Skip to content

Cricket

Barber Shop Talk
7 6 523
  • As long as we are talking World Cup in fey sports....why no buzz for the Cricket World Cup for which qualifications are taking place right now?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Cricket_World_Cup

    Apparently though, the US didn't even have an entry in the qualifying rounds.

    Now, to be honest....cricket is one sport I really do not understand.

  • Because cricket is played to a high level by a much smaller group of nations, and the drop off outside of those is quite massive, so the big teams will always qualify, and then there'll be a few also rans. The interesting stuff happens at the finals.

  • When the entire country of India tunes in for the finals... It'll be a big deal

  • This very well might be the only major sport which I have no interest in learning about.

    I can barely handle a 4 hour football/basketball/baseball game much less a 2-3 day event.

  • When the entire country of India tunes in for the finals... It'll be a big deal

    @mld-woody said:

    When the entire country of India tunes in for the finals... It'll be a big deal

    then went home and popped in a Ravi Shankar greatest hits CD..

    No disrespect, just don't get it.

    Same with Sublime.

    WSS

  • I like some of sublimes punk oriented songs but the reggae stoner stuff is not for me.

  • I don't know about Ravi Shankhar but some of Jai Uttal"s kirtans pump me up when I'm jogging. Odd but true.