island

    All of these things are free!.....Have fun and enjoy!

  • I like to collect all the business cards people hand out at night. 😉

  • LOL @ "business cards".....why do they flick em>????