Skip to content

Schedule Poster

The Browns Board
20 11 918
  • Can't help you there. I've never tried watching anything on the computer.

  • Can't help you there. I've never tried watching anything on the computer.

    @mark-o said:

    Can't help you there. I've never tried watching anything on the computer.

    Just did a little research and unfortunately you can only have one viewer at a time. Damn. What a cashcow DirecTV has.

  • Thanks for the tips. I will look for that $100 for Browns games possibility as the season nears. I don't follow the cowgirls or the texians anyway. I never drink and drive so a sports bar is out. Losing a good friend to a drunk driver spoiled me on that forever.

  • Just did a little research and unfortunately you can only have one viewer at a time. Damn. What a cashcow DirecTV has.

    But one can watch it on real TV and the other stream it.

  • Thanks for the info! Its incredibly unpopular being a Browns fan here, which I love! You'll stop in a restaurant or mall and talk to a complete stranger if you see them with a browns hat.

  • my friends respect the fact that i'm a fan of a team that hasn't done much in decades. other people are amazed that i 'still' root for the browns. i've only met one other fan since being in NY and that was in the city by chance. before NY i lived outside of boston for years and was even more of a standout. after leaving ohio in 1980 i've prob met 2 or 3 people that even know what is relevant with the browns.

    of course that's all changed now.

  • The steaming was always offered at additional charge...

    Whatever y'all decide, just don't take any DTV deal over one-year (in the past they've always been year-to-year with "automatic renewal") as this coming season is the last of their current NFL deal. AT&T has even made an offer to buy DTV contingent on DTV retaining the Sunday Ticket package.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And a related question. Is there a good website to watch Browns games that are not televised nationally?

    I'm deciding whether to get Direct TV "Sunday Ticket" unless I can find a good website.

    There is a site, but it's not going to be HD and you need to make sure your virus protection is up to date and working great. It's free, but not exactly legal as far as I know. I've used it for years to stream games and haven't really had an issue.

    I can't post the link here for several reasons, but you can PM if you want it. Honestly, if you can afford Sunday Ticket, go with that.

    @utzie said:

    There is a site, but it's not going to be HD and you need to make sure your virus protection is up to date and working great. It's free, but not exactly legal as far as I know. I've used it for years to stream games and haven't really had an issue.

    I can't post the link here for several reasons, but you can PM if you want it. Honestly, if you can afford Sunday Ticket, go with that.

    Or you can down load ad blocker. The big problem with those sites is they spam you with pop ups and the pop ups are what try to download things onto your computer. Ad Block is free and it stops pop ups and ads that play during videos.

  • the worse thing with those 'free' sites somewhere on some island that the FBI can't F with is the delay.

    i like to go to the tavern here on the board if i'm not out watching the game. of course it's jets or giants so i have in the past used one of those sites while simultaneously in the tavern where people are watching the game live and you already know the outcome of the play before you get to see it.

  • the worse thing with those 'free' sites somewhere on some island that the FBI can't F with is the delay.

    i like to go to the tavern here on the board if i'm not out watching the game. of course it's jets or giants so i have in the past used one of those sites while simultaneously in the tavern where people are watching the game live and you already know the outcome of the play before you get to see it.

    @miktoxic said:

    i like to go to the tavern here on the board if i'm not out watching the game. of course it's jets or giants so i have in the past used one of those sites while simultaneously in the tavern where people are watching the game live and you already know the outcome of the play before you get to see it.

    Ah... that's the reason... I always assumed you were just a bit "slow".

    DTV is also a beat slower than network feed via a cable or airwaves...