Tate - West - Crowell - Baker - Lewis - OBI
-
It's always hard to say before you see them play, but even harder with runningbacks. My guess is Tate and West are locks. That leaves Baker, Lewis, Crowell and OBI for 2 slots at most. Crowell can be placed on the practice squad if he shows the ability and clears waivers.
-
It's always hard to say before you see them play, but even harder with runningbacks. My guess is Tate and West are locks. That leaves Baker, Lewis, Crowell and OBI for 2 slots at most. Crowell can be placed on the practice squad if he shows the ability and clears waivers.
It's always hard to say before you see them play, but even harder with runningbacks. My guess is Tate and West are locks. That leaves Baker, Lewis, Crowell and OBI for 2 slots at most. Crowell can be placed on the practice squad if he shows the ability and clears waivers.
I was thinking about the PS, but I think Baker has a better chance to clear waivers.
-
tate, west, lewis obi.
i think any one of these guys could be 1K yard backs if the freakin offensive line can learn how to block under shannie's system.
-
It's always hard to say before you see them play, but even harder with runningbacks. My guess is Tate and West are locks. That leaves Baker, Lewis, Crowell and OBI for 2 slots at most. Crowell can be placed on the practice squad if he shows the ability and clears waivers.
I was thinking about the PS, but I think Baker has a better chance to clear waivers.
I was thinking about the PS, but I think Baker has a better chance to clear waivers.
First, I am not sure if Baker can go on the PS. Not sure if he has 8 games on a roster or not. I also think Baker gets one of the other spots. I think it comes down to Lewis and Crowell. I think Obi has run his course in Cleveland.
-
I was thinking about the PS, but I think Baker has a better chance to clear waivers.
First, I am not sure if Baker can go on the PS. Not sure if he has 8 games on a roster or not. I also think Baker gets one of the other spots. I think it comes down to Lewis and Crowell. I think Obi has run his course in Cleveland.
I think Obi has run his course in Cleveland.
i can see where people could think that. but if that's the case no one that was on the brown's roster the last 5 years wasn't worth a dime.
the browns haven't been able to run the ball effectively since hillis was here and that was a fluke. browns have some good OL (at LT and C) but they have never been able to run block and that has killed the game planning and the numbers for every back that has suited up on sunday.
hopefully that will change in a big way this year.
-
I was thinking about the PS, but I think Baker has a better chance to clear waivers.
First, I am not sure if Baker can go on the PS. Not sure if he has 8 games on a roster or not. I also think Baker gets one of the other spots. I think it comes down to Lewis and Crowell. I think Obi has run his course in Cleveland.
First, I am not sure if Baker can go on the PS. Not sure if he has 8 games on a roster or not. I also think Baker gets one of the other spots. I think it comes down to Lewis and Crowell. I think Obi has run his course in Cleveland.
We signed Baker of Houston's PS, and played him in 2 games, so I assume he's good to go.
I agree about Obi, can't shake the feeling he's gone - we've heard next to nothing about or from him looking good, or being mentioned when the coaching staff talks running backs, as far as I can remember.
-
-
Like most said, Tate and West are locks. Baker, Crowell, Obi, and Lewis all fighting for a couple spots. Baker and Crowell are PS eligible, but you run the risk of losing them on waivers... particularly Crowell. If he shows up at all in camp and pre-season, you have to keep him on the roster due to his potential. I also think you need a good pass-catcher for 3rd downs which should be an obvious competition between Obi and Lewis.
So, to me... right now... it's
Tate / West / Lewis / Crowell on the 53
Baker to the PS, unless there is a better young RB cut somewhere else
Obi waived b/c he loses 3rd down back competition to Lewis
-
Like most said, Tate and West are locks. Baker, Crowell, Obi, and Lewis all fighting for a couple spots. Baker and Crowell are PS eligible, but you run the risk of losing them on waivers... particularly Crowell. If he shows up at all in camp and pre-season, you have to keep him on the roster due to his potential. I also think you need a good pass-catcher for 3rd downs which should be an obvious competition between Obi and Lewis.
So, to me... right now... it's
Tate / West / Lewis / Crowell on the 53
Baker to the PS, unless there is a better young RB cut somewhere else
Obi waived b/c he loses 3rd down back competition to Lewis
Like most said, Tate and West are locks. Baker, Crowell, Obi, and Lewis all fighting for a couple spots. Baker and Crowell are PS eligible, but you run the risk of losing them on waivers... particularly Crowell. If he shows up at all in camp and pre-season, you have to keep him on the roster due to his potential. I also think you need a good pass-catcher for 3rd downs which should be an obvious competition between Obi and Lewis.
So, to me... right now... it's
Tate / West / Lewis / Crowell on the 53
Baker to the PS, unless there is a better young RB cut somewhere else
Obi waived b/c he loses 3rd down back competition to Lewis
That's what I'd probably end up doing.
-
Tate, West, Baker. Maybe Lewis, but I don't see it. Obi is versatile and could still hang out but I doubt it.
-
Who can catch out of this bunch? From what l've heard West can catch, we know Obi can a little. Lewis l hear can. How about Baker? Crowell not so much.
That's the key, l think. They got a spot on the pot all nice and warm for a third down back type who can catch and hustle. If Baker can do that, l think he gets the job.
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login