Browns 2nd Round Pick
-
Good pick in Smith. I forgot about him. If he runs sub 4.4 at the combine he will be gone in the first round, for sure.
-
So, what if S. Jones walks as a UFA and Adams walks as a UFA, but we resign Holly, still want a CB in round 2? What are we going to do for a Safety?
What if they decide to release Lewis because of his salary, would RB be a priority in round 2?
MY point is that shound like reasonable choices depending on how the team is set up on draft day and how many picks we have. So, FA will define our "must have" positions - VS - our "need positions" compared to "best available" players on the board.
-
if S. Jones leave to free agency, I'd say go after Roy Williams from Dallas.
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
-
Agreed on first day OL...but if we really want Quinn to succeed they will go RB Shonn Greene
-
I would love for us to pick up Shonn Greene in the 2nd.
-
Damn..my youtube insertion sucked!!
We may need the thread with youtube directions back up...doh!
-
I think CB's can be found through FA or in later rounds of the draft. I'd like to see our high draft picks used for LB's and skill players.
-
Damn..my youtube insertion sucked!!
We may need the thread with youtube directions back up...doh!
Damn..my youtube insertion sucked!!
We may need the thread with youtube directions back up...doh!
We've pinned the thread explaining how to add Youtube video to the top in the page.
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
I agree and most of the mocks that I've seen don't have the first center coming off the board until after the Browns in round 2. I think the one team that could nab the top center in the draft before us is Pooburgh with the last pick in round one. Getting a bad ass center in there to compliment JT and Steinny would solidify our line for years to come.
-
Sintim/Matthews/Greene/Jennings/English
One of those 5
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
Bmac would make an ungodly safety Thomas and Steinbach work well together tucker is ok shaffer is nothing but an average backup but fraley is barely even feasable at center imho we need a new center in a really bad way...
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
You cannot possibly be serious with that. You want 5-10 195lb McDonald playing a saftey position?
-
watching the shawn greene highlight video i'd be looking at some of them o-lineman more than greene. wow did you see the holes he gets to run through. Id be a little leiry on drafting a guy running through them holes.
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
That's if we go Jenkins in the 1st.
In the second...some of those backer prospects are going to be there if we "have" to go that route if we haven't picked up a FA or two.
To me, the ideal in this round would be to get our center...we will have our pick, and there are 2-3 who are going to be top quality NFL linemen.
I just remember how bad our O-line was...and it isn't getting any better with age and injury creeping up and no real depth to speak of.
Anybody who likes Quinn and thinks he will be a good qb better hope we get back to selecting a day one O-lineman every couple of years.
Thomas is stud...Steinbach is good....Fraley is ok but a guy who once his game leaves him, it will go overnight...no slow decline with that guy....RG....pffft........Tucker...at the end of the line...Shaffer....pretty average.
I agree and most of the mocks that I've seen don't have the first center coming off the board until after the Browns in round 2. I think the one team that could nab the top center in the draft before us is Pooburgh with the last pick in round one. Getting a bad ass center in there to compliment JT and Steinny would solidify our line for years to come.
I agree and most of the mocks that I've seen don't have the first center coming off the board until after the Browns in round 2. I think the one team that could nab the top center in the draft before us is Pooburgh with the last pick in round one. Getting a bad ass center in there to compliment JT and Steinny would solidify our line for years to come.
I agree 100%. Just another reason this staff and FO has to get creative and find a way to get more draft picks.
-
Brandon McDonald played safety in college.
McDonald seems to struggle when his back is to the action. Put him at free safety and that wouldn't be much of a problem like it can be at corner.
I think he has the toughness for the position...though he may not be as big as you would want, I think he would do a good job acting as a centerfielder getting to the ball....he has the range.
You cannot possibly be serious with that. You want 5-10 195lb McDonald playing a saftey position?
Masters said:
You cannot possibly be serious with that. You want 5-10 195lb McDonald playing a saftey position?I wouldn't say it if I wasn't serious.
-
@shepwrite said:
McDonald's a great tackler. Bob Sanders is 5'8", Ed Reed is 5'11". Put him next to a bigger guy and I'd be all for a safety who can cover.It's not the height, it's the weight. Both of the guys you mention also have 20 pounds on McDonald.
There is no way the guy could ever play safety in the NFL. Not even on the free side. He's a good tackler for a corner that has a rather slight frame.
You want a safety to be able to cover but he still has to take a pounding as well. He has to be able to lower his shoulders and take on a block and/or a tailback in the open field. Mcdonald, while a good tackler, does it almost exclusively buy ankle tackling. A typical corner.
-
watching the shawn greene highlight video i'd be looking at some of them o-lineman more than greene. wow did you see the holes he gets to run through. Id be a little leiry on drafting a guy running through them holes.
nmills said:
watching the shawn greene highlight video i'd be looking at some of them o-lineman more than greene. wow did you see the holes he gets to run through. Id be a little leiry on drafting a guy running through them holes.I'm always leery of running back highlights with gaping holes created by OL, but he shows a nice burst before the hole collapses in alot of those highlights. He also shows good vision and he looks to have the right kind of "game speed" for an NFL running back.
I'm liking this kid more and more as time goes on. What intrigues me most is that he is not afraid to lower his shoulder and deliver a hit and run some people over. It would be nice to see someone in orange and brown doing that in the AFC North.
-Al
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login