Off to an interview
-
I had my little GC company and made okay money after I got laid of in 2012. in October had some bad employees that resulted in a lot money lose. Had to redo a lot of things. So come November I was not bringing any money home that I should. the last 2 months I have been doing most of the work myself with some minimal help. lost some proposal contracts that were verbally givin to me. couple of signed ones. For my little company I was set to bill about 20 grand a month. 20 percent take home. Not much money. but was working on my own growning and shit went bad.
The wife had fits about it and was bitching a storm (don't blame her, so now she can shut her trap. Its better for my family and my sanity. I aged like 5 years in a year and half. too many gray hairs. I feel a lot more at ease now.
Thank you guys. Have been on this board and it has been great!
-
I have to start all over and I am happy with it. Be like a rising phoenix out of the ashes right? So when does fucking football start again!!!!! GO BROWNS.
-
Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.
Don't believe him. This is a good state. I've lived all over the world. You will like it here.
No offense diehard but you are old and retired. You don't have to worry about job prospects or schools or interesting things to do.
-
I like Ohio and want to come back for work.
Congrats as well OP
-
I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.
I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.
Was that directed at me? My feelings... My feelings..
However will I consider myself successful if the cranky, old, senile man doesn't think I am?
I also have some experience under my belt, bub
-
Silly engineers, going to school all those years....
Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.
All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....
But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...
The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.
Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep

-
Silly engineers, going to school all those years....
Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.
All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....
But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...
The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.
Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep

GuNNerGatSKy said:
Silly engineers, going to school all those years....
Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.
All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....
But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...
The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.
Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep

"if i knew then what i know now................."
-
Don't you know? Engineers rule the world
Yup... home grown, Case ChemE here...
-
Don't you know? Engineers rule the world
Yup... home grown, Case ChemE here...
-
GuNNerGatSKy said:
Silly engineers, going to school all those years....
Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.
All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....
But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...
The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.
Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep

"if i knew then what i know now................."
-
The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.
The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.
Depressed how? Economically or emotionally?
-
I just got the call and I am hired!!!! start Monday!!!! holy fuck I am happy. Lost my ass with my company. Have been phasing it out.
-
-
Congrats, Mike.
-
Don't you know? Engineers rule the world
When do you graduate?
2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.
-
Don't you know? Engineers rule the world
When do you graduate?
2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.
2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.
Yeah I think Cincy basically invented the co-op program. My dad got his engineering degree there so it was one of the schools I looked at.
I did one "co-op" the winter of my Jr year. It was really just like an internship in the winter though, since I only did one rotation there. Its weird working when all of your buddies are at school
-
2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.
Yeah I think Cincy basically invented the co-op program. My dad got his engineering degree there so it was one of the schools I looked at.
I did one "co-op" the winter of my Jr year. It was really just like an internship in the winter though, since I only did one rotation there. Its weird working when all of your buddies are at school
Yeah I think Cincy basically invented the co-op program. My dad got his engineering degree there so it was one of the schools I looked at.
I did one "co-op" the winter of my Jr year. It was really just like an internship in the winter though, since I only did one rotation there. Its weird working when all of your buddies are at school
Yeah, they did invent it. It definitely helped persuade me to go here. Considering that I've basically had a job locked up after graduation since the Fall of my 2nd year, I think it's worked out pretty well.
-
My only concern with a full on co-op program is that you're sort of committing to a company for your next 3 (or however many) work rotations only as a Soph (or earlier). I changed my mind a few times about what I actually wanted to do as I went through school. Getting 3 work experiences at 3 different companies in 3 different positions helped.
That just scared me away fr the idea at Michigan (which has no formal program. It isn't required and the one I did do I got no credit for it.... Bastards)
-
My only concern with a full on co-op program is that you're sort of committing to a company for your next 3 (or however many) work rotations only as a Soph (or earlier). I changed my mind a few times about what I actually wanted to do as I went through school. Getting 3 work experiences at 3 different companies in 3 different positions helped.
That just scared me away fr the idea at Michigan (which has no formal program. It isn't required and the one I did do I got no credit for it.... Bastards)
My only concern with a full on co-op program is that you're sort of committing to a company for your next 3 (or however many) work rotations only as a Soph (or earlier). I changed my mind a few times about what I actually wanted to do as I went through school. Getting 3 work experiences at 3 different companies in 3 different positions helped.
That just scared me away fr the idea at Michigan (which has no formal program. It isn't required and the one I did do I got no credit for it.... Bastards)
Well, you aren't really committed to a place, per se. It's "highly recommended" that you stick with a company for more than one rotation, but I know a few people who have worked for 3 different companies in their first 3 terms for various reasons. I also know people who have really enjoyed their first company and are heading for 5/5 terms plus the full-time job.
I just really like that, because it's mandatory here and everyone knows it, a lot of companies are really supportive of co-ops and make an effort to come and recruit here. It makes finding a job pretty easy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login