Skip to content

Jimmy Graham

The Browns Board
36 21 1.8k
  • money yes, picks no.

    @miktoxic said:

    money yes, picks no.

    ^

  • Fuck it, he's young. We have our QB, a couple good WRs, another Probowl TE in Cameron... A good young D. Do it.

  • It's pretty much a lock because his name also starts with a 'J'.

    We may lose JGordon but we'll get JGraham...

  • I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

  • no way!!!

  • I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    @adoug319 said:

    I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    i don't think we are going after him. someone just raised the question.

    PoG, we have a couple of WRs (that will play this year) but not at the level of a true number one. i would think (depending on how our pick at LB, CB and RB pan out) WR would be our number one pick next year. can't just throw away first round picks.

  • If this was going to happen and it would indeed take a first rounder the next two seasons... wouldn't we still have a first rounder next year or could you give up 2 in one year and then not owe a first the following???

    I DON'T KNOW!!!

  • @adoug319 said:

    I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    i don't think we are going after him. someone just raised the question.

    PoG, we have a couple of WRs (that will play this year) but not at the level of a true number one. i would think (depending on how our pick at LB, CB and RB pan out) WR would be our number one pick next year. can't just throw away first round picks.

    @miktoxic said:

    i would think (depending on how our pick at LB, CB and RB pan out) WR would be our number one pick next year. can't just throw away first round picks.

    I totally agree with you on this mik. Assuming those do work out well, what is the second greatest need in your opinion?

  • @miktoxic said:

    i would think (depending on how our pick at LB, CB and RB pan out) WR would be our number one pick next year. can't just throw away first round picks.

    I totally agree with you on this mik. Assuming those do work out well, what is the second greatest need in your opinion?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I totally agree with you on this mik. Assuming those do work out well, what is the second greatest need in your opinion?

    A QB 😆

  • I was squarely in the hell nah contingent, then l watched the highlight reel. Reminded me a little of the Manziel highlight reel where he would sling a rise ball and rely on a guy like Evans to outjump the coverage and snare it. Johnny would dig this guy.

  • I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    @adoug319 said:

    I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    25% in the slot, 30% as TE. Can't block, helluva pass catcher.

    He isn't a TE.....

    And no PoG, you cannot trade another teams pick in this case.

  • Screw it, why not. We wont be drafting in the top 15 anyway. The thought of him and Cam and Gordon woud be freaking sweet. The Saints will end up paying it though.

  • Id rather re-sign Cameron for WAY less and keep the picks.

  • No...

  • @miktoxic said:

    i would think (depending on how our pick at LB, CB and RB pan out) WR would be our number one pick next year. can't just throw away first round picks.

    I totally agree with you on this mik. Assuming those do work out well, what is the second greatest need in your opinion?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I totally agree with you on this mik. Assuming those do work out well, what is the second greatest need in your opinion?

    if they do work out, we will be a well improved team on both sides of the ball! 🙂

    i really don't know at this point right? i think a lot is going to depend on what happens at the all important QB position. if the starter, whoever it is goes 0 and 4 out the gate i can hear the rumbling for whoever is the backup to start. if that means hoyer sits and manziel comes in and performs well, then i don't see a real need to draft another one next year. maybe sign another in FA. if it's hoyer that sucks it might be his last chance and i could see the browns parting ways with him. i don't know what would happen if they named manziel the starter and he sucks eggs. i think they would write it off as inexperience and give him more time and patience.

    maybe another TE? maybe an OL if shanahan is still not happy with the protection and run blocking.

    contracts might have a lot to do with what the FO decides to do. that and age at a certain position where we will need to add replacements and depth.

  • I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    @adoug319 said:

    I don't understand why we're going after Jimmy Graham. We already have Jordan Cameron

    Never mind... Read up on him he lines up as a WR 45% of the time.

    Please watch a few Patriots games pre murder charge and broken bones.

  • I'd seriously consider it. We'd still have a (likely high) draft pick next year and WR and or down field offensive threat would be our biggest need. The only problem would be resigning Cameron and possibly Gordon (although his price tag should be pretty damn low.)

  • We would keep the Bills pick, so still have a 1st next year and all the rest of our picks. It would be sweet as hell to get Graham. As for Cameron, He could get franchised after the season. We wont get Jimmy, but it is still fun to think about having them both on the team.

  • It was speculated by Nate Ulrich (Akron Beacon Journal) that the Browns may be a potential suitor for Jimmy Graham if he does not sign his franchise tag.

    Is he worth a monster contract + a 2015 1st round pick + a 2016 1st round pick?

    I say no, but not without seriously considering it

    Thoughts?

    @thenew23 said:

    It was speculated by Nate Ulrich (Akron Beacon Journal) that the Browns may be a potential suitor for Jimmy Graham if he does not sign his franchise tag.

    Is he worth a monster contract + a 2015 1st round pick + a 2016 1st round pick?

    I say no, but not without seriously considering it

    Thoughts?

    No, and I do not seriously consider it... at least not at this point.

    It's the kind of move you make when you know you are one piece away and think the FA is that one piece. Right now we are just beginning to see what the image on our puzzle is and whether the pieces we have left fit.

  • This may sound a little strange. but it makes sense. I am actually more interested in what happens the 2nd half of the season than the first. By then this staff and all players are more in tune with what they are trying to do and new players will have had a chance to grow along their learning curves by then to see what this team really is going to be. I would not want to trade away a lot of the future for one guy. Too many teams have been burned in the long run for building from the top down rather than from the ground up. I'd rather see a field stretcher like Bama's Cooper plus another OL than I would a Jimmy Graham, even as great as he is.