Skip to content

so who will be your biggest disappointment...

The Browns Board
19 16 885
  • Hmm, good question. I almost take it as having to be a player that l have certain expectations for that will let me down if they don't meet said expectations. That basically rules out all rookies and most free agents for me since l have less time worrying about them.

    Gonna go with Joe Haden. After his performance the last few years and the big contract extension, l basically expect him to be all that and a bag of chips.

  • Wow didn't even think of Haden. expecting him to be a stable and competent player. Would suck if has a bad year.

  • haden has already proven himself so unless they totally fuck with him by changing up the playbook he can't disappoint.

    the guy i'm looking at is kruger. we signed him 2 years back as a high price FA and last year he did absolutely nothing. he better step the F up. hopefully pettine and o'neil's D will conform better to his true position.

  • I know it has a good chance of not happening, but hopefully Hoyer doesnt shit the bed this year and look horrid, therefore thrusting Johnny into the lions den.

    I will go with Kruger. Mediocre last year. Needs to step up

  • haden has already proven himself so unless they totally fuck with him by changing up the playbook he can't disappoint.

    the guy i'm looking at is kruger. we signed him 2 years back as a high price FA and last year he did absolutely nothing. he better step the F up. hopefully pettine and o'neil's D will conform better to his true position.

    @miktoxic said:

    haden has already proven himself so unless they totally fuck with him by changing up the playbook he can't disappoint.

    the guy i'm looking at is kruger. we signed him 2 years back as a high price FA and last year he did absolutely nothing. he better step the F up. hopefully pettine and o'neil's D will conform better to his true position.

    Oh yeah, I was mulling over who for a bit, then I read your post and I gotta agree. Although biggest disappointment might be off a bit because we were already disappointed by him last year.

    There's a lot of people I was quite happy about when they signed, and will definitely disappoint if they don't perform...Tate, Dansby, Hawkins, Austin...

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Mingo. I really like this kid. I expect a really strong season from him. I think with Ward gone he needs to take up the leadership role.

    Pretty sure that Whitner has already taken over the defensive leadership role. I'd give it a few years before Mingo is expected to be a leader of the defense, especially when he really isn't on the field every play.

  • On D-side I expect the disappointment to come out of the LB corps. As a group they are still our weakest link with a fair number still playing out of position IMO. Tempted to pull Robertson out of the bunch, but Kirksey may not give Craig a chance to disappoint. Mingo's a possible, but have a feeling that the scheme will help him in his designated rusher role. So I'll go with an every-down guy, Kruger. While staunch against the run, his relative inability to pressure the passer or cover receivers means another pedestrian season for this once touted FA.

    On the O-side I think the easy answer is Manziel since "fan expectations" are so high. But since I do not share those expectations, that'd be cheating. Conversely group expectations for the anticipated Gordon-less WR corps are too low to generate a disappointment. The RB group could supply the player, but the bar set is 2013 was so low that it's hard to imagine not significantly exceeding that output. So that leaves the O-line...

    In the O-line one name jumps out at me... Schwartz. I already see his inability to handle a speed rush as a pass protection liability. His root protection problem, slow feet and stiff hips, will also prevent him from succeeding in the zone scheme.

  • I've got a horrible feeling it'll be Whitner.

  • On defense, I'd say Mingo basically b/c I have really high expectations for him as a former #6 overall pick.

    On offense, Schwartz, b/c I am expecting him to have a great 3rd season and solidify his long-term status as a bookend RT

    These two are "core players" who we should all hope to have around for a long time, but their performance this season is key.

  • Biggest disappointment?: Tyler Thigpen. If he is the biggest, then I like our chances.

  • Jordan Cameron.

    I've been pimping him since we drafted him and called for him to have a breakout year last year and he did. Now, I'm counting on him to be what Kellen Winslow Jr. was supposed to be for us. Crossing my finger that he can pull another rabbit out of his helmet.

  • I have to go with Phil Taylor, I think he is going to need to be more of a disruptive, every down NT for our LB's to do what they need to do, he is very football smart, and a physical freak - just seems to not be the consistent and possess the conditioning to stay on the field...

  • Biggest disappointment?: Tyler Thigpen. If he is the biggest, then I like our chances.

    @the-gipper said:

    Biggest disappointment?: Tyler Thigpen. If he is the biggest, then I like our chances.

    If the Brown's defense play lights out and Thigpen starting, then I see us in the playoffs. #superbowl

  • On offense: Bitonio. Which means that the O-Line hasn't improved and rushing the ball is ineffective.

    On defense: Gilbert. Which means that the Browns wasted the #8 pick in the draft.

  • Jordan Cameron.

    I've been pimping him since we drafted him and called for him to have a breakout year last year and he did. Now, I'm counting on him to be what Kellen Winslow Jr. was supposed to be for us. Crossing my finger that he can pull another rabbit out of his helmet.

    @poeticg said:

    Jordan Cameron.

    I've been pimping him since we drafted him and called for him to have a breakout year last year and he did. Now, I'm counting on him to be what Kellen Winslow Jr. was supposed to be for us. Crossing my finger that he can pull another rabbit out of his helmet.

    I'd have to agree with you here. When you take into account his numbers dropping towards the end of the year, our lack of known weapons outside, and opposing defenses likely keying on Cameron, it could be a rough year for him.

    Or he could turn into monster ala Graham or Gronk and become a top of the line TE, a scenario I'm hoping for.

  • On offense: Bitonio. Which means that the O-Line hasn't improved and rushing the ball is ineffective.

    On defense: Gilbert. Which means that the Browns wasted the #8 pick in the draft.

    @suomi said:

    On offense: Bitonio. Which means that the O-Line hasn't improved and rushing the ball is ineffective.

    On defense: Gilbert. Which means that the Browns wasted the #8 pick in the draft.

    Gilbert was picked as high as he was for his long term potential. Don't be surprised if he experiences some growing pains. The same could be said for Bitonio.

    Schwartz and possibly McFadden should probably be the bigger focus of your attention as they've both had time to acclimate to the league and need to make the leap to prove they belong, but that's just my take.

  • Johnny Football. He won't break ever league passing record this season. That'll make him a disappoint to about a third of the board