Skip to content

Ben Tate

Locked The Browns Board
75 25 3.8k
  • @cleinchi said:

    Can anyone remember a free agent acquisition that has embraced the fandom of Cleveland for it's beloved Browns as much as Ben Tate has?

    Dude gives away Indians tickets, signed jerseys, meets people up for dinner, but most importantly he just shoots the shit with fans via social media...

    Granted it is easy to connect to fans now because of facebook and twitter , but can any old timers clue us into some former Browns who would have rivaled Ben's connectivity with the fans?

    i haven't seen anything about tate doing this. would love some links.

    @miktoxic said:

    i haven't seen anything about tate doing this. would love some links.

    exactly, the media is too busy stalking JFF to write articles about how great he has been,

    Follow him on twitter or facebook - probably the only way you will see his good deeds to the city .. you can also just check out his facebook and twitter streams below...

    https://twitter.com/BenTateRB

    https://www.facebook.com/BenTateRB

    He has been doing this since day 1 on his own, no agent, no press conference - just showing love to the city.

  • @mike-h said:

    I love Tate. Right after he signed he tweeted an article I wrote two years ago about him coming to Cleveland.

    I like him too but I keep getting the feeling West might turn out to be the better back. Maybe we will have two thousand-yard-rushers this year.

  • @mike-h said:

    I love Tate. Right after he signed he tweeted an article I wrote two years ago about him coming to Cleveland.

    I like him too but I keep getting the feeling West might turn out to be the better back. Maybe we will have two thousand-yard-rushers this year.

    @osiris said:

    I like him too but I keep getting the feeling West might turn out to be the better back. Maybe we will have two thousand-yard-rushers this year.

    He very well might, I wish the media would take some time to talk about someone doing something good for the sake of doing something good... Tate was on Rome today and he asked him about Johnny, if you google Ben Tate you will see articles coming in from profootballtalk and cbssports about how he said Johnny talk is annoying... which I am willing to be most people who will click on this thread were assuming it was about.

  • @mike-h said:

    I love Tate. Right after he signed he tweeted an article I wrote two years ago about him coming to Cleveland. That was a pretty interesting night. I got out of work and had 100 Twitter notifications.

    Seems like a rally interactive guy, who realizes how lucky he is to be in his position, and he's enjoying it.

    I thought you couldn't take the pay cut to be a writer?

  • Just messing with you, it is something I have done from time to time as well, pretty fun to get those checks for $7 in the mail from clicks haha

  • @mike-h said:

    he tweeted an article I wrote two years ago about him coming to Cleveland.

    i might bust your balls mike but that's pretty cool.

    saw i guy at shea stadium when i first got to NY back in the late 80s wearing a shirt we had done in AZ a year or two before. wanted to yell something at the guy but that would have been way gay.

  • Really excited about the run game this season,been wanting this system here for years now back when I was touting Rick Dennison instead of Shurmur.

  • insanely funny shit!

    not.

  • @mike-h said:

    More off-base than 50 Cents' first pitch.

    So true...

    Clear case of reading espin headlines without reading the article.

    Seriously.....why is it that anyone who speaks negatively about the lil squirt is jealous of him? Is that the best a manzealiot can muster? Even funnier is that yes, has been done before....and his point wasn't about the lil guy as much as it was ripping the media for how they treat him. But let's not let facts get in the way of the manziel fags narrative.

    The cross field toss was great (despite the fact the only coverage was kitchen, the fucking nose tackle)....the pick 6 to Haden.....not so much.

  • Tate is a good guy and a good pickup for the Browns.

  • @mike-h said:

    I love Tate. Right after he signed he tweeted an article I wrote two years ago about him coming to Cleveland.

    I like him too but I keep getting the feeling West might turn out to be the better back. Maybe we will have two thousand-yard-rushers this year.

    @osiris said:

    I like him too but I keep getting the feeling West might turn out to be the better back. Maybe we will have two thousand-yard-rushers this year.

    Yeah! Tate's got the right number (#44)...now we just need West to wear #34 and we're good to go! (minus the #44 goal line fumble of course)

  • you won't ever get it will you?

    we all want our rookies, FAs and roster players to be great, no matter what.

    meanwhile you bash a guy for embracing cleveland, a guy who goes out of his way to show he wants to be here, to protect the name of a rookie QB who really doesn't care where he's at (but he'd rather be in vegas).

    public perception right now is everything.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I havent watched ESPN since the draft. I also didnt read any articles. I read and heard his interview. My thoughts completely. If you dont agree i am perfectly fine with that but why do you need to resort to name calling?

    therein lies the rub.

    Either your reading comprehension is terrible, or you're a liar.

    If you read and heard what Tate said, you'd know he was sticking up for your boyfriend and trashing the media.

    But I suspect that youre a liar. You read a headline and formed an opinion. The headline rubbed you the wrong way cause johnny too short first, browns last.

    Hack.

    Edit: wait...you didn't read any articles, but you read and heard what Tate said? How fucking stupid are you....really? Most people unwittingly contradict themselves. You even fucked that up.....stone cold liar.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Not sure what your problem is and why you are getting yourself so worked up. I guess you really care what i think...thanks, i see it as a compliment. Not sure why you need to believe i am unable to come to conclusions on my own and why that even matters in your argument. I dont think Tate feeling jealousy is that big of a deal. I think it would be human nature for a guy that has had very little in the NFL. If those same comments came from Gordan or Haden or Mingo, id put more stock into them. But coming from a guy who hasnt done much, it sounds like sour grapes.

    What has your boyfriend done in the NFL?

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Create excitement and hope. What have you done in the NFL?

    Played the same number of downs as your boyfriend.

  • I got no problem with tate puffing out his chest. Browns need more like him.....motivational wise. looks like he has put some poundage. lets see how far that 230 lbs can carry him

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Create excitement and hope. What have you done in the NFL?

    Weeden created excitement and hope, Quinn did as well. Jeezus you Manziel lovers need to keep it in check. Just calm down and quit assuming everyone wants him to fail or are jealous of him, because you're wrong in both thoughts.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    He is rubbing me the wrong way. Sounds like he is jealous of all the attention Manziel gets. Hence why he is going to great lengths to put attention onto himself. All the players were raving about the throw Johnny made to Cameron and he says that its nothing he hasnt seen before. Umm yea whatever Tate, fuckin career backup.

    And you wonder why we have an issue with JM fanboys...

  • It would be nice if people would actually READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE before they start blasting away.

    Yes, Tate more or less said that he wasn't so sure that someone who has yet to play a down in the NFL

    deserves so much attention.

    But then he says:

    "It's just as a player I know that I would get tired if people were constantly monitoring if I picked my nose, if I spit to the left or right," Tate said. "I mean, it's annoying. He's a human being. He's a great football player so I understand why he gets some of the constant media attention. At the same time I just figure at this stage he's tired of it and he wants to come in here and do his job and try to win the starting quarterback position."

    Yeah, he's really bashing the kid.

    Get a grip, folks.

  • It would be nice if people would actually READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE before they start blasting away.

    Yes, Tate more or less said that he wasn't so sure that someone who has yet to play a down in the NFL

    deserves so much attention.

    But then he says:

    "It's just as a player I know that I would get tired if people were constantly monitoring if I picked my nose, if I spit to the left or right," Tate said. "I mean, it's annoying. He's a human being. He's a great football player so I understand why he gets some of the constant media attention. At the same time I just figure at this stage he's tired of it and he wants to come in here and do his job and try to win the starting quarterback position."

    Yeah, he's really bashing the kid.

    Get a grip, folks.

    @dste-ace said:

    It would be nice if people would actually READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE before they start blasting away.

    Yes, Tate more or less said that he wasn't so sure that someone who has yet to play a down in the NFL

    deserves so much attention.

    But then he says:

    "It's just as a player I know that I would get tired if people were constantly monitoring if I picked my nose, if I spit to the left or right," Tate said. "I mean, it's annoying. He's a human being. He's a great football player so I understand why he gets some of the constant media attention. At the same time I just figure at this stage he's tired of it and he wants to come in here and do his job and try to win the starting quarterback position."

    Yeah, he's really bashing the kid.

    Get a grip, folks.

    This was the best part of the article.

    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but ESPN changed the title of the article 3 times in about an hour span. They will do anything to get clicks nowadays.