Here Come The Suspensions....
-
Fuck yo piano!
This is what prep school gangsters say, presumably.
Fuck yo piano! Fuck yo butler! Fuck yo Bentley too!
-
Hey Vers....good to see you around.
As is usually the case, we agree.
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/mike-pettine-noticed-josh-gordon-doesnt-go-all-out/
Mike Pettine noticed Josh Gordon doesn’t go all-outPosted by Darin Gantt on June 11, 2014, 8:59 AM EDTJosh GordonAPWide receiver Josh Gordon is still practicing with the Browns while he awaits word on what could be a year-long suspension.So it might be natural that he’s not practicing with the most urgency.Browns coach Mike Pettine told 92.3 The Fan that Gordon didn’t always exert himself fully in practice.“It is something we’ve talked about and from what I understand he’s made some improvement, but it is a work in progress,” Pettine said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’m a big believer in quality of reps versus quantity of reps. If I’m a player and I know that I’m going to be out there for 40 full-speed team snaps I may have a tendency to pace myself.“There still needs to be improvement there but we’re aware of it.”Of course, there’s a chicken-egg quality there too. If Gordon cared enough about his craft to push himself fully, he might not continue to put himself in positions that lead to suspensions.Pettine also admitted it was a bit frustrating getting ready for the season with the Gordon suspension hanging over their heads.“There’s certainly a level of frustration because we’ve known the news for so long,” Pettine said. “It’s just a holding pattern and I understand that the league has a process that they have to go through and there’s other things that they’re dealing with and we respect that. But at the same time it is difficult because it really will affect our preparation for the season.”Not having one of your best players tends to do that. -
Interesting to me that he would say that to the media about Gordon. I would think that was something that would stay in the coach's office or locker room.
-
Interesting to me that he would say that to the media about Gordon. I would think that was something that would stay in the coach's office or locker room.
Interesting to me that he would say that to the media about Gordon. I would think that was something that would stay in the coach's office or locker room.
maybe a little motivating tactic? Or rookie coach naivety? After all, Pettine's certainly a straight shooter.
-
Interesting to me that he would say that to the media about Gordon. I would think that was something that would stay in the coach's office or locker room.
maybe a little motivating tactic? Or rookie coach naivety? After all, Pettine's certainly a straight shooter.
-
merge>threads>gordon>pettine.
-
Maybe Gordon figures that he can smoke weed and not go as hard in practice or in games all the time because of his playmaking ability.
He probably just gets bored at times and wants to chill, get high and enjoy the things that come with being a NFL football player.
I would imagine once he wakes up and realizes that those things will fade away if he isn't able to play, it will be too late to get the big money that some are fortunate enough to be paid.
-
The NFL looks the other way if you take performance enhancing steroids or coldcock your fiance in an elevator ... but smoking pot on your time off can wreck your career.
The Steelers can shoot up and rape, the Ravens can cover up murders and punch women ... But we get the most talented player this franchise has seen since the 60s ... and he cant play because he smokes pot.
Why do the football gods hate us so?
Z
-
oil can boyd smoked crack in a janitor's closet between innings while pitching for the red sox in the world series.
and gordon still wasn't as smart as him.
-
^^ -
Davone Bess got canned for mental health issues, posted pictures of his weed cigarettes on twitter/instagram, and still managed to not fail a drugs test.
And gordon still wasn't as smart as him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login