Skip to content

Latest round of OTA interviews

The Browns Board
62 20 3.6k
  • The whole "signing things for money" may have helped as well....

    ... Then doing to "show me the money sign" all the time. Basically saying "The NCAA knows it is in their best interest to ignore that whole ruke breaking thing. I'm gonna flaunt that shit. Some will call it 'moxy', 'swagger', etc. I'm the best"

    Just saying, he's not exactly "Poor old JF" just trying to live his life and play football.

    If only Dez Bryant was that lucky...

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @mld-woody said:

    The whole "signing things for money" may have helped as well....

    ... Then doing to "show me the money sign" all the time. Basically saying "The NCAA knows it is in their best interest to ignore that whole ruke breaking thing. I'm gonna flaunt that shit. Some will call it 'moxy', 'swagger', etc. I'm the best"

    Just saying, he's not exactly "Poor old JF" just trying to live his life and play football.

    If only Dez Bryant was that lucky...

    That's not what the "money sign" means but I agree with your sentiment on the NCAA. Dez did luck out, the OSU allegations didn't come out until after he was drafted, although they weren't much for allegations. College kids in a small town where the population doubles when schools in session drink, fuck, and smoke in access? That's just unheard of. Hell I got shit canned and laid on my overnight visit to OSU and my highest athletic achievement was B league intramurals.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Dez had dinner with Deion Sanders then lied to the NCAA about it and got a 10 game (the rest of the season) suspension...

  • @mld-woody said:

    I don't even care about his vacation that much. My dislike of JF started with the NCAA violations and how he handled them. It continues now thanks to posters that think he is football Jesus

    What NCAA violations?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #43

    TyperWoods said:

    What NCAA violations?

    The whole signing autographs for money thing. He got suspended for 1 half. So the NCAA was sort of admitting he did something, but then wasn't that punished. Texas A&M totally said they had no evidence though... So...

    I'm guessing Auburn didn't have any evidence about Can either (though these aren't equal in severity)

    The whole thing just played to the pattern of the NCAA ignoring or giving out weak punishments to their powerhouse teams. Especially in their darling conference, the SEC.

    There are plenty of instances of the NCAA just fucking up investigations and sanctions though. I'd love for them to go through all of the SEC schools (and every other) and actually clean up the dirty side of the sport and recruiting. Instituting national rules for recruiting, instead of each conference doing their own thing (with some less strict than others) would be great too.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #44

    I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    Kyler Murray, 5* QB considered the nations best this coming year, says he has talked to JM before committing to Texas A&M 2 days ago. If he called to get the opinion of the former Heisman trophy winner, does that make it illegal? That would seem pretty far fetched, even for the NCAA.

    I found this article so apparently it is a violation-how silly can you get!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354094/article/johnny-manziel-helps-texas-am-land-fivestar-qb-recruit

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I'm not even sure if the dinner itself was illegal. Or maybe Deion was considered a booster?

  • L LovesJohnnysWood wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Dinner with Deon wasn't illegal.

    Dez lying about it was what got him in trouble.

    As for the NCAA, they couldn't prove anything so they suspended him for 1 half so they wouldnt have to open the Bridgewater/Clowney/Boyd can of worms of them doing the same thing. Hate the NCAA for that, not JFF.

    I agree the NCAA is not a just organization.

  • I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    Kyler Murray, 5* QB considered the nations best this coming year, says he has talked to JM before committing to Texas A&M 2 days ago. If he called to get the opinion of the former Heisman trophy winner, does that make it illegal? That would seem pretty far fetched, even for the NCAA.

    I found this article so apparently it is a violation-how silly can you get!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354094/article/johnny-manziel-helps-texas-am-land-fivestar-qb-recruit

    L LovesJohnnysWood wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    Kyler Murray, 5* QB considered the nations best this coming year, says he has talked to JM before committing to Texas A&M 2 days ago. If he called to get the opinion of the former Heisman trophy winner, does that make it illegal? That would seem pretty far fetched, even for the NCAA.

    I found this article so apparently it is a violation-how silly can you get!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354094/article/johnny-manziel-helps-texas-am-land-fivestar-qb-recruit

    Is Aggie legend Kevin Murray illegal for Kyler to talk to also? LOL.

    Kevin is Kylers father.

  • I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    Kyler Murray, 5* QB considered the nations best this coming year, says he has talked to JM before committing to Texas A&M 2 days ago. If he called to get the opinion of the former Heisman trophy winner, does that make it illegal? That would seem pretty far fetched, even for the NCAA.

    I found this article so apparently it is a violation-how silly can you get!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354094/article/johnny-manziel-helps-texas-am-land-fivestar-qb-recruit

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    and what makes someone illegal to talk to? former players? someone connected to the school (alums)?

    stupid. i guess if the ncaa feels that the player is somehow looking to make money off of something in the present or future, it is wrong.

    a lot of us buckeye fans still have a bad taste in our mouth with the ncaa.

  • Dez had dinner with Deion Sanders then lied to the NCAA about it and got a 10 game (the rest of the season) suspension...

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @mld-woody said:

    Dez had dinner with Deion Sanders then lied to the NCAA about it and got a 10 game (the rest of the season) suspension...

    Damn I forgot about that. I must've blocked that one out.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I understand that the NCAA got Dez for lying, but I don't understand why it was illegal to talk to Dion Sanders. Is he now an agent?

    and what makes someone illegal to talk to? former players? someone connected to the school (alums)?

    stupid. i guess if the ncaa feels that the player is somehow looking to make money off of something in the present or future, it is wrong.

    a lot of us buckeye fans still have a bad taste in our mouth with the ncaa.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @miktoxic said:

    and what makes someone illegal to talk to? former players? someone connected to the school (alums)?

    stupid. i guess if the ncaa feels that the player is somehow looking to make money off of something in the present or future, it is wrong.

    a lot of us buckeye fans still have a bad taste in our mouth with the ncaa.

    The selling memorabilia rule is kind of dumb, I agree. Pryor just bounced anyway though.

    The real damage was done by Tressel playing players he knew were ineligible then lying to the NCAA about it. Considering Tressels track record at OSU (and YSU) before that point, I'd say your punishment wasn't that bad

  • @miktoxic said:

    and what makes someone illegal to talk to? former players? someone connected to the school (alums)?

    stupid. i guess if the ncaa feels that the player is somehow looking to make money off of something in the present or future, it is wrong.

    a lot of us buckeye fans still have a bad taste in our mouth with the ncaa.

    The selling memorabilia rule is kind of dumb, I agree. Pryor just bounced anyway though.

    The real damage was done by Tressel playing players he knew were ineligible then lying to the NCAA about it. Considering Tressels track record at OSU (and YSU) before that point, I'd say your punishment wasn't that bad

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @mld-woody said:

    Considering Tressels track record at OSU (and YSU) before that point, I'd say your punishment wasn't that bad

    i liked what he did at YSU and OSU even though he ignored a lot of shit going on right under his nose. the guy was a winner you can't argue that. give me any coach in college football and i'm sure we could dredge up some shit that isn't kosher.

    but all in all you're right about the punishemnet. plus we got myer now. another straight-laced do it by the books coach (lol).

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I appreciate the lol in parentheses there.... Haha

    I'm not on the side to say "so what, we won games. That's all that matters". I want to do it the "right way". Or at least "more right" then some powerhouses now

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by gftChris
    #53

    Today's OTA stuff -

    Manziel picked off by Whitner

    Manziel picked off by Haden

    Gilbert not practising

    Austin in full practise

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/cleveland_browns_otas_practice_2.html

  • 2006EE2 2006EE wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Mainziel threw best pass of practice.

    Hoyer picked off by Poyer

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #55

    so the actual on the field practice only lasts 1hr 45 mins?

  • Mainziel threw best pass of practice.

    Hoyer picked off by Poyer

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @2006ee said:

    Mainziel threw best pass of practice.

    Hoyer picked off by Poyer

    hilarious.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #57

    2006EE he don't like you anymore.

  • @2006ee said:

    Mainziel threw best pass of practice.

    Hoyer picked off by Poyer

    hilarious.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @miktoxic said:

    hilarious.

    ?? The guy literally just updated what I posted with newer comments from the twitter feeds of the journos watching.

  • @miktoxic said:

    hilarious.

    ?? The guy literally just updated what I posted with newer comments from the twitter feeds of the journos watching.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @gftchris said:

    ?? The guy literally just updated what I posted with newer comments from the twitter feeds of the journos watching.

    yep. he literally updated what he wanted to post. didn't mention the 2 interceptions by manziel, just the one by hoyer. didn't mention the positive comments about hoyer, just "the best pass of the day" (as per a journalist, not by a coach) by manziel.

    if you want to report something, report it all, not just a smidgen to make your guy look great and someone else look bad, which was not the case at all.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    "The competition does not begin until Training Camp." - Kyle Shanalanadingdong