Off to an interview
-
Good luck to you. What very little I know of GC work would be residential...and that means working on my own house. Lol. Doing a complete basement project that includes a full bath and kitchenette, so it's basically like building a small house (besides the roof). I've even had to have some foundation work. Finding the right people to do the work outside of what I'm doing myself, and then finding the right products for the job....it sucks! And I'm sure what I've done pales in comparision to everything you do as a GC.
I hope you find what you're looking for...
-
cost of living in ohio is way less than LA or NYC. if you can move to ohio and make even close to what you were making in those big markets you'll be living like a king.
-
Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.
You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.
Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.
Sorry for my tidbit burst post.
-
Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.
You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.
Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.
Sorry for my tidbit burst post.
Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.
You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.
Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.
Sorry for my tidbit burst post.
Cmon man! This is the age of the internet. You don't need to live in the same state for news coverage. There are plenty of web sites, apps, and other things you can get your info from!
I love the Browns and my family in Ohio, but not nearly enough to move from sunny Florida. I love Orlando. I can be outdoors almost year round.
-
know a bunch of people in the biz. you CAN make money doing the GC thing but it's much more stressful and not the same security as working for someone else (depending on the co., i guess).
i think MLD woody was going to michigan for structural engineering.
anyhoo, give 'em hell!
know a bunch of people in the biz. you CAN make money doing the GC thing but it's much more stressful and not the same security as working for someone else (depending on the co., i guess).
i think MLD woody was going to michigan for structural engineering.
anyhoo, give 'em hell!
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
-
know a bunch of people in the biz. you CAN make money doing the GC thing but it's much more stressful and not the same security as working for someone else (depending on the co., i guess).
i think MLD woody was going to michigan for structural engineering.
anyhoo, give 'em hell!
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
Good luck to the OP as well.
Ditto... hope the interview went well. Did it?
-
Think it went well. had them laughing a few times. worked along with their company on some large projects before in the past.
-
Think it went well. had them laughing a few times. worked along with their company on some large projects before in the past.
-
just tell them you're a browns fan.
you'll be a shoe in.
-
-
just tell them you're a browns fan.
you'll be a shoe in.
Believe it or not, I talked to my current boss about the Browns for a solid 15-20 minutes during my initial interview for a co-op a few years ago. It was during the 2012 preseason and we talked about Richardson and Weeden being the future of the team... lol
-
Always worth that pity spot for the 2nd round interview
This was my final interview I think. first one was Tuesday.
-
Oh well then, if they feel bad enough about you being a Browns fan, maybe you'll get a special signing bonus lol
-
know a bunch of people in the biz. you CAN make money doing the GC thing but it's much more stressful and not the same security as working for someone else (depending on the co., i guess).
i think MLD woody was going to michigan for structural engineering.
anyhoo, give 'em hell!
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
Well there's a few of us here in the engineering field then. I graduated from Kent State with Associates in MET in 1995, went back for a 2+2 Bachelor received in 2004.
-
Always worth that pity spot for the 2nd round interview
exactly.
also got the loyalty thing going for you.
-
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
Well there's a few of us here in the engineering field then. I graduated from Kent State with Associates in MET in 1995, went back for a 2+2 Bachelor received in 2004.
-
I just graduated from Michigan with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm going to work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a large company a lot here have probably heard of. You weren't that far off though.
Good luck to the OP as well.
Well there's a few of us here in the engineering field then. I graduated from Kent State with Associates in MET in 1995, went back for a 2+2 Bachelor received in 2004.
-
-
Don't you know? Engineers rule the world
When they can keep on the tracks.
When do you graduate?
1970, 1976, 1980.......oh, you weren't asking everyone?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
