Skip to content

Cool Depth chart break down

The Browns Board
14 9 795
  • what this shows and didn't know is w/o gordon there are only 2 guys on this chart that are over 6' tall.

    short at WR is an understatement.

    @miktoxic said:

    what this shows and didn't know is w/o gordon there are only 2 guys on this chart that are over 6' tall.

    short at WR is an understatement.

    A couple that are 6', but yeah. The FO is loading up on taller corners because that's the way they see the league going, but then we're loading up on not so tall WRs.

    I think without Gordon we're looking for Austin to be the No1 guy. He has the size, speed and experience to be able to be a big player for us *if* he can stay healthy.

  • @miktoxic said:

    what this shows and didn't know is w/o gordon there are only 2 guys on this chart that are over 6' tall.

    short at WR is an understatement.

    A couple that are 6', but yeah. The FO is loading up on taller corners because that's the way they see the league going, but then we're loading up on not so tall WRs.

    I think without Gordon we're looking for Austin to be the No1 guy. He has the size, speed and experience to be able to be a big player for us *if* he can stay healthy.

    @gftchris said:

    A couple that are 6', but yeah. The FO is loading up on taller corners because that's the way they see the league going, but then we're loading up on not so tall WRs.

    I think without Gordon we're looking for Austin to be the No1 guy. He has the size, speed and experience to be able to be a big player for us *if* he can stay healthy.

    Gilbert is 6', Haden 5' 11", the tallest CB is Desir at 6' 1".

    I agree with you on WR. This is what I'm hoping for at this point, and hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal. Wow I didn't realize Hawkins is only 5' 7".

  • @gftchris said:

    A couple that are 6', but yeah. The FO is loading up on taller corners because that's the way they see the league going, but then we're loading up on not so tall WRs.

    I think without Gordon we're looking for Austin to be the No1 guy. He has the size, speed and experience to be able to be a big player for us *if* he can stay healthy.

    Gilbert is 6', Haden 5' 11", the tallest CB is Desir at 6' 1".

    I agree with you on WR. This is what I'm hoping for at this point, and hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal. Wow I didn't realize Hawkins is only 5' 7".

    @tml1138 said:

    Gilbert is 6', Haden 5' 11", the tallest CB is Desir at 6' 1".

    I agree with you on WR. This is what I'm hoping for at this point, and hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal. Wow I didn't realize Hawkins is only 5' 7".

    We were looking specifically for bigger guys at CB. Compare Gilbet (6') & Desir (6'1) to the two people who would have been CB2 & CB3 before the draft, Skrine (5'9") and McFadden (5'9") and you get an idea. We all saw Skrine getting abused by taller receivers last year.

  • @tml1138 said:

    Gilbert is 6', Haden 5' 11", the tallest CB is Desir at 6' 1".

    I agree with you on WR. This is what I'm hoping for at this point, and hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal. Wow I didn't realize Hawkins is only 5' 7".

    We were looking specifically for bigger guys at CB. Compare Gilbet (6') & Desir (6'1) to the two people who would have been CB2 & CB3 before the draft, Skrine (5'9") and McFadden (5'9") and you get an idea. We all saw Skrine getting abused by taller receivers last year.

    @gftchris said:

    We were looking specifically for bigger guys at CB. Compare Gilbet (6') & Desir (6'1) to the two people who would have been CB2 & CB3 before the draft, Skrine (5'9") and McFadden (5'9") and you get an idea. We all saw Skrine getting abused by taller receivers last year.

    Right. I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing out heights of our two new drafted CB's, and then looking at our top CB (Haden) height.

  • @gftchris said:

    We were looking specifically for bigger guys at CB. Compare Gilbet (6') & Desir (6'1) to the two people who would have been CB2 & CB3 before the draft, Skrine (5'9") and McFadden (5'9") and you get an idea. We all saw Skrine getting abused by taller receivers last year.

    Right. I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing out heights of our two new drafted CB's, and then looking at our top CB (Haden) height.

    @tml1138 said:

    Right. I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing out heights of our two new drafted CB's, and then looking at our top CB (Haden) height.

    OK, sorry.

    Haden's a bit of an exception in that he has shown he has the speed and technique to make up for shortcomings in height. I remember Pettine saying something like 'if you're that little bit taller it allows you to make up for deficiencies in technique' or similar. Haden has worked hard to rid himself of the deficiencies in technique.

  • Nice site... love the instant view of how we came by a given player although you need a decoder ring (or the site's key) to get some of the abbrev's.

    Interesting that they moved Wallace to RT.

  • @gftchris said:

    A couple that are 6', but yeah. The FO is loading up on taller corners because that's the way they see the league going, but then we're loading up on not so tall WRs.

    I think without Gordon we're looking for Austin to be the No1 guy. He has the size, speed and experience to be able to be a big player for us *if* he can stay healthy.

    Gilbert is 6', Haden 5' 11", the tallest CB is Desir at 6' 1".

    I agree with you on WR. This is what I'm hoping for at this point, and hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal. Wow I didn't realize Hawkins is only 5' 7".

    @tml1138 said:

    I agree with you on WR. hopefully Johnson ends up being a steal.

    i like johnson's size and his play although it was against division ii talent.

    i'm surprised that we even looked his way considering the character issues. maybe he'll see what a dumbass gordon is and actually take the opportunity and run with it. pun intended.

  • This site has a complete up to date depth chart. There are a bunch of guys on our roster that I was like "who is that?" A lot of young players at WR and CB.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

    @lbc-mike said:

    This site has a complete up to date depth chart. There are a bunch of guys on our roster that I was like "who is that?" A lot of young players at WR and CB.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

    Ourlads has been a staple on this board for years as the go to site for depth chart info.

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    This site has a complete up to date depth chart. There are a bunch of guys on our roster that I was like "who is that?" A lot of young players at WR and CB.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

    Ourlads has been a staple on this board for years as the go to site for depth chart info.

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

    @the-gipper said:

    Ourlads has been a staple on this board for years as the go to site for depth chart info.

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

    My thought as well, I thought Greco was doing a pretty damn good job and the right side was weak
  • @the-gipper said:

    Ourlads has been a staple on this board for years as the go to site for depth chart info.

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

    My thought as well, I thought Greco was doing a pretty damn good job and the right side was weak

    @comeonman said:

    My thought as well, I thought Greco was doing a pretty damn good job and the right side was weak

    Bitonio has been playing LG in OTAs. Probably the smart move to put the rookie between your 2 pro-bowlers, and then put the more reliable Greco on the other side to help out Schwartz... makes perfect sense to me...

  • @lbc-mike said:

    This site has a complete up to date depth chart. There are a bunch of guys on our roster that I was like "who is that?" A lot of young players at WR and CB.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

    Ourlads has been a staple on this board for years as the go to site for depth chart info.

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am wondering why they have Bitonio over on the left side instead of the right. The left is where I thought John Greco would be the starter.

    Because they're smart... (see below)

    @thenew23 said:

    Bitonio has been playing LG in OTAs. Probably the smart move to put the rookie between your 2 pro-bowlers, and then put the more reliable Greco on the other side to help out Schwartz... makes perfect sense to me...

    Ed Zachery...