Skip to content

Maleficent....is Bullshit

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
31 10 2.1k
  • Saw the movie Malificent with my wife.....She hated it it worse than I did. Nothing wrong with the performance of Angelina Jolie in the title role, but the entire story line was Bullshit.

    SPOILER ALERT

    I don't know what it is these days, but why can't Disney leave well enough alone. They have had a perfectly evil villain in Malificent now for 60-70 years since Sleeping Beauty was made, and this movie tries to go and redeem her. She is not fucking Darth Vader....for whom the original story line was one of redemption....but this movie tries to make her out to be Darth Mader. In this story, Oh, she was just a nice fairy princess until the evil human beings tried to take her land from her. And she was in love with the boy that would become king until he betrayed her and stole her wings. And it was her love for Aurora and her kiss that woke her from the curse the she could not revoke.

    All fucking bullshit. An attempt to make change the dynamic by saying that it is all the fault of greedy humans who wanted to destroy the idyllic nature of Maleficent's home. Horse hockey.

    Maleficent is evil.....her name means evil. Jolie's performance should have been one where she was deliciously evil.

    I mean, what are they going to do next: try to say that Cruella DeVille was just misunderstood?

  • It's Disney what do you expect?

    Off topic: three best Disney villains ever. Go:

    1. Malificent

    2. Ursela

    3. Scar

  • I wouldn't watch the movie if it were free.

  • i saw a preview on tv and professed i'd never watch it as well......unless jolie drops her drawers and rides herself on a dragon's horn.

    what i saw from the previews is disney has really lost a step. the CG looked terrible.

  • Disney ' s latest venture into cg, frozen, stomped the shit out of every other animated film this year.

  • i saw a preview on tv and professed i'd never watch it as well......unless jolie drops her drawers and rides herself on a dragon's horn.

    what i saw from the previews is disney has really lost a step. the CG looked terrible.

    @miktoxic said:

    i saw a preview on tv and professed i'd never watch it as well......unless jolie drops her drawers and rides herself on a dragon's horn.

    what i saw from the previews is disney has really lost a step. the CG looked terrible.

    Actually, no, I thought the CG was fine. A lot of the images were fine. It was just the story line that I had problems with.

  • Disney ' s latest venture into cg, frozen, stomped the shit out of every other animated film this year.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Disney ' s latest venture into cg, frozen, stomped the shit out of every other animated film this year.

    And live action film.

  • Big Bad Wolf

    Captain Hook

    Peg leg Pete

  • Disney ' s latest venture into cg, frozen, stomped the shit out of every other animated film this year.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Disney ' s latest venture into cg, frozen, stomped the shit out of every other animated film this year.

    yeah that was an animated film. this is a regular film with half the shit painted in to try and look real. sorry i worked in the biz for years and know when i see shit work.

  • I also know shit work when I see it and Disney ain't it

  • I also know shit work when I see it and Disney ain't it

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I also know shit work when I see it and Disney ain't it

    and do you know it by seeing it or knowing how to do it?

  • Until you prove you can do a better job at cgi than Disney I just take you for a self important Internet troll

  • Until you prove you can do a better job at cgi than Disney I just take you for a self important Internet troll

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Until you prove you can do a better job at cgi than Disney I just take you for a self important Internet troll

    really?

    what on the computer can you do besides type?

    don't even come at me sideways about this cuz i will make you look silly.

  • You've never had the ability to make me look silly no matter how many times we do the dance mik. Ever. If you want to attempt to do that and make me rebut you until you threaten to

    A. Hunt me down or

    B. Block me

    You go ahead and do that. But no one here or anywhere that has a brain that is functional and not pickled in alcohol and thc believes you can create better cgi than the Walt Disney company/pixar.

  • first off why would i hunt you down? how could i 'block' you?

    me personally spend a 100 hours creating a 4 minute animated segment? a member of a 30 person inking crew that just draws in hd quality wireframes just for story board presentation? or maybe i could have worked in a media segment that has dealt with buying and selling airtime? maybe then a person could be a liason between a design firm/film co./color correction render house?

    just maybe you might meet someone like that some day. and they might have met and spent time with someone who sits behind a big desk and tells other people which bugs to step on.

  • Gee whiz mik I don't know is it because you threatened to have your buddies trace my ip address so you could hunt me down in the thread 'uniformz'? I can't dredge up the thread you threatened to block me in (since you're a guru and all you should know how to use the block function, no?) Don't try to impress me with your bullshit. I'm not impressed. First all you've not a clue what my background is (it's in engineering, not animation, but if you know any engineers that are clueless in computer science I'd like to meet that person)

    And second: you claim Disney ' s cgi is shitty. Bullshit. Disney is the best money can buy. You can talk all day but until you can provide evidence you can create better cgi than an industry leader it's all just bluff and bluster.

  • laugh at you.

    Screen_shot_2014_06_22_at_12_56_13_AM.pn

    suck a nut.

  • That's proves nothing nice try though. It certainly doesn't prove you can make disney/pixar ' s work look like crap

  • all it proves is i know more than you do about the production of animation...2d, 3d every way around it.

    i just wanted to put a different view on the discussion from someone that knows how it's done, which is different from someone that just sits in front of a screen eating bon bons and just looks at it.

    i'm holding back my nasty comments because i actually respect your opinions. can we just leave it at we just won't agree on this subject?

  • Sitting around eating bon bons is pretty funny. You don't know a thing about me and vice versa. Yes. Let's leave it at that. I do believe you that you know a bit about animation but I find it hard to believe you think disney/pixar dies crap work. That's my main point here. If disney/pixar does crap work who does good work?