Skip to content

Maleficent....is Bullshit

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
31 10 2.1k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I guess I must be missing the argument here. Granted I am a guy who watches the films but I'd be hard pressed to think of anybody who does CGI better Disney and or Pixar.

    WSS

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I usually watch them with one eye open.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #23

    the bar always has to be measured. i'm sure a lot of people think woody allen has made great movies. not me.

    disney is the holy grail of animation. pixar is the new standard. BUT just because you did something great yesterday doesn't mean what you put out tomorrow will be great. i can't remember the last time i was excited about a disney movie coming out.

    go ahead and jump in line for earth to echo. garbage.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #24

    @westside-steve said:

    I was under the impression that Disney owns Pixar so its all Disney right?

    But personal taste isn't the only consideration in any art form. Frankly I think Annie Hall is one of the five or ten best movies ever made.

    On the other hand I didn't really love his older comedies. Still the guy has an astounding filmography.

    Of course someone might come on with much better stuff then Disney, Pixar but until they do...

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I'm with you on woody Allen. I hate his films.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I saw this movie the weekend it came out. That third act was a total crock of shit. They did a great job of building up a tragic, morally confused character, and if it ended the way the original did, the movie would have been incredible. Instead, they take the Disney way out and turned it into a black and white affair. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything since it was a Disney movie.

  • I saw this movie the weekend it came out. That third act was a total crock of shit. They did a great job of building up a tragic, morally confused character, and if it ended the way the original did, the movie would have been incredible. Instead, they take the Disney way out and turned it into a black and white affair. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything since it was a Disney movie.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @vaportrail said:

    I saw this movie the weekend it came out. That third act was a total crock of shit. They did a great job of building up a tragic, morally confused character, and if it ended the way the original did, the movie would have been incredible. Instead, they take the Disney way out and turned it into a black and white affair. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything since it was a Disney movie.

    Well, it started earlier than that when in the beginning they made the humans out be be the bad guys, like they were orcs or something.

  • JPPT1974J JPPT1974 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I loved that movie. Different but loved it!

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Earth to Echo.

    another great disney offering.

    walt must be turning over in his nazi grave.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Cruella DeVille

    Peg Leg Pete

    Miktoxic

    Z

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    HA!