Skip to content

For those complaining about bad coverage...

The Browns Board
12 7 462
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    "Another worthless article for TMZESPN to stir the pot.... Pathetic

    Kelly Power · Top Commenter · LPN at Somerville Home

    Johnny football is the new Tim Tebow. Smh @ the coverage this kid gets. Espn will set up shop like they did in New Jersey 2 summers ago"
    Gee TC, I see some other folks share my opinion of BSPN's cult of personality. Tebow, RG III, now Manziel. I can't change it- apparently they know what sells- the equivalent of People magazine for television. Personally it's sickening to me the way they latch on to the "next great thing" & don't let go- to the extent of not giving what I'd like to call fair and balanced reporting to the other 31 teams. I suppose if I dug to page 42 I might be able to find something on Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

    @hoorta said:

    "Another worthless article for TMZESPN to stir the pot.... Pathetic

    Kelly Power · Top Commenter · LPN at Somerville Home

    Johnny football is the new Tim Tebow. Smh @ the coverage this kid gets. Espn will set up shop like they did in New Jersey 2 summers ago"
    Gee TC, I see some other folks share my opinion of BSPN's cult of personality. Tebow, RG III, now Manziel. I can't change it- apparently they know what sells- the equivalent of People magazine for television. Personally it's sickening to me the way they latch on to the "next great thing" & don't let go- to the extent of not giving what I'd like to call fair and balanced reporting to the other 31 teams. I suppose if I dug to page 42 I might be able to find something on Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

    Oh poor, poor, Andrew Luck.

    Come playoff time, all you'll read about are Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers. Enjoy the limelight while it lasts. If this season is anything like the last 10, we'll be out of the public's eye by December.

  • @hoorta said:

    "Another worthless article for TMZESPN to stir the pot.... Pathetic

    Kelly Power · Top Commenter · LPN at Somerville Home

    Johnny football is the new Tim Tebow. Smh @ the coverage this kid gets. Espn will set up shop like they did in New Jersey 2 summers ago"
    Gee TC, I see some other folks share my opinion of BSPN's cult of personality. Tebow, RG III, now Manziel. I can't change it- apparently they know what sells- the equivalent of People magazine for television. Personally it's sickening to me the way they latch on to the "next great thing" & don't let go- to the extent of not giving what I'd like to call fair and balanced reporting to the other 31 teams. I suppose if I dug to page 42 I might be able to find something on Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

    Oh poor, poor, Andrew Luck.

    Come playoff time, all you'll read about are Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers. Enjoy the limelight while it lasts. If this season is anything like the last 10, we'll be out of the public's eye by December.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If this season is anything like the last 10, we'll be out of the public's eye by December.

    if that's the case hoyer will have failed, JF will have failed and yes all the media will be gone as well as all the JF fans.

    and we'll all be talking about who the next golden armed surfer boy QB is that we can draft. just like last year, the year before that etc. etc.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If this season is anything like the last 10, we'll be out of the public's eye by December.

    if that's the case hoyer will have failed, JF will have failed and yes all the media will be gone as well as all the JF fans.

    and we'll all be talking about who the next golden armed surfer boy QB is that we can draft. just like last year, the year before that etc. etc.

    @miktoxic said:

    if that's the case hoyer will have failed, JF will have failed and yes all the media will be gone as well as all the JF fans.

    and we'll all be talking about who the next golden armed surfer boy QB is that we can draft. just like last year, the year before that etc. etc.

    So...Bortles?

  • I thought this was going to be a thread about some members of our secondary.

  • @miktoxic said:

    if that's the case hoyer will have failed, JF will have failed and yes all the media will be gone as well as all the JF fans.

    and we'll all be talking about who the next golden armed surfer boy QB is that we can draft. just like last year, the year before that etc. etc.

    So...Bortles?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So...Bortles?

    we can always trade gordon to jax for him. i heard they like fucked up WRs.

  • @mike-h said:

    The cult of personality is a problem with our society. Don't blame ESPN, they're a business--a very lucrative one--that caters to what people want. For every die-hard fan here who couldn't give two shits what size JF's last bowel movement was, there's 50 others lining up to click the link to read all about it.

    Was it nutty? Discolored? Solid? Check out our latest coverage and whogivesashit.com. but first, a pop-up ad for cialis.

    Ah, capitalizing on the interest of the consumer and monetizing intangible assets.

  • OK-best statement from our new secondary member CB Justin Gilbert:

    Quote: Gilbert understands that if he's out there with Haden, he'll be the one quarterbacks come after.

    "Yeah, Buster told me that last week," Gilbert said. "He was like you're going to get a lot of balls thrown at you. They don't throw to Joe's side, so that's going to give me a lot of opportunities to make plays."

    I love that attitude. That is the kind of player this team needs. It spills over to the rest of the players.

  • This is kinda cool even though it's Madden. It gives an outsider's opinion on our team. There are a few ?s in there though... Specifically Travis Benjamin, whom I think is electric, kind of like a 'mini-cribbs'.

  • @mike-h said:

    The cult of personality is a problem with our society. Don't blame ESPN, they're a business--a very lucrative one--that caters to what people want. For every die-hard fan here who couldn't give two shits what size JF's last bowel movement was, there's 50 others lining up to click the link to read all about it.

    Was it nutty? Discolored? Solid? Check out our latest coverage and whogivesashit.com. but first, a pop-up ad for cialis.

    Was it a bunch of small ones, or one big one? Yeah Mike, you nailed it. The lowest common denominator of sports fan in America has sunk pretty low.

    I see a business opportunity- Highbrow sports network- casual numbnuts stay away- you're too stupid to follow our in depth coverage. Too bad ESPN and ABC would buy them out within 5 years.

  • @mike-h said:

    The cult of personality is a problem with our society. Don't blame ESPN, they're a business--a very lucrative one--that caters to what people want. For every die-hard fan here who couldn't give two shits what size JF's last bowel movement was, there's 50 others lining up to click the link to read all about it.

    Was it nutty? Discolored? Solid? Check out our latest coverage and whogivesashit.com. but first, a pop-up ad for cialis.

    Was it a bunch of small ones, or one big one? Yeah Mike, you nailed it. The lowest common denominator of sports fan in America has sunk pretty low.

    I see a business opportunity- Highbrow sports network- casual numbnuts stay away- you're too stupid to follow our in depth coverage. Too bad ESPN and ABC would buy them out within 5 years.

    @hoorta said:

    I see a business opportunity- Highbrow sports network- casual numbnuts stay away- you're too stupid to follow our in depth coverage. Too bad ESPN and ABC would buy them out within 5 years.

    I doubt they'd be interested as ESPN already has in-depth, single topic programming, e.g., 30 for 30, OTL, E:60, and a fair list of individual documentaries and docudramas.

    News, including sports news, is mostly short-attention-span theatre casting out topic after topic and hoping one will keep potential viewers tuned in. It's why news shows "tease"... with the ultimate tease now being Sports Center's line-up on the left edge of the screen.

    History on the other hand, including sports history, is documented with depth. Good example was the recently rerun, five-part history of the AFL called "Full Color Football: The History of the American Football League" that aired on NFL Network.