TEAM AMERICA: World Cup
-
If we play the way we did against Portugal, we can draw with a German team who would rather skate by in their final game and rest up for the knock out rounds. We played a great game with only two major mistakes, unfortunately Portugal took advantage of both. We should've had three goals and Portugal truly only earned one (the last one.)
After a few drinks I'm much more optimistic about our chances. That last goal would be much tougher to stomach if we hadn't won the first game. I'd be concerned about a hang over but we still control our own destiny and have the upper hand which should be enough motivation going into the final game in group play.
If the USA wasn't a participant in that game I would say it was one of the best in the World Cup so far and I might be able to say that if we advance.
But we have to advance.
-
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
-
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.
i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.
That's what happens when you play in the middle of a rain forest.
Ballsy pick. They still need to beat Italia to move to the knock out stage. Suarez is a baller though (I have a buddy who's a huge Liverpool fan. I'm pretty sure I've heard enough about Suarez to consider him family.) I'm looking forward to that game.
-
I could go on a long rant about England, but I'll decline the option.
-
All I can say is: DUMBASSES.
You would think the US team was headquartered in Cleveland with a heartbreaking loss.....errrr.....tie, like that.
-
U S A
U S A
U S A
U S A
U S A
-
Didn't the world cup finish already?

-
I have to avoid all media until I get home from work... Ugh
-
Screw that, watch it online. Our company has an internal stream set up. If you take the tube, the boards showing when the next trains are, are showing the scores. Can't really avoid it!
-
-
https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC
It's flooding outside the stadium currently. Kick off in 2 hours.
-
I am streaming it at work. Can't fucking wait.
-
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
-
USA getting in to the game a bit more now, after some early scares.
-
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
It happens in many sports, basketball, baseball, etc. It just matters on his allegiance it is just preference. Or than maybe he knows the USA is awesomer, Merica.
-
-
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
I don't have a problem with it. Get back to me if he loses us a game.
-
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.
Seeing as he is our second best player...


I mean, come on, a guy named Jurgen Klinsmann, who played for Germany is our god damned coach. The alternative is Bill Bradley.
-
Hell yeah, go USA.
I was able to avoid hearing about the game at work, on the internet and my phone. I watched my recording later today and I'm pumped. Go Portugal, lol
-
So Belgium, Argentina, The Netherlands, and France are all that lies between us and the title. Hrmph.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login