Skip to content

Off to an interview

The Browns Board
72 24 2.0k
  • nerds.

    (just kidding).

  • nerds.

    (just kidding).

    @miktoxic said:

    nerds.

    (just kidding).

    I don't mind.

  • I just got the call and I am hired!!!! start Monday!!!! holy fuck I am happy. Lost my ass with my company. Have been phasing it out.

  • Congratulations!

  • The Browns Board successfully advances another career.

    Zombo

  • I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.

  • I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.

    Love it when engineering departments get shipped to india and korea. happened to me before.

  • The Browns Board successfully advances another career.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The Browns Board successfully advances another career.

    Zombo

    HA!

    intern here, get hired there.

  • Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.

    You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.

    Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.

    Sorry for my tidbit burst post.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.

    You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.

    Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.

    Sorry for my tidbit burst post.

    Why in the hell would you want to move back to Ohio? i

  • If your wife is from California she will hate it here

  • If your wife is from California she will hate it here

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If your wife is from California she will hate it here

    My wife brings it up. we have about 220k equity in our house. Schools are shit here. people are the worst. weather is great but...... to commute 10 miles here takes 1/2 to one hour. Her friend just moved to south of cinci and she is a full cali girl/former model lookin check. she is bitching about the humidity right now but she is adjusting to it. They bought a house there that is equivalent of a mansion here

  • The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.

  • The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.

    I know this and explained it to her. She is half philipino and Irish. stubborn as hell.

  • Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.

  • Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.

    I know ohio is a great state.

  • Congrats Mike!

  • I had my little GC company and made okay money after I got laid of in 2012. in October had some bad employees that resulted in a lot money lose. Had to redo a lot of things. So come November I was not bringing any money home that I should. the last 2 months I have been doing most of the work myself with some minimal help. lost some proposal contracts that were verbally givin to me. couple of signed ones. For my little company I was set to bill about 20 grand a month. 20 percent take home. Not much money. but was working on my own growning and shit went bad.

    The wife had fits about it and was bitching a storm (don't blame her, so now she can shut her trap. Its better for my family and my sanity. I aged like 5 years in a year and half. too many gray hairs. I feel a lot more at ease now.

    Thank you guys. Have been on this board and it has been great!

  • I have to start all over and I am happy with it. Be like a rising phoenix out of the ashes right? So when does fucking football start again!!!!! GO BROWNS.

  • Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.

    No offense diehard but you are old and retired. You don't have to worry about job prospects or schools or interesting things to do.

  • I like Ohio and want to come back for work.

    Congrats as well OP